Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: hi everybody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 hi everybody 
    hi everybody out there!
    I'm Erdem from Samsun/TURKEY.
    First of all I really don't ride a "Chinese Bike" I ride a bike o'mine that really makes me ride through the wind to the countryside where there's no city crowds and rushing people around.
    I reaaly have a ENDURO MOTORCYCLE just called SkyGo sg200 gy2 (originally a Lifan) and it makes me ride to anywhere I want.
    I'm a teacher and teach English Language as a foreign language.
    I'm a musician at the same time, I play the guitar and sing in the band called " Frekans". We make heavy-rock music.
    favourites are Kiss, Ac/Dc, Iron Maiden, Savatage..... the list goes from classical rock to metal...
    and this is me and my bike.

I'm planning to buy one of Lifan's brand new gy6 or gy7 (because they have a larger tank of 12lt and new)
    see you next time.
    Last edited by eroxdoza; 05-12-2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: pic does not appear

Welcome to site. It's nice to have some one here from Turkey. I'd love to see some pictures of where you ride.

Mike

Welcome to the site :)

Erox man! You look boss in that picture! Glad to hear you're into the english teaching and rock and roll. Teaching is a great job but too bad it doesn't usually pay to much. It does, however give nice loong holidays suitable for great road trips.

Where are some of the hot riding areas in Turkey? I know so little about the country and the motorcycle riding there that I'd love to know more!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 thanks Carl 
    I really thank you for your kind compliments. Yes, we are paid really low but have a good deal of holidays every year ( also in the year of education ).
    about riding ... ohh no I have to confess; I'm a real henpecked husband, most of the time I look after my three years old baby "Batuhan" ,my son. But I don't really complain about the situation :)) sure he'll be a keen rider in the near future.
    well, Samsun ( the city I live ) is in the North of Turkey, at the Black Sea coast, so, of course, green and mountainous. Turkey is a pretty highland.

Samsun is surrounded with the two longest rivers of the country "River Kızılırmak ( Red River)" and " River Yeşilırmak( Green River)"
    a nice shot from "Kızılırmak" in the West of Samsun.

not too much but we have some historical places around. one of them is the ancient Kings' Thombs of Paflagonya civilisation (about 3000 years old)

and this me again at the top of the ancient Paflagonya Castle ruins.

Am I the king?

another view from the castle.

this my riding companion Arsel,he rides a SYM Joyride 200.we always ride together.He says " riding without you (he means me not the bike :)) is just commuting".he's a good photographer and composer, as well.we are lucky to be neighbours in the apartment building.

riding on the green green grass is big fun.

Arsel and me again.
    these pics from "mount Mahmur" one of the surrounding mounts of our city.

another good fella, Serhan. he somethimes joins us.

on the way back home clouds welcome us.

me on the rock....no no just one of Arsel's jokes,only a composition.why I'm lying on that rock??

of course Arsel again,he hates me

my first day with my bike,I remember, I was happy as a child.

my son Batuhan rides any kind of bikes, and so does Arsel.

and and and.....
    now it's Summer and riding season.
    I'll post my new rides as soon as possible.
    see you all next time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Erox man! You look boss in that picture! Glad to hear you're into the english teaching and rock and roll. Teaching is a great job but too bad it doesn't usually pay to much. It does, however give nice loong holidays suitable for great road trips.

Where are some of the hot riding areas in Turkey? I know so little about the country and the motorcycle riding there that I'd love to know more!

CC
    everywhere in Turkey is hot for riding.
    in the north, green mountains and nice villages, high plateaus, rainy days...
    Turkey is a green land and it has a warm climate.
    in the south, touristic resorts and many historical places, hot hot shiny days...
    west is also touristic and quiet hot.
    east, highlands, underdeveloped but pure, colder somethimes Siberian cold.
    central Anatolia (name of the big peninsula where Turkey is located ) is usually covered with large steppes long long roads.

I know this is not enough to tell a country like Turkey but I'm sure one day you'll pay a visit here and be sure I'll be happy to host you with the famous and traditional Turkish hospitality.
    why I'm so sure you will come? my next posts will show you why.

Thos are some really great pics. It looks like you have some great places to ride there.
    Enjoy the summer. We'll be waiting for the rest of your posts. Turkey is one of those countries that I am intrigued by. I'll be waiting for your future posts.

Mike

Thanks for posting the pictures, very cool.

That looks like some great riding! I've heard Turkey is a beautiful country and have lots of relatives who have been there but I've never been. Maybe I should put it on my short list.

Are all of your buddies bikes Chinese motos as well? Serhan's scooter looks like a Chinese moto but not sure about Arsel's SYM.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

That's right, Serhan's is made in China. It's name here Monero Angel 150.
    Arsel's SYM is Taiwanese, quite more expensive than ours and better in quality.a water cooled 174cc engine gives Sym an enjoyful ride and use.

here in Turkey most bikers' prefer Japanese ones, mostly Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki .... and others.it depends on the money they can afford of course.
    my favourite bikes are only 200-250cc dual sports (enduros)
    I'll post more as sson as possible.
    yes Turkey is a real wonderland, but I must say that tourism here is very expensive, especially in the South, but it's worth.really beautiful places to travel, ride or visit.
    see you next time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast