Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: KINLON what is happening? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Jape
    Unfortunately many of the importers of Chinese bikes here have mostly been in it for the money with little concern for supporting a customer base, but the winds of change are blowing even if it is a light breeze at the moment the signs point to changes.
    The new revolutionmx bike is a sign of this. Fitted standard with DNM suspension and OKO carb and the first shipment are Z155 motors but second shipment will be Z175.
    http://revolutionmx.com.au/index.php...d=48&Itemid=62
    Although it is a competition mx mini it is the first one on the market here that I would consider potentially competitive out of the box, and at under $2000 that is much better value than anything else that has been offered here to date.
    I have also heard whispers of another road registrable Chinese bike that is going to be available before the end of the year, cant say to much just yet as it is only just whispers. But this bike is also likely to be exceptional value for it’s specifications and will also have exceptional support from a dealer that is truly interested in their customers.
    I suspect that other importers may start to feel more than a breeze soon.

2. #12 Re: KINLON what is happening? 
    What I got most of out of that STB was that it is a competition bike, my thinking being that if folk really start participating and even winning on chinese bikes then THAT will change the game totally. Worked for the Japanese and now they own the m'cycling world ... it is all down to dealers backing the customers over time, and then the icing on the cake is when more knowledgeable people try mods. and accessories and have success, whether with a road bike or for track use. Look at Pfaelzer's JH600 thread for example, I think a few people are buying that machine on the back of that thread alone and the QingQi has the same renown as ride-able and workable going on forum threads alone. The dealers here still don't seem supportive, it might not just be them, perhaps it is such a new idea to have people wanting and affording Motards, R/T bikes and more in China (rather than just 'four people and a pig on a bike' for farmers) that the manufacturers cannot grasp the potential. I was talking about this to someone here the other day, maybe WE need to feed back into China with competitions and shows like the Crusties, then just a small pickup in sales in such an area would assist us and so on. Just wondering but it makes sense to me. How would you feel about organising a 'cultural exchange' visit (both ways) for a team or two then? I am sure Kevin would support the idea ... lol

3. #13 Re: KINLON what is happening? 
    hey guys just reading through may issue of just bikes and found the r/t model for $1750 ride away (page 75)
    somewhere in Melbourne but haven't had a chance to ring them yet to find out who the dealer is.
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm
    mods so far- custom gear rack, custom exhaust, custom bash plate, led indicators, led tail/stop light, 155main jet and needle set on 4th groove from top, airbox restrictor removed,front fairing shortened 75mm

4. #14 Re: KINLON what is happening? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Stromnes
    I think that the kinlon for $1750 ride away would a good deal
    I totally agree Jape, it's the old adage ‘win on Sunday sell on Monday’. In the mini scene at least this is already happening, four years ago it was very difficult to keep up with the big dollar ‘built’ jap bikes. Two years ago the mix on race day was getting to 50/50 jap and china, now we hardly see any jap bikes at the track as it is almost impossible to make them competitive against the Chinese motors. In mini motox it is a similar situation. This is exactly why I am breaking out of focusing on the Chinese minis and am now looking toward the larger bikes as I believe they can be competitive in the market, but to achieve this we need to get some good reports of how the bikes perform circulating. The perception in Australia has been added to by some of the early importers buying the cheapest products they could and then only focusing on the $$$ profits, but with the new players in the scene I feel that the reputation Chinese bikes have will change over time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12