Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 hi, from chesterfield derbyshire, uk 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi all just bought myself a china moto for use to work and back and a bit of green laning.. it's a gy200 clone. Dajaing x-dirt200 pro '55 reg.
    so far i have stripped it to the frame and rebuilt it using proper bolts and plenty of loctite. (the bike only had 290miles on it!) but just as a pecaution. eh.
    The bike rides fine (having changed the 12 thooth fr sprocket for a 14 tooth), changed the crappy rear shock and rear brake m/cyl for a far more heavy duty honda cbr400rr one, headlamp bulb, and new yuasa battery. (it's cold in the uk!).
    Having done 250 miles+ on the beast im still quite happy with it with no real issues but could do with a bit more performance on tarmac use (always having honda street bikes this feels a little restricted).
    SDC11315.jpg
    SDC11316.jpg

any help, advice, info, tech info, parts info etc would be greatly appreciated.
    many thanks gary
    ps yes it is a 163fml engine
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: hi, from chesterfield derbyshire, uk 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear PNP,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pix of a nice looking bike. I never realized there were so many of these chinabikes in the UK, but we must have a dozen or more members here in MCM riding a variety of bikes much like yours. You also seem quite adept with a wrench, so I'm guessing you'll be a great asset to the forum -- and especially to your brethren there in ol' blighty.

Dajiang? That's a new one on me.

I'd tell you to have fun with this bike, but clearly you already are. Keep us in the loop about your adventures. What do you mean by greenlaning? Is that trail riding?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: hi, from chesterfield derbyshire, uk 
    Hi and welcome, we have someone else mentioned them recently but buggered if I can't remember where or find it! Chongqing Daijang is the company. So many of these brand names and versions (X-stream) of these bikes and similar models in the UK. Companies come and go - broke usually! But the bikes themselves get re-badged, sometimes improved a little and up they pop again. Good value little machines if you check them over as you have done. Probably no better or worse than any other c-moto for riding across the tops and down the lanes. We like pics of views and ride reports too please!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #4 Re: hi, from chesterfield derbyshire, uk 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi, now just covered neary 500 miles and now dropped the oil twice as "factory" oil is like dishwater so first change was to flush the crud out and second change is the 'real' change. the bike runs mint and has never missed a beat. the winter is quite a chilly one at the mo in the uk and after an 11 hour shift at work, came out to my cm covered in thick ice! hit the button and pow game on.. i can't ask for more doing 85+mpg and really reliable, plus fun. (green laning is finding a mucky trail and adventuring- hoping it does'nt lead to an angry farmer's house with a shot gun!)
    i have read lots of info about valve adjustment after run in period on these motors, has anyone done such adjustments and to what detriment... performance/cold start/ tick over... anyhow many thanks and keep dirty!

5. #5 Re: hi, from chesterfield derbyshire, uk 
    C-Moto Noob
    ps. forgot to ask, has anyone put a tricky exhuast on? maybe from a cr250f or yz250r? if so which and what? oh yes mine is a rhs exit. cheers gary