Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Uploading Attachments on MCM 
    Hey Fellas,

Sorry for the late input on this. There's only so much that can be done to customize the media manager (the upload manager) interface in the software. It's an old problem, as well as many others. I posted a question about this on the vb support forum many moons ago and it didn't get any meaningful response.

That said, it's really designed to only put up a photo or two and helps control the out-bound data traffic of the server. If you're looking to put up a whole buncha pictures it behooves everyone, including yourself, to have your own image gallery account. this way, you have complete control over the images, can share them as you like, and don't run the risk of having all your hard work vaporize in case of some crazy server or software problem on this end.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #12 Re: Uploading Attachments on MCM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Thanks CraZy Carl.. :)
    I've a fickr account and some of the fellas have given me advice on how to set it up to post multiple photos etc into a thread...
    with regards to vaporise... I know I'm not alone when I mention about losing work when the 2000 word limit is reached. When one tries to post upwards of the limit a popup advisory appears and if one clicks the cancel button to acknowledge, then all the work above the word limit is lost. I found this out the hard way after I tried posting an extra 400 words above the limit I didn't realise existed. For anyone else reading this, if this happens to you, just click the little window close "X" that appears in the right hand corner... then your work is still there so you can decide what you want to do with it, BEFORE it vaporises.

:)

3. #13 Re: Uploading Attachments on MCM 
    BikerD,

I've composed more than my fair share of lengthy posts on various bbs boards (ADVRider also uses VB) and lost hours of work. After a while I realized that I needed to be saving all this labor anyway so started composing on Word or some other dedicated text editor. One nice thing about VB is that you can actually drag and drop images into the story (from your image hosting site) once it's composed. Basically it's copy and paste text, then drag and drop the images.

I"ll look into the post word limit and if I can change it up a bit will make a note on the forum and upgrades section.

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #14 Re: Uploading Attachments on MCM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hey CC,

That's a good idea with the added bonus that using a word processing application one can check spelling. Quick question, if one uses MS Word to compose the content, is it also possible to drag & drop photos from a host site into the Word document and then copy [Ctrl+C] & paste [Ctrl+V] the entire content including the photos into the MCM post, or does one need to drag & drop the photos separately & directly into the MCM VB post?

Cheers
    BD

5. #15 Re: Uploading Attachments on MCM 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    If you are posting pix from a host site, all that appears in the post is the link, surrounded by the IMAGE brackets. This is why I prefer to draft my posts in MCM, then back them up with a text window (Mail or word processor), so that the MCM formatting is backed up. If you are actually uploading actual pix into an MCM window, rather than just pointing to links, I don't think the backup method works very well. Another good reason to use a host site (Flickr, SmugMug, whatever) for your pix.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12