Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    The trigger has been pulled. The contract is signed and on the way to Jialing and the money was also wired this morning. Ordered a blue Euro model with all the options. Supposed to be here in 45 days or so. I am very happy to have found this web site to get so much information on the bike in advance. Saved me a ton of research time. Should be an interesting adventure. I am hoping I can enjoy the bike as much as some or you that already have them seem to enjoy yours. I know it is no 1200GSA but it did not cost US$40K either! Until it arrives, the cj750 is actually behaving itself and running pretty well and I am going to the USA for a few days of riding the Big Bend in May on the 1200GSA so I will still have some saddle time till the JH600 gets here.

He who dies with the most toys...Wins!
    DT

2. #2 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Hey Aggie,

Congratulations! I look forward to riding together in the near future. I'll be out riding almost full time once mine is ready. In my case, I'll be picking it up in Chongqing in early May, doing my break-in riding in that area, then having them crate it and ship to me in Shanghai.

So you went for the Mighty Tiger version (威虎版) -- with top and side boxes, engine cage, aluminum rims, 12v outlets on the dash and deluxe paint. You'll be the prettiest biker in Nanjing!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Congrats also from me, DT and welcome to the club.

Great thanks goes also to Carl for running this site I met already a lot of nice and interesting people here, within a short time, sharing our passion. Wish I could spend a lot more time to go out meeting and riding with friends. Never give up planning.

Ride safe, AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

4. #4 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    I know I am the worst lurker but so I thought I would finally put up some more information on my JH600

Finally got the bike with most of my farkles installed after 2 years.

1. Started with the Wilbers rear suspension with remote adjustment- sourced thru Franki and Pfaelzer-works great with my fat ass
    2. Added Wilbers progressive front fork springs - sourced again thru Franki and Pfaelzer - works great with my fat ass
    3. Scored a beta sample engine skid plate from Pfaelzer. The tool box will not work due to tire hitting it but remove the tool box and the skid plate works great and looks good.
    4. Added 2" Rox risers for the handlebars, work great for me. Reminder to check your bike bars. Mine are the protaper style with 29mm clamp area where I think most of the JH600 bars are 22mm. I got the Euro model JH600 and this along with the fork gators and gun metal grey frame color are added to the package.
    5. Added a Ram setup for my GPS. So far, so good.
    6. Added AirHawk seat cushion, makes the fat ass happy!

No luck posting picture for some reason?
    7. Bought and already using the battery tender thanks to TBRacing sourcing it for me! I cannot use it in the common garage of the building but it only takes a few minutes to remove the battery and keep it in the house on the charger.

I have a new exhaust can and pipe not yet installed and not sure when I will get around to it. I also have a set of

I have a new exhaust can
    Attached Images
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

5. #5 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    Well, guess it worked after all.IMG-20120911-00232.jpg
    Attached Images
    DT

6. #6 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    kewl... where did you grab the airhawk seat cushion? I'd like to get myself a couple of those... and couldn't find on Taobao when I last checked, well not in English that is...

7. #7 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    4. Added 2" Rox risers for the handlebars, work great for me. Reminder to check your bike bars. Mine are the protaper style with 29mm clamp area where I think most of the JH600 bars are 22mm. I got the Euro model JH600 and this along with the fork gators and gun metal grey frame color are added to the package.
    I think all the newer JH600's have the 29mm, mine and probably Euphonius' bike has the 22mm.

Anyway, where did you source those bar risers? And how do they work out with the original cables (throttle, brake, etc.)?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

8. #8 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    I brought the Rox risers, Air Hawk, and the Ram system back from the USA in a suitcase as I could never find them here either. The 2" risers worked with no problem for me regarding cable length. It was close but worked out fine after I carefully adjusted the front brake hose. Picture above shows the hose now pointing down rather than horizontal. Just had to be careful not to get any air into the system.

I am still trying to find some good hand brush guards to go on. The set I have sourced as others here have did not work on the protaper style handlebars for me. This will be next farkle for me.
    DT

9. #9 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    Going to the USA for four weeks starting tomorrow but I just came home and found I had received these. I now have a project to enjoy upon my return!

IMG-20130503-00406.jpgIMG-20130503-00412.jpg

Sorry for the camera photo poor quality but I am pretty happy with these. RMB1000 delivered.
    DT

10. #10 Re: The first JH600 in Nanjing 
    C-Moto Guru
    Are those the BJG panniers mentioned in the JH150 thread? I'm most likely getting one of the BJG top boxes soon. Not sure about the size yet, 40, 50 or 60 L. 60 will probably look like a small fridge on the back of the bike!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast