Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Ni hao from Zhoushan! 
    Quote Originally Posted by cj_zhoushan View Post
    What's so crazy about driving a scooter? Believe me or not, but they are very reliable, at least the Japanese ones I had. The last one was a suzuki that was manufactured in 1998 and who knows how many miles it did in Japan, but i did more than 10k during 1,5 years in Ukraine on it and the only things that sometimes had to be changed were belt, weights and spark plugs. And our roads are in really poor condition.
    lol, just a light-hearted comment - its a long story, goes back to the wars between Mods and Rockers in UK in 60's! And trying to lean a scooter fast round a bend once and catching the running board and flying in three somersaults into the bushes many years ago! I secretly wanted a scooter because in those days they were then all blinged up with chrome and lots of extra mirrors and flags.

2. #12 Re: Ni hao from Zhoushan! 
    Wow! Thanks a lot. That's really useful! Category D is for a trike and E is for a two-wheeled motorcycle right? I also got news that I can take the test here in Zhoushan (English or Russian) without going anywhere else but I'll need to find a motorcycle driving school first. What is the average price for that?

What's so crazy about driving a scooter? Believe me or not, but they are very reliable, at least the Japanese ones I had. The last one was a suzuki that was manufactured in 1998 and who knows how many miles it did in Japan, but i did more than 10k during 1,5 years in Ukraine on it and the only things that sometimes had to be changed were belt, weights and spark plugs. And our roads are in really poor condition.
    ur Ukraine license can converted to a chinese one in Zhoushan( Prefecture-level since 1987 which had it's own 浙L plate & area code)
    Last edited by humanbeing; 04-21-2010 at 10:46 PM.

3. #13 Re: Ni hao from Zhoushan! 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    ur Ukraine license can converted to a chinese one in Zhoushan...
    My license is only valid for cars. Anyway, I had my first lesson at a driving school just 30 minutes ago. Well, it wasn't actually a lesson, they don't speak English, so they gave me a bike and showed what to do with it and left, so I was doing all the stuff needed for exam on my own.
    I'm really excited now, it was my first ride on a motorcycle. Yeah!

4. #14 Re: Ni hao from Zhoushan! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    My license is only valid for cars. Anyway, I had my first lesson at a driving school just 30 minutes ago. Well, it wasn't actually a lesson, they don't speak English, so they gave me a bike and showed what to do with it and left, so I was doing all the stuff needed for exam on my own.
    I'm really excited now, it was my first ride on a motorcycle. Yeah!
    HAHAHA, typical. But at least they helped you out and lent you a bike. Sounds like you'll do fine. If you have the time, and the inclination, then think about coming over to the 'mainland' for a day or two one weekend, and I'll help you out. We can spend some time riding my JinJing Startrek 125cc scooter around, its got a centrifugal clutch (automatic), but it will allow you to get a feel for riding, balancing, stopping starting etc. That's half the battle. There's plenty of wide space here too so you'll be able to ride without fear of hitting something or someone. Just let me know if you want to take me up on the offer, and we can work out the details. Lots of cheap to expensive hotels really close by and some foreign friendly eateries etc.
    Just an idea...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12