Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Nearly Done; Pulse Adrenaline 
    Today I suceeded in starting my Pulse Adrenaline,after six months of silence, me taking it apart for the fun of it, I pressed the start and the thing fired and ran straight away, sweet. A pal came over on his Yamaha Thundercat to see, and remarked on how smooth the engine ran and revved as it sat there in a cloud of smoke cooking the exhaust paint. Everything works as it should except the indicators stuffed up, that fault traced to the flasher unit, the power transistor had exploded, not surprising really, as it was full of water. At the weekend, I took some pics of it as it was,some of which are below ;

thing nearly ns..jpgthing front..jpgthing nearly osf&#4.jpgthung nearly rea&#11.jpg

Still a fair few things to do, little bits and pieces, also fit the chain, but now it has been proved by starting, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also I have to work out how to fit a rear rack from a 1991 DR650 RSE, the mounting points are the same dimensions as the Pulse, but it is going to need some thought and perhaps a bit of cutting and welding ( fusion welding with a blow torch), but I want it on there, it's massive.
    Attached Images
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine