Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A little bit of Taipei 
    Ok, I have a bazillion things going on and almost no time for a proper report, but it just wouldn't be fair to not share a few pics and words from the Taiwan motorcycle show.

First, let me point out that I would also have some pics from the motorcycle exhibition at the Canton fair in Guangzhou, but those dumb asses pretty much destroyed any hope of me ever entering a 50 mile radius of that shit storm ever again. Arrive in Guangzhou 8:30 AM, drive round and round for over an hour while trying to park my car, eventually find parking only two kilometer walk to the fair, stand in line for two hours (yes I did pre-register) finally get told that it will be another hour or two before getting in. Lose hope, walk back to car, get stuck in traffic on the Guangzhou/Shenzhen highway for 3 hours and arrive back home around 4:00. Seven hours, and a bunch of tolls and gas down the drain. But hey... I understand... it's only the 50th time you've had the effin Canton fair and you're still figuring out how to do it... right. ... END OF CHINA RANT.

OK, so back to the Taipei thing, which I was already feeling much better about as soon as I entered the airport in Shenzhen. The whole plane was full of Taiwanese and there was a strange sense of tranquility and order as we boarded and departed. After arriving in Taipei, I spent some time wandering around and enjoying the city. It was nice to be in a civilized place again with people that weren't honking their horns or out to screw each other at every turn. Taipei was the first city I called home in Asia more than ten years ago, sometimes I wish I never left.

So today I went over to the Taipei world trade center, spent three minutes registering and walked in to the show. It's late now, I will try to share some more tomorrow. I think they have some motorcycle parts, but it was hard for me to stay focused.

More later.....

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #2 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Hi ChinaV,

I clearly envy you for having such a great time in Taiwan after having gone through the almost exact same ordeal myself as you did at the Canton Fair. I was standing - not in line, rather in a masses-close-body-contact crowd - for 1.5 hours and hardly advanced to get a pass. I gave up then too, got in a traffic jam shortly after leaving due to a stupid truck accident. Waisted more than half a day. Disgusting - somebody mentioned to me on the phone about that.

Can't wait to see more pictures (like that ) form the show in Taiwan. It's ok if you post also some motorcycle or part pictures in between.

Have fun there...
    AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

3. #3 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    What's the old saying AW.... misery loves company.... or something like that. It's nice to see that a rebound in the global economy brought lots of people to Guangzhou, but I really wish one of us could have got in to take some photo's. Oh well... on with the TW show.

It only takes about an hour or two to cover the whole pavilion in Taiwan. Whatever it lacks in size, seems to be compensated with high quality goodies being sold by knowledgable people with a genuine interest in the sport. Taiwan loves CNC machines and there are thousands of trick little aluminum parts to drool over.

Some nice adjustable levers with a vertical pivot to avoid breaking in a tip over.

Beautiful titanium fasteners. I would love to replace everything on my Galaxy and QingQi with those.

Faceshield with an electric wiper, it also has little colored LED's for some extra bling.

Not just a GPS tracker, this device also records your lean angles, acceleration and deceleration so you can evaluate all aspects of your ride after you return home. No more arguing about who rode the hardest, the proof is in the data.

Another "not just a GPS", this unit is fully weatherproof with touch screen and also gives you real time tire pressure from sensors on you wheels.

So that's the "farkle report from the show, tomorrow I will cover a few bikes, ATV's and scooters I saw along with the rest of the girlie pics.... OK one girlie pick for today.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #4 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    Well alright!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    farkelicious!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    More, more, more,...

AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

7. #7 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    Very few of the big brands were displaying bikes this year, it seams the show has turned more towards parts and accessories rather than actual bike sales. I grabbed a few pics of things that caught my eye, a little something for everybody.

I will wrap this up tomorrow, I know you're all waiting for the other goods that were on display One last pic to keep ya coming back.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #8 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    Ok, so the moment...er post you've all been waiting for... the showgirls

Just to give you an idea of how hard I had to work....take a look at the crowd.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: boo boo

9. #9 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I suspect the giant smile may be connected to the fact we can't see one of his hands...

10. #10 Re: A little bit of Taipei 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    I suspect the giant smile may be connected to the fact we can't see one of his hands...

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast