Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New Konker KSM200 Owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Part #2 
    I though I'd share my impressions on my first ride with the new Konker KSM200. So after finishing all my Sunday chores, I decided to take the Konker out for it's maiden voyage. Checked the Weather Network and the temp was 17C. So I thought nice weather to be riding. As I headed out, sun was shining and all. I fired up the bike and she started right up without using the good ol' fashion choke. I went to the usual pace, not bagging the bike but not nursing it either. Everything was going well until I came up to about a 4 Km stretch on a bridge and just above a dark gloomy cloud was ever present. Thinking that it was just that, I forged on. With just my luck, that 4 Km stretch was raining. Before I headed out, I took out the insulated liner off my ballistic jacket but left the rain liner for some wind protection. Good thing I left the rain liner on as I had no other choice but to go ahead through the rain. My jeans go wet as I went through. As soon as I cleared the 4 km stretch, sun was shining again. So I thought I'd keep on going so I can at least use the wind to dry my jeans and boots. No sooner after that, I hit another patch where it was raining. No other choice but tho go through it again. After I crossed the second patch, all was clear and sun was shining with all it's might. I'm thinking to myself, man I should have worn my waterproof riding pants and boots. But no matter, I figured even though I was soaked, it will not dampen my first ride. The ride was a blast. Although I'm not sure if my speedo was accurate as I felt that even though I was going the speed limit, cars were still passing me. This bike is so much fun, going through all the gears and all. I felt like it may have been a bit slow compared to my 2006 Kawasaki Z750S but in my opinion, this bike was way more funner going from 1st to 5th. I may have to double check my idle as the bike stalled a couple of times when I came to a stop. I logged a total of 66 Kms today thanks to good ol' mother nature. I may have gone longer but you know how it is, it's not fun riding on wet pants and boots. Maybe next time I'll pay more attention to visual checking the temperature rather than relying on what's on TV. More to come!

2. #2 Re: New Konker KSM200 Owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Part #2 
    Nice to hear a ride report from north of the border Flip. You can check your idle and that may help a bit with the stalling. The speedo's on the dual-sport versions of these bike was dead on accurate at speed but a little off down low. Not sure about the motard version though... either way a cheap-ola sigma cycling computer or a GPS will let you know the real score.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: New Konker KSM200 Owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Part #2 
    Ride Report Part #3. Well, went for a ride today. Weather was about 10 Degrees. It was nice and sunny. I got the bike to 120 kms today throttle pinned to the max. Rode about 40 kms in total and suddenly it started snowing so I had to rush home to avoid the snow storm. Sucks, may have to go out next time when it's nice out.