Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    still haven't taken the plastic film off the instruments yet!!

2. #12 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Wow, you look like you have some major adventures with your new bike coming up! It needs to get dirty. The roads look perfect for this bike, and the scenery, too. How far away from the earthquake were you? We just had a 7.2 here in my part of the US and a little south in northern Mexico, but nothing broke at my home

3. #13 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Much thanks Chilexy! Any impressions on the bike are welcome!

Also, as an FYI, Pitster Pro, the folks here in the US, claim to have a bunch of touring aftermarket accessories for it... including saddle and such. Haven't seen anything yet but could be worth keeping an eye on their offerings.

CC
    Yes, Carl, Pitster has claimed some offerings for their bike. The beauty of Pitster is that they now have official dealers in Mexico and Costa Rica, which is closer to Chilexy than Utah. Both countries' dealers show them offering the 400cc.

4. #14 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    found this on youtube which helps see the quality of the bikes finish. My xy400y-2 is exactly the same machine, but with the manufactures own decals. enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30XuMTBrWMM

5. #15 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Chilexy, that is the importer for Pitster Pro for Costa Rica. Pitster has their own manufacturer in China for most of their lineup (which consist mainly of high-quality pit bikes), but this one is most probably Xingyue related, if not OEM'd by them. Pitster Pro is headquartered in Utah, but have been slowly building up an international network, while, like I wrote, their bikes are manufactured by an OEM in China called SPX or something like that.

6. #16 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Chilexy, that is the importer for Pitster Pro for Costa Rica. Pitster has their own manufacturer in China for most of their lineup (which consist mainly of high-quality pit bikes), but this one is most probably Xingyue related, if not OEM'd by them. Pitster Pro is headquartered in Utah, but have been slowly building up an international network, while, like I wrote, their bikes are manufactured by an OEM in China called SPX or something like that.
    The Xingyue XY400Y-2 is identical to the LXT400. Just compare the pictures, its the same bike to the last detail! Most bike manufacturers in China will put your own branding/ decals. When you watch the youtube video have a look where the swingarm joins the frame on the gear shift side. You will see an XY there on the rear brake reservoir protecter. Hope this removes any doubt that pitster are just rebadging an XY400Y-2!! Whats good about buying from pitster, is you have their name behind the bike and access to parts. Other people are importing the bike into the US; crv sales http://www.crvsalesusa.com/?page_id=136 and holmes motors http://www.holmesmotors.com/model/Xingyue/XY400y-2 and in Canada there is xingyue canada http://www.xingyuecanada.com/bike-xy400y2.php not sure of their prices or support, but I am very sure its the same bike as pitsters LXT400!!

7. #17 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    Chilexy, there is a guy on chinariders who is interested in buying a 400 Xingyue, and found a wholesaler/ebayer out of Florida with 2 of the Xingyue bikes (not the dirt bike style, but the BMW-like one and the adventure-tourer one) for low cost:

http://www.hanissi.com/

and their ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND...item27b105605c

BTW, thanks for your links to the US dealers!

I figured that Pitster is rebranding the Xingyue and not having these bikes made especially for them by their own OEM. Having Pitster carry these does bring a sense of confidence that the quality is good, no matter who brands them.

8. #18 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Culcune - The only thing I would say is that the bike looks like a slightly different model. I can see the radiator hose is routed below the exhaust, on mine, and the street bikes I saw recently, the routing is different. Also Xingue now brands the bikes, and that model is called the Artery. Chinese manufactures can make a product to your price. Xingyue has a F.O.B Shanghai price of 1600- 1800 USD per item, Getting one made for less may mean a compromise in quality. There are many companies selling this bike, check out alibaba.com and type 400cc motorcycle - they assemble you a bike for less and brand it with your own label - I was happy that my bike came as a Xingyue, not as something else. As chinese companies try to get a good reputation internationally this is very important, we have to know who makes the bike. Remember many bikes are assembled in China with parts sourced from many places. So in a 1300 USD bike the engine and frame may come from Xingyue but all the other components; wheels, tyres, switchgear, lights etc from other, and maybe inferior manufactures, all to save costs. However given the low, low price of the bike I would say go for it!!

9. #19 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    I will be watching this company, for sure!! They remind me of a few years ago when the GY200's were the rage on ebay, and everyone slapped their own brand on them and sold them for about $1k. People got really good deals despite being the early GY200 Guinea pigs--I couldn't imagine these being any worse for the money...

BTW, how is your Yumbo? I believe these are/were(?) manufactured by Zongshen.

10. #20 Re: Xingyue XY400Y-2 
    C-Moto Noob
    If possible I'd like to see the rear shock and linkage arrangement . to determine how easy it would be to lower this bike ,for us with shorter legs to work with .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast