Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Qingqi QM125L-4B engine problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi

i have a qingqi qm125l and have a problem with the engion or electrics, when i have driven for about 2 km the ref counter starts to go into the red, even if the engion is only runing at about 2000 rpm. and then when i wont to accelerat the engins semms to stale itselfe, if i change gear it can accelerat a bit, but i think the engin is not refing above 5000 rpm, but i cant tell. when i the have to stop the engin is going out. and it takes some time to get it started.

i think this could be a problem with the CDI unit or the coil, or something electric, but i don't know. any help would be nice,

my other question is, where could i get spare parts in briton for this bike, or can i just use the same parts as for the jinlun 125?

thanks martin

2. #2 Re: Qingqi QM125L-4B engine problems 
    Quote Originally Posted by schotte View Post
    hi

i have a qingqi qm125l and have a problem with the engion or electrics, when i have driven for about 2 km the ref counter starts to go into the red, even if the engion is only runing at about 2000 rpm. and then when i wont to accelerat the engins semms to stale itselfe, if i change gear it can accelerat a bit, but i think the engin is not refing above 5000 rpm, but i cant tell. when i the have to stop the engin is going out. and it takes some time to get it started.
    XF125L-4B (Pioneer Nevada) is the blood brother of ur bike.

i think this could be a problem with the CDI unit or the coil, or something electric, but i don't know. any help would be nice

my other question is, where could i get spare parts in briton for this bike, or can i just use the same parts as for the jinlun 125?

thanks martin
    XF125L-4B (Pioneer Nevada) is the blood brother of ur bike. Join the owner's club & get the ideas from there.

3. #3 Re: Qingqi QM125L-4B engine problems 
    GY200 rider
    Hi schotte,
    You may have an air leak around the carb. It sounds like a problem in that area. Take off the inlet manfold and make sure the gasket is in good condition then bolt everything up nice and secure. If the problem persists then check the carb itself ie throttle slider opens/closes smoothly.
    Let me know how you get on.
    Fenouilledes.

4. #4 Re: Qingqi QM125L-4B engine problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by fenouilledes View Post
    Hi schotte,
    You may have an air leak around the carb. It sounds like a problem in that area. Take off the inlet manfold and make sure the gasket is in good condition then bolt everything up nice and secure. If the problem persists then check the carb itself ie throttle slider opens/closes smoothly.
    Let me know how you get on.
    Fenouilledes.

hi,

i managed to get it working again, it was sth with the electrics, when i took the box underneth the seat out, it was working fine again (for a week) then it would not start at all. so i finally managed to give it to a mechanick and he managed to get it working again, the problems were bad conections in the wiering.

no on the other hand i have the problem, that it takes me about 5 to 10 minits to get it started when the engin is cold with both the electric start and the kick start at the same time!!! any idears? maybe a bad battery? or sth else?

thanks martin

5. #5 Re: Qingqi QM125L-4B engine problems 
    GY200 rider
    You could still have a bad connection somewhere. I would take it back to your mechanic, especially if he is familiar with your bike. If he cannot help you out drop me an email and we will continue with this offline.