Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: New Konker KSM200 Owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Part #1 
    Jape,

To be honest with you, this is my first Dirt/Supermoto Bike. My first bike was a 1986 Suzuki GS550EF. bikepics-337384-20.jpg My second bike was a 2006 Kawasaki ZZR600(nee 1998 to 2001 Kawasaki ZX6R). bikepics-687992-20.jpg My last bike was a 2006 Kawasaki Z750S. IMGP1218..jpg I did a solo run from Calgary, Alberta to San Jose, California 2 years ago on this bike. I logged a total of almost 6500 kms. I was averaging about 10 hours total seat time per day. It took me a total of 10 days there and back. I left Calgary in the first week of May. I took all the back roads from Calgary to Idaho, Spokane then down to the Oregon Coast and then back to Washington and then down the PAcific Coast Highway. I gotta tell you, crossing the Redwood Highway was a surreal experience. Cant wait to try out the new beast. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon. Forecast is calling for 20 cm of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, yikes!

2. #12 Re: New Konker KSM200 Owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Part #1 
    Nice bike history that.
    Blimey 6500 divided by 10x10 that averages 65kph which is amazing, you must have enjoyed that cruise! I've never done more than a couple of hundred miles at a time London to wales and back and that would leave me half dead, with numb arms and arse! And often a broken machine. Did 100 miles with a hole the size of a 10 cents in the top of a single pot 250cc once so they were quite solid! Bikes thirty years ago just weren't as sophisticated then in the small things that make up modern ergonomics. And if we did mods (other than racing enthusiasts) they were usually for looks rather than comfort. Like drop bars that stuffed your back in five minutes but made you look like you were going faster!
    I have a stuffed back but before I finally get the motorised wheelchair out or turn up me toes I am hoping to drive and ride around Australia.
    Enjoy it mate.

3. #13 Re: New Konker KSM200 Owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Part #1 
    Nice looking mods on your bike, flip. I especially like the bar. I have the Qlink version of your bike and wish it had some of the elements of the Konker. The headlight on the Konker is sturdier and has far more adjustability then the one on the Qlink. Our sumo style have the crappy strap on ones. We get the LED tailight, though.

Carl has gotten the rack that fits thses bikes and may still have one if you are interested.

4. #14 Re: New Konker KSM200 Owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Part #1 
    davis3921,

I was thinking of swapping the headlight to an aftermarket one but the aftermarket ones use straps only. I'm going to stick with the original headlight. Although your headlight style looks cool. I wish mine came with LED Tail lights. I was going to install a UFO universal Tail light/Turn Signal assembly but a friend of mine already has the same tail light. I'm leaving the rest of the bike stock. My next mods would be re-jetting the carb and will try to get a hold of a P & P Slip on Pipe and possibly a Kamikaze Pro CDI box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12