Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    Today I suceeded in starting my Pulse Adrenaline,after six months of silence, me taking it apart for the fun of it, I pressed the start and the thing fired and ran straight away, sweet. A pal came over on his Yamaha Thundercat to see, and remarked on how smooth the engine ran and revved as it sat there in a cloud of smoke cooking the exhaust paint. Everything works as it should except the indicators stuffed up, that fault traced to the flasher unit, the power transistor had exploded, not surprising really, as it was full of water. At the weekend, I took some pics of it as it was,some of which are below ;

thing nearly ns..jpgthing front..jpgthing nearly osf&#4.jpgthung nearly rea&#11.jpg

Still a fair few things to do, little bits and pieces, also fit the chain, but now it has been proved by starting, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also I have to work out how to fit a rear rack from a 1991 DR650 RSE, the mounting points are the same dimensions as the Pulse, but it is going to need some thought and perhaps a bit of cutting and welding ( fusion welding with a blow torch), but I want it on there, it's massive.
    Attached Images
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

2. #2 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    I know this is a very old post, but no one acknowledged it! Beautiful bike sprocket, you should be proud, inspiring me to get mine sorted! How does she look now? Scott.

3. #3 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    True enough. Curious though... are the rear side panels missing on purpose or were they just not installed at the time photos were taken?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    Either way i think it looks mean! i tried it on mine as mine is off the roaad atm, and it looks good, mine is too messy, sprocket has a clean example! But i imagine even tidy, the side with the batt on wouldnt be as nice, still sweet though!

5. #5 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Yes, Sprocket's good with a camera. These shots look professional.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    Thank You all, and my apologies for not being around for a while, for I was doing other things, college namely, exams and stuff. Anyway, the bike, well it is still not on the road, why, because I cant afford to put it there, I have run out of money for now, so it will have to wait.

But despite it not being useful as transport, I am still tinkering with things on it, my recent activity being the construction of aluminium side panels for those gaps in the frame where the electrics are behind the air box. Measuring was interesting and forming the shapes, not an exact science, but I am pleased with the result, it serves the purpose I made them for, four plates in 3mm aircraft grade aluminium in total, two of which have been perforated to allow the free flow of air and let high pitched sound out, for behind those plates is my alarm system.

Me being kind of belt and braces in what I do, it occurred to me no point having a sophisticated and expensive alarm system to protect the bike if all one had to do was reach under a side panel and pull the alarm out, as anyone who knows those bikes will also know behind the air box is the only place an alarm could be fitted, for me it was too vunerable, so I made side plates and fitted them.

So what have I to do to finish, well adjust the throttle cable, fit handguards, fit rear rack and replace the tyres with something more suitable to the weather that is coming, for I have heard too much about the tyres that are fitted, too many people I have known with these machines have come off in the wet, the report being the tyres are unpredictable and scary.

The bike as it is now ;

thingfin4.jpgthingfin2.jpgthingfin1.jpgthingfin5.jpg

Oh yeah, I have also made a stainless steel bracket thingy for keeping the speedometer drive cable off the front tyre, but these photos were taken before I had fitted it and the frame fill in panels.

Next plan is home anodising, reanodise the spare forks and renthal bar I have to a nice red to match the rear spring, then fit my other wheelset which is totally black, not a mix of black and gold as those in the pictures.

Home anodising is a venture I will undertake for the customising of my poorer two wheeled transportation, that which I am stuck with now, a 1993 Saracen mountain bike also known as a retrobike. When I do the anodising on the mtb, I will also do the stuff for the Pulse, as the colour I need to dye, is red for both.

7. #7 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    Thank You all, and my apologies for not being around for a while, for I was doing other things, college namely, exams and stuff. Anyway, the bike, well it is still not on the road, why, because I cant afford to put it there, I have run out of money for now, so it will have to wait.

But despite it not being useful as transport, I am still tinkering with things on it, my recent activity being the construction of aluminium side panels for those gaps in the frame where the electrics are behind the air box. Measuring was interesting and forming the shapes, not an exact science, but I am pleased with the result, it serves the purpose I made them for, four plates in 3mm aircraft grade aluminium in total, two of which have been perforated to allow the free flow of air and let high pitched sound out, for behind those plates is my alarm system.

Me being kind of belt and braces in what I do, it occurred to me no point having a sophisticated and expensive alarm system to protect the bike if all one had to do was reach under a side panel and pull the alarm out, as anyone who knows those bikes will also know behind the air box is the only place an alarm could be fitted, for me it was too vunerable, so I made side plates and fitted them.

So what have I to do to finish, well adjust the throttle cable, fit handguards, fit rear rack and replace the tyres with something more suitable to the weather that is coming, for I have heard too much about the tyres that are fitted, too many people I have known with these machines have come off in the wet, the report being the tyres are unpredictable and scary.

The bike as it is now ;

thingfin4.jpgthingfin2.jpgthingfin1.jpgthingfin5.jpg

8. #8 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    Wow VERY nice job with those side panels! That's a very slick looking qingqi, continue with the mods and beautiful photography and you may have the first ever china bike to be featured on BikeExif!

9. #9 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    That is fantastic! I am thinking of doing mine white, started already actually! but this makes me want to keep it matt black, because yours is soooooooo sweet, i know the feeling of not being able to get it on the road, i have my dads old 23yo raleigh bike as my only transport! Stick in there, youll get it, this truly is a show standard bike! and if not, you have some magic photograpy skils haha!
    Last edited by Turner boy; 10-17-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: .....

10. #10 Re: Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Wow VERY nice job with those side panels! That's a very slick looking qingqi, continue with the mods and beautiful photography and you may have the first ever china bike to be featured on BikeExif!
    Felix, thanks for pointing out that BikeExif site. Wow. Some nice rolling stock in there! Great idea for a site.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast