Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    This would have been such an improvement in offering over what Shineray sends via importers to the US (as there is no official Shineray importer). However, as much as we were teased and waited with fingers crossed, we ended up with the Shuopu Science 250 via Pitster Pro, but it would be nice if the next wave of Chinese bikes here in the US consisted of this class of bike. We got the Qingqi to start the next wave, the Hensim 250 is available as a superior offering over the standard GY 200 s at around the same price if low price is what will attract you, but it would be nice to get Galaxy's offerings here and this Shineray. Time will tell...

2. #12 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    andre555,

Glad China V and I are both wrong and this Shineray 250 in Motard form can be registered! A few questions and requests.....

1. Does the bike have a CCC sticker somewhere on it?
    2. How much did you pay?
    3. Could you put thousands of abusive kms on the bike this bike over the summer and log the problems honestly so others (including me) can decide is this bike is right for us?! (looks as though you are doing this already...so thanks)

3. #13 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    andre555,

Glad China V and I are both wrong and this Shineray 250 in Motard form can be registered! A few questions and requests.....

1. Does the bike have a CCC sticker somewhere on it?
    2. How much did you pay?
    3. Could you put thousands of abusive kms on the bike this bike over the summer and log the problems honestly so others (including me) can decide is this bike is right for us?! (looks as though you are doing this already...so thanks)
    Hi ZMC888,

1. Yes the bike has a CCC not just a sticker but its on the ID plate together with all relevant numbers.

The details about the CCC I posted here -->
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ughts.../page5 .

Here are pics of the CCC english and chinese.

Here is the engine type 170MM:

Not sure what this label is for, its only normal paper, probably some more details to ID the engine in
    warranty case. Anyway but took a pic for the archive as the paper thing will be gone after the first
    rain or wash.

2. The price was listprice, no negotiaten - 16.800 for Supermoto, Enduro is 15.800 less, Track
    version no lights, no registration is 14.800RMB all prices incl. Tax & FaPiao.
    They have now more bikes in the shop and priced them 1.000 higher, so new "Shopprice" is
    17.800 RMB, just to give them room for negotiations as everybody wants to make a good deal
    and bargain them 1000 down makes you feel soo good. Guess the factory is trying to
    keep the prices up for these bikes as there is not much comparable in the market anyhow.

3. Will keep you guys posted, getting more people into it makes it easier with parts, maintenance,
    tips & tricks and so on, so its in my interest as well...
    Last edited by andre555; 05-10-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: still working out this picture thing :-)

4. #14 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Andre, I saw you have changed super moto tyres and wheels on your bike. I haven't ever tried that kind of configuration but I have been very curious how is it. What fascinates me is the increased tarmac performance but what turns me off is decreased dirt and off-road performance. But since most of the time I will be spending time in Tarmac anyway, I wonder would it be worth it. It has not become a popular choise to use super moto tires, maybe because bikers are conservative? This makes me puzzled, would need to try them myself but I don't want to spend money in them in vain if they would be disappointing after initial woo! factor enthusiasm wears off.
    SAME SAME - several reasons
    1. I like the high riding position of the Supermoto to keep the overview, which is quiete a advantage in Chinese traffic!
    2. Like the option to get me 2nd set of wheels for the dirt if I get ambitious, but right now I'm 95% on road.
    3. These Chinese roads here are sometimes very rough so the setup of a Enduro with excellent springs/shockabsorbers is very nice. Speedbumbs? Just cruise over them, the bike eats them up like the road is a flat autobahn.
    4. The dry sand/gravel trail can still be done, maybe not soo speedy, more relaxed.
    5. The seathight of the bike is around 30mm less with the Supermoto setup, due to the smaller diameter of the rims/tires easier to handle in the town, but still towering high compared to farmer Wang's Wuliang Honda 125
    Last edited by andre555; 05-10-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: dyslexia

5. #15 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    Sweet looking bike Andre! You chose the best color and with a luggage rack, you're ready to head for the mountains!

If they can make this old AX-1/NX250 engine work out well I think it had a chance to be the strongest of all C-Motos.

Wonder if putting an old AX-1 carb on there would work?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #16 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    Nice bike, Andre. I have a question about the headlight bulb. I have the same set up on my Qlink now and it came with a 35w bulb. I know that the wiring will handle a 65w but not sure about the lens as it's plastic. Do you know what watt yours came with?

7. #17 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    SAME SAME - several reasons
    1. I like the high riding position of the Supermoto to keep the overview, which is quiete a advantage in Chinese traffic!
    2. Like the option to get me 2nd set of wheels for the dirt if I get ambitious, but right now I'm 95% on road.
    3. These Chinese roads here are sometimes very rough so the setup of a Enduro with excellent springs/shockabsorbers is very nice. Speedbumbs? Just cruise over them, the bike eats them up like the road is a flat autobahn.
    4. The dry sand/gravel trail can still be done, maybe not soo speedy, more relaxed.
    5. The seathight of the bike is around 30mm less with the Supermoto setup, due to the smaller diameter of the rims/tires easier to handle in the town, but still towering high compared to farmer Wang's Wuliang Honda 125
    Ah, glad I got this problem solved after putting some serious thinking on it. For me SM tyres are no no because streets are not for racing, but when I go off-road race on can be applied at wish, and there I rather use the better tyres. Street enduro tyres are good enough for tarmac and better for bad conditions than SM tyres, and street enduro tyres are also cheaper, and you can anytime put some serious knobbies on them.

8. #18 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Nice bike, Andre. I have a question about the headlight bulb. I have the same set up on my Qlink now and it came with a 35w bulb. I know that the wiring will handle a 65w but not sure about the lens as it's plastic. Do you know what watt yours came with?
    Hi David, according to the documentation its 35W as well. I didnt took it apart these days, will check if I take it off next time.

9. #19 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Okay time for an update: ITS FUN and I start to prefer it over the car to make my small runs in town...

Its leagal now: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1892

I was at the shop again, mind you there are two shops in the street, one caters to the normal Shineray Bikes, one dedicated only to the 200cc and bigger - the Toys Shop.
    Changed oil, adjusted some things, fixed the leakage at the cooling liquid reservoir, some cable rerouting...

The rear brake lever can not be adjusted, so I need to find a replacement part.
    The handlebar is fine for on the road riding, but If I (1.98cm) stand on the pegs on a bad road its too low. Need to replace the handlebar or use some risers, maybe both... I learned from ChinaV that the parts from Galaxy will fit here as well.

10. #20 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Just found that Shineray updated their homepage. they added a service section with Parts Lists, Part Numbers, Explosive Diagramms...so far not for the XY250GY-2 - but looks promissing
    http://www.shineray-atv.com/service_2.asp

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast