Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: gps trackers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: gps trackers 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Acutually minimum order is 50 pcs. I've tried to buy stuff off Alibaba before, usually they don't answer back unless i want a container. I'll try to talk to them again later. Also this is HongKong, better we find a seller inside China.
    Can anyone help, my Chinese is not good enough for this.

2. #12 Re: gps trackers 
    Great work slabo!

If someone who speaks enough Chinese would get some firm pricing, (ahem CC, maybe treat it as an exercise for the mag? Read on mate)

We should probably get on trial a few units for a real world exercise which through this forum and CC's adventure magazine alone would open enough sales to justify it for them. We have members all over E and W Europe, USA, Canada, South America, Asia, China, Aus and NZ, South Africa and more if you look at the google map on the forum home page of last 100 visitors! That in itself should sell the idea to the suppliers. A carefully constructed series of linked articles could further be placed in many other motorcycle magazines without conflict, maybe one person each country, etc etc

I will certainly put my name down for one anyway if we can get a couple to try like that? Or else if we can talk them into a dozen units perhaps we could even manage that through this forum alone? I believe if the thing works it could quickly be a mainstream item/accessory/mod. Put your hands up if you are interested folks! If we get any help from the suppliers we could change the thread name and repost it to catch the eye of all - mychinamoto-adventuremagazine-gpstracker- realworldalltheworldtrial

We have some pretty able members that could wire up and use on trips including bike shop owners, adventure riders and more, well worth a go?

3. #13 Re: gps trackers 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I think we can track these guys down and find out where to buy retail. Can't be too expensive.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #14 Re: gps trackers 
    I've gone ahead and emailed the guy listed at the bottom of this ad. this required me to register with alibaba, and surely will unleash a torrent of unwelcome messages about everything relating to GPS. But perhaps we can find out how to buy some of these gadgets.

Unfortunately for us Apple users, it looks like it's Windows only, like everything else in China.......
    jkp
    Shanghai

5. #15 Re: gps trackers 
    english website for the maker of this gps tracker is ChinaBaco

I'll report whatever I hear back from them.
    jkp
    Shanghai

6. #16 Re: gps trackers 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post

We should probably get on trial a few units for a real world exercise [...]
    I am up and very interested of trial testing, other than that I am not interested since if the day comes when someone steals my china bike in Finland then I bet the times has changed so that we have mainly sex tourists here. In other words, none wants to steal my china bike, this *by far* the most "crappy" and *cheap* bike I saw during touring Scandinavia 2900 km. And I saw many bikes, BMW GS 1200 being the most common with 1/4 to 1/3 share. Imagine seeing every third or fourth bike being GS 1200? Or imagine seeing 5 BMW GS 1200 on the opposite lane? That's reality in Northern Norway I would not be surprised if I would had offered someone the keys to my bike and said "steal this bike" just to see him replying "wtf lol never" and facepalming.

7. #17 Re: gps trackers 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    I am up and very interested of trial testing, other than that I am not interested since if the day comes when someone steals my china bike in Finland then I bet the times has changed so that we have mainly sex tourists here. In other words, none wants to steal my china bike, this *by far* the most "crappy" and *cheap* bike I saw during touring Scandinavia 2900 km. And I saw many bikes, BMW GS 1200 being the most common with 1/4 to 1/3 share. Imagine seeing every third or fourth bike being GS 1200? Or imagine seeing 5 BMW GS 1200 on the opposite lane? That's reality in Northern Norway I would not be surprised if I would had offered someone the keys to my bike and said "steal this bike" just to see him replying "wtf lol never" and facepalming.

8. #18 Re: gps trackers 
    Well as far as organised crime goes you may well be right that they prefer to steal only topline bikes and have sex with children while snorting cocaine - but as far as teenage hoodlums go, and they are everywhere even in the small towns of most of the western world, they will steal anything - use it, thrash it, dump it, strip it, burn it. Just for a trip to the pub because they are lazy or to show off. It is a gut wrenching feeling to lose something like that, you never get inured to it, it feels like a real intrusion into your personal space and you can save for, work on and get attached to even a chinabike. We aren't all rich and unfeeling or even cynically realistic.

9. #19 Re: gps trackers 
    I have written to Mr. Lee making first enquiries about the test exercise I outlined above.

10. #20 Re: gps trackers 
    Jape, I think the world has lost a great salesman on you :D

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast