Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Mini Motard In Australia 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    MiniMotard in Queensland Australia
    These are our bikes
    Firstly my bike is based on a Chinese BBR style frame that was given to me by friend, I have built the bike up over the last little while. The motor is a yx140 with a 160 bore kit, the kit uses a 60mm Scut piston (leaves 1mm wall thickness) it is a nickasill bore, it has a 7.2mm lift cam (stock was 5.9) it runs 12.8/1 compression. The head on this motor has been extensively flowed and runs polished stainless valves with heavy duty valve springs that allow the increased lift from the cam. The carburettor is a 26mm Taiwanese OKO semi flat slide (copy of a kehin PWK). Many home made parts have gone into the development of this bike and I haven’t finished yet.

My sons bike is based on a MSO brand Chinese bike, When MSO built these bikes they used top end DNM suspension and high quality brakes. The motor is basically a standard Lifan 140cc motor with a 145 big bore kit and a 7.2 lift cam and some mild head work. This bike is almost fully constructed of billet alloy the frame is a work of art.

His bike is better at the short tracks due to a shorted wheel base, it gets better turn in for corners but my bike is better at the fast flowing tracks where my extra wheel base aids in high speed stability for fast sweeping corners.
    Both bikes use Dunlop TT92 tyres
    Here is a youtube videos of the local mini motard scene (some play racing with friends on a practice day).
    Archerfeild track
    Last edited by sabertooth_buterfly; 05-01-2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: edited to get youtube link working