Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Hello from Ontario, CA 
    There was a video on You Tube that showed a young guy modifying his Konker to look like the modified Qingqi in the movie. He created the video and then spliced in scenes of the motorcycle in the movie. The whole thing backed with audioa Black Eyed Peas trackTonights Going to be a Good Night.

It was subsequently pulled from You Tube.as a violation of copyright.

The Chinese Motorcycle industry is not that mature, it has not developed a corporate credo and direction, that is not to the level of that of others, not yet, some things can happen fast some cannot.thats why its called maturing.

Those with the rights to the movie will not allow connecting to it for the gains of others.

Product appearances in movies are sold, Qingqi being in the movie was an anomaly. If anything it likely was not a sellable slot to the producer or an oversight on their part? The motorcycle in Charles Angles Full throttle are for the most part ambiguous, except for one shot that holds on the name Yamaha for a second, that second cost allot.

The guy that created the video later claimed he had no idea that what he was doing was wrong, actually he had no idea how powerful an impact it could have on product sales. He had no clue as to the actual capital it cost to get connected to something that millions will see. He was just playing and accidentally launched a video that just happen to be significant enough of a type to drives a products sale.

But why pay for a slot like that if you have no real or adequate distribution or product support? Money talks and shit walks, you would not want to fund it if you cannot back it up. Not all logging companies eventually sell canoes, some just destroy forests.

You know some people spend lots of time and energy and accomplish nothing in the end, others move mountains and with very little effort?

2. #22 Re: Hello from Ontario, CA 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Would enjoy looking at the video. Has the maker posted it elsewhere?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #23 Re: Hello from Ontario, CA 
    You did not miss too much....
    http://www.casttv.com/video/bwovsk/k...yed-peas-video

If you Google Twilight,Black Eyed Peas and Konker you find links and all of them are blocked.

4. #24 Re: Hello from Ontario, CA 
    C-Moto Noob
    The guy who owned it before me was 240lbs and would pick up his son from school with it (melted shoe on pipe). I guess that would have a serious impact as to the condition of my clutch. It engages far out on the lever in a small range of of travel. I drove it to work last week and had no problems. It's been a ton of fun so far and hope I don't have any probs with it this year. I've put close to 400km on it in just three days riding and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm hoping to find detailed info on what type of oil I should be running and how much. I would like to change it even though the previous owner changed it in the fall before storage. I'm going on an info hunt today because it's raining, or I would have been on it right now. I'll post some pics of "Konkey" and my gear soon after I give it it's first good cleaning. I'll stop by later in the week with an update and hopefully some pics.

5. #25 Re: Hello from Ontario, CA 

6. #26 Re: Hello from Ontario, CA 
    I bet its just the cable that needs adjusting...

7. #27 Re: Hello from Ontario, CA 
    C-Moto Noob
    The mechanic said they tryed adjusting it the best they could, and that was all they could do for now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123