Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok guys I just bought one of these. Going to post some pictures, not much info out there, will put in as much as I can starting with the specs. Any other owners out there come and share your experiences!! Welcome

Bore and Stroke:91mm x 59.5mm
    Carburetor:30mm
    Clutch:6 Plate Wet Clutch
    Cooling:Liquid Cooled
    Engine:4 Valve SoHC 387cc Four-Stroke
    Gearing:520/ 14T x 54T
    Ignition:Stator/ CDI with lighting coil
    Starter:Electric Start
    Transmission:6 Speed Manual Clutch
    Curb Weight:316 lbs
    Frame:Chromoly Closed Cradle
    Fuel Capacity:2.5 gal
    Ground Clearance:12"
    Overall Width:33"
    Seat Height:36"
    Subframe:Removable, Chromoly
    Swingarm:Alloy D Section, With Progressive Linkage
    Wheelbase:56.5"
    Front:Inverted 41mm Fork Legs
    Rear:Linkage Suspension w/ Adjustable Preload and Rebound
    Travel:9.25" Front/ 10" Rear
    Front Brake:Hydraulic w/ 260mm Rotor
    Rear Brake:Hydraulic w/ 241mm Rotor

2. #2 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Looks like a nice bike! A 22kw engine would be very a welcome upgrade for me.

Do you have more details? Where did you buy it? Can it be registered in china? How much did you pay? Is it any good? Do xingyue have a website, i can't seem to find one?

It seems like there are two different versions of this bike, dirt bike like yours and trail/touring. (which is not the first BMW GS copy we see in this country)

3. #3 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The xingyue website in english is http://en.xingyue.com/xy/web/ there are some nice pictures on a chinese web forum http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_466143_1.htm looks like the dude got his bike in China, but not sure. I paid about USD3000 for the bike that includes 19% tax and the shipping to here in Chile. The price quoted by xingyue FOB shanghai is 1600-1900 USD. There are 4 variations of the bike XY400GY / XY400GY-2 more street oriented and XY400Y and XY400Y-2 which are more dirt or dualpurpose. I find the build quality to be very good, have yet to really test it out and only time can really tell about the quality. I went for the dualprpose version as the suspension looks better and is fully adjustable, also its a few kgs lighter - and the roads are really bad here! I'll keep you posted how the bike goes!

4. #4 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Much thanks Chilexy! Any impressions on the bike are welcome!

Also, as an FYI, Pitster Pro, the folks here in the US, claim to have a bunch of touring aftermarket accessories for it... including saddle and such. Haven't seen anything yet but could be worth keeping an eye on their offerings.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Looking forward to hear how it goes, this seems like an interesting bike!

6. #6 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    A couple of weeks ago, I have seen the road version of Xingyue 400 (16" wheels) at Moto Passion in Belgrade. OK, it's nice to see a 400 cc chinese bike, but the plastic is very bad and details look like they belong to a cheap 50 cc scooter. The price was about 2200 euros.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #7 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    My Xingyue doesn't look like a 6,000 USD machine. But it doesn't look like it will fall apart, even with rough treatment. The switches are very well made, the gearbox feels very smooth and nice, plenty of torque in the engine - 6 speed gearbox allows highway speeds too. Plastic feels pretty robust too. You have to remember that you can't expect a 3,000 USD machine to be as good as a 6,000 USD one! Obviously you get what you pay for - however you do get something that will last and not give so many problems. I see now that a lot of Japanese bikes are being made outside of Japan now, many in China, some in Thailand, Taiwan and even Brazil. Because I am in Chile I have seen the Brazilian Hondas, and can honestly say that they are not very well constructed and a Chinese bike has better value for money, especially in a country where there are so many and mechanics know there way around Chinese bikes and there are lots of spares to be found. This is my second Chinese bike and the first one was a Yumbo 200cc made by Zongshen, I had driven that bike 5,000km over very bad roads in central america for 8 months without a single problem. My Xingyue has excellent value for money and also a 10,000km or 1 year guarantee. Its not a KTM or a BMW, but it only cost me 3,000 USD. Its all about value for money - Let me give you an example that comes mind - my computer is a mac powerbook pro 17" the most expensive computer I could buy at the time!! Fantastic build quality, I am very happy, it was about 2,000 USD. My girlfriend has a Dell Inspiron; cost about 500 USD. She does not expect hers to be of the same quality, but it does do what she wants it to do, has a guarantee and works well. If you can afford it, buy KTM or BMW, they are fantastic machines, but if you want good value for money you could buy Chinese!

8. #8 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Posting about your China moto with a 17" PowerBook... I like that

What kind of RPM's are you spinning at 100kph, does the bike feel pretty good at highways speeds?

Please keep posting more info and ride pictures, almost no info on this bike and many people are interested.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

9. #9 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Nice looking bike, chile. It looks like that it's well made. I especially like the looks of the welds that I can see. It also looks like the water hose routings were well thought out with nothing hanging out that could get caught while riding on the trail. We've seen those gauges before on our Qlink/Qingqi bikes but with a tech rather than the water temp. I see that there is some sort of adjustment on the bottom of the forks in the last picture. It has a C in the middle with a plus and minus. Just curious as to what that is.

10. #10 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I assume it is fork compression adjuster; on the top of the forks is the rebound adjuster. The manual has nothing to say about this! I guess that this is right because of the R - rebound (top) and C - compression (bottom). I will play around a bit with these in the coming weeks to see! Nice though as these features are usually found on higher end forks, so is quite a surprise to find fully adjustable front shocks on this bike, nice touch. The rear shock is also preload adjustable, which is a standard feature on most rear shocks, but not all. The hoses on the earlier versions of the bike were routed quite low, below the exhaust and would get snagged. They changed that thankfully. There is no tacho so couldn't tell you the rpms at 100k but was not too fast, felt it had quite a bit more. I am breaking it in at the moment so taking easy! Bike has 14T front and 54T rear which is more off-road oriented, for long distance cruising may be better to reduce the rear sprocket a few teeth and increase the front by a tooth. The Suzuki DRZ400 has 15T front and 41T rear stock. I think for cruising all day at lower rpm's changing the sprockets would be a good idea. I went for 100km drive this morning to break her in a bit. Took a few minutes to get warm - but once up and going was great, temp stayed in the center of the gauge the whole way, city traffic, highway etc. Plenty of pull at lights, easily beating the cars to get a clear stretch. also plenty of torqe in 6th from 80 - 100 so overtaking most traffic here was easy. got stopped by the local cops, the carabineros de chile, had all my documents and my U.K license so wasnt a problem!! ran into reserve, there is no fuel gauge!! will have to keep an eye on the mileage maybe occasional peeking at the tank to see how much fuel is in there!! Not major problems. I really like the bike, looks like it will be a lot of fun off the pavement as well, will have to have a look around Santiago for some dirt.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast