Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Moilami my knees are the result of 5 seasons of professional motox and several years of serious enduro racing as well as a few mishaps on the road, they don’t slow me down much I just have to ride the mini’s in a way that doesn’t stress them. I have no problems with them on my big bike. (gratuitous picture of my other toy)

We started in mini motard because my son will be getting his licence for a bike soon and he wants to ride on the road so this is a good way for him to learn about riding on tarmac. He has raced on dirt bikes and go karts since he was 6. We are now considering getting a couple of enduro bikes. I am looking at how to import a couple of galaxy xtr’s, could be fun to develop them and see what we can do with them.

Yea CC 22hp is an awesome effort that’s why he was so happy when he saw it. I have had sponsorships when I was younger in motox, I don’t like it because it changes the atmosphere at the track, suddenly everything gets serious and you lose full control on where and how you race.
    Here is a better picture of the 22hp bike

And a picture of another friends bike I love both these bikes

2. #12 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    Quote Originally Posted by sabertooth_buterfly View Post
    Hi Moilami my knees are the result of 5 seasons of professional motox and several years of serious enduro racing as well as a few mishaps on the road, they don’t slow me down much I just have to ride the mini’s in a way that doesn’t stress them. I have no problems with them on my big bike. (gratuitous picture of my other toy)

We started in mini motard because my son will be getting his licence for a bike soon and he wants to ride on the road so this is a good way for him to learn about riding on tarmac. He has raced on dirt bikes and go karts since he was 6. We are now considering getting a couple of enduro bikes. I am looking at how to import a couple of galaxy xtr’s, could be fun to develop them and see what we can do with them.

Yea CC 22hp is an awesome effort that’s why he was so happy when he saw it. I have had sponsorships when I was younger in motox, I don’t like it because it changes the atmosphere at the track, suddenly everything gets serious and you lose full control on where and how you race.
    Here is a better picture of the 22hp bike

And a picture of another friends bike I love both these bikes
    Alright, good stuff :) And good luck in trying to get the XTRs, we have soon so many Galaxy owners around the world we could arrange the 1st annual world wide Galaxies meeting* xD

EDIT:* 1st annual spacewide Galaxies meeting.
    Last edited by moilami; 05-02-2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Fixed the name.

3. #13 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    I think the Galaxy meeting should be in China, provided those of you with fuel injection can get them running correctly! ChinaV seems to be the guru of Galaxy right now.

sabertooth_buterfly, are Puzey's still available in Australia? The Puzey bike lineup of S. Africa does include Galaxy-manufactured XTR 250 bikes, as well as the higher specification XTR 250 manufactured by Shuopu Science (SPX)but from what I remember reading, Puzey of Australia is no longer in business?

4. #14 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi culcune yea the puzey bikes are still being sold here but they only had the motox version not the enduro one with lights. They are being sold on ebay by another company so I’m guessing that they are just selling off the left over stock. I want a registered 250 so that I can ride my local trails and find out how far I can develop one of these bikes. I think the bikes have a lot of room for development. I would want a carb bike not EFI, EFI is only an advantage when it is really well developed and you can adjust the maping like the setup on triumph.

5. #15 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    I have understood Puzey XTR != Galaxy XTR. That they are not the same bike.

6. #16 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    Found something what freaks me to watch:

That is really crazy looking I have to say xD

(From: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=89861)

7. #17 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    Moilani, that is one of the Pitster Pro bikes--it does prove that Chinese manufactured bikes can do things!! But for Chinese bikes, they cost a little more.

8. #18 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yep it shows that the perception some people have of Chinese bikes is not correct some of the bikes are fantastic value.
    Next minitard track day is this sunday so I should have some more pictures after that, but here is a couple that demonstrate the tecniques that are used for minitard
    sport bike style

and motard style

And an extra picture of one of the junior class riders

I realy enjoy watching the juniors and coach/helping them develop as riders.

Tina

9. #19 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    Tina,

What would you say is the greatest difficulty in teaching junior riders?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

10. #20 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Carl
    The main aspect that I have difficulty with in coaching juniors is not the juniors at all its the parents, some parents are either to result driven and put to much pressure on the junior rider to succeed or pass other riders. The result of this is that the junior tends to loose the fun factor. Sometimes they also have an opinion that their child requires more expressive parts to compete (the latest and greatest), whilst in the beginning it is true that juniors require adequate equipment to be both safe and to be able to develop their skills ( good tyres are a must for tarmac) often giving them the biggest flashest motor or parts can actually be detrimental to the advancement of skills. It’s the have to learn to walk before you can run theory. I believe that a slightly under powered bike will hone skills the best because you learn that to be at all competitive it is critical to maintain corner speed rather than be a “point and shoot rider” then as power levels are increased (in increments) the rider develops the whole package, how to maintain corner speed and how to manage the many instant psychological processes that have to happen either instantly or faster.
    Because I am selective in the juniors that I take under my wing I usually don’t have any problems with the riders themselves. In the 11ish to 14ish age bracket they are so keen to learn and are happy to work at their own level. By the time they get to 15-16 and are becoming fast in junior class they develop an attitude that they know it all and can out ride anyone, that’s ok because at 16 they become senior riders and very quickly realise that seniors is a whole different story again. They often start in seniors knowing they are going to show all us old farts how it’s done
    Ever since my own son was 6 years old and started competing in Kart racing I always say the same thing to him just before he goes out on the track “stay safe” “have fun”, after all that’s why anyone does it.
    I will freely admit that now and at 18 years old after 4 years of coaching my son on tarmac he is now faster than me, I’m comfortable with that as I am proud of the way he has progressed. (but I can still keep him honest on the track lol)
    Tina
    Last edited by sabertooth_buterfly; 05-12-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: more info added

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast