Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Looking for enduro for full-on China Tour 
    Hello all China Bikers... Im arriving in Guangzhou next month with plans to immediately buy a New/used enduro with low miles for full-on China tour. Any help from the ex-pat community would be greatly appreciated! Have made several RTW oddessys with much of Asia included but Ive been waiting on the sidelines for this one a very, very long time because of the different restrictions that exist in China.
    Any advice, help or support would be helpfull before my arrival! And lets all give a big thanks to Carl for setting this website up in the first place!
    I am currently considering the Q200 or the J600 and I am willing to buy a new one if someone can assist me getting it in my name right away.......All help is welcome! Daniel
    Last edited by twowheelsRTW; 03-26-2010 at 03:15 PM.

2. #2 Re: Looking for enduro for full-on China Tour 
    Welcome to MCM Dan!

Sounds like you're looking to get your feet wet in China. Besides getting a bike, what are your tentative riding plans in China?

For those of you who don't know Dan, he's a tried an true veteran 140 country RTW biker who's tried to enter China from several bordering countries including Laos, Pakistan and a couple others with no luck thusfar. Info on him can be found on Horizons Unlimited and I'm sure he has many many crazy stories to tell.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Looking for enduro for full-on China Tour 
    What happened to Dan?

Did he make it?

4. #4 Re: Looking for enduro for full-on China Tour 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    What happened to Dan?

Did he make it?

Just about.

5. #5 Re: Looking for enduro for full-on China Tour 
    Daniel,
    I just got my JH600 a few weeks ago. Rode a bit over the holiday and am still quite pleased. Got the Nanjing plates last Friday. (That is not easy as the plates are limited in Nanjing so the JH600 should prove to be able to get license available elsewhere too. There are several threads on the JH600 on this site that I am sure you have seen. AW is making his bike compare with a BMW. I have taken a few upgrades but to be honest, the bike was pretty good out of the crate so far. There are also a couple of these JH600's in Shanghai now. Another positive is Franki. He can help. You buy the bike direct from the factory and it takes a month. I had mine shipped to Nanjing and it fired right up. So far so good. Always room for improvement. I have a GSA1200 in the states and the JH600 is not in this league but it is not bad and the cost is reasonable in comparison. I am happy to date. I have the Euro model fully loaded. Panniers are not very durable but everything else is pretty good. Just my 2 cents.

DT

6. #6 Re: Looking for enduro for full-on China Tour 
    Ok just to clear things up, what i meant by the above post is that dan is already sorted.

He has a legal Galaxy XTR250, which ChinaV organised for him. He came on the west china trip with us, has now left the country and will returning in a while to continue his travels. I'm sure we'll hear from him when he's back in china.

Felix

7. #7 Re: Looking for enduro for full-on China Tour 
    Thanks much Guys! But looking back with hindsight, I am only too glad that I ended up with the Galaxy! At the end of our sojourn while on rocky trails coming off the Tibeten Platuae Lorn asked me if the Galaxy had been the right choice after all. We just looked at each other grinning.... as we tried to imagine the extra weight of the JH 600...not that it couldnt be done.....but the lighter Galaxy and its superior suspension seemed better suited for many of the trails we used in Western China. Ironically, My decision process went from the qingqi 200 to the JH 600 and then finally the Galaxy which Lorn did indeed introduce me to. (His was the first one I ever saw and the photo was right here on MCM) And by the time I arrived in China the purchase and the registation of my new Galaxy had already been handled by Lorn. Lucky guy I am indeed.
    I would like to thank both Lorn and Crazy Carl for the hook ups and the "soft landing in China". If our paths had not crossed, I would have been out there alone on a heavier, more costly machine trying to decifer some road sign in Mandarin! Guess I better crack open the books and start studying for the next crossing of Northern China.......Until then, THANKS MILLIONS GUYS!