Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 

This is some awesome photography.

2. #22 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yea it is moilami, there are a few awesome photographers among our group.
    We had another great track day on sunday with 27 riders turning up here is a few pictures from the day

and 1 of me having a run without trafic

3. #23 Re: Mini Motard In Australia and STUFF 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    We also had a few members of a local monkey bike club come and have a look

But racing is infectious and they had to have a run

It was so much fun to watch these guys racing they realy went for it. The interesting thing about their bikes is that although they are all "hondas" the only part on most of them that is still honda is the frame, they all run chinese motors with most of them chosing lifan 150's

4. #24 Re: Mini Motard In Australia 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This is a young guy named Doug, he showed so much promise on his first track day that I took him under my wing and am now coaching him in riding and building his own bike, this young guy has the right attitude to go far in motor sport should he chose it. This was his third track day here is a picture of him having a run on my bike

5. #25 Re: Mini Motard In Australia 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Our bikes did not get much of a break all day with them doubling up on duty in seniors and junior classes

6. #26 Re: Mini Motard In Australia 
    I am coming to the party a little late, but great photos! We had a new entertainment place open up last spring with a go-kart track, bumper boats and miniature golf, and it just closed down before being open a year!! I wonder if someone could open the track part-time for something like this?

7. #27 Re: Mini Motard In Australia 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi culcune
    If your interested in geting involved with mini motard in your local area check out http://planetminis.com they have a section on mini motard in the USA.
    Maybe some locals would be interested in trying to get something going there.
    But a warning it is very addictive lol.
    Tina

8. #28 Re: Mini Motard In Australia 
    There is a dealer/race promoter about 3 hours north of me who promotes mini dirt bike races. I am sure his company would get into motard racing, too, as he is now an authorized Pitster Pro dealer. It looks very addicting...

9. #29 Re: Mini Motard In Australia 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have been very quiet of late, not just on this forum but on others that I frequent. However there has been some action going on, I have officially retired from active mini motard racing, I will still be attending the track days to help out/socialize and take some photos. I have just come to a point where the body is not as capable as the mind would like it to be therefore I have chosen to retire whist I am still at the pointy end of the field (don’t want to become a mobile chicane). I’d like the younger ones to remember me as that crazy old bird that they just couldn’t get past.
    However this change as is usual in life has opened up other opportunities, one of which is to see just how much punishment an ex minitard bike can take once converted back to dirt. I am looking forward to seeing just how far I can push the home build grenade at a motox track, there should be some photos to come of our next adventures with the minis.
    But the big news is……..
    I have also been very busy organizing a long distance ride that I am planning for later in the year that involves me getting a new Chinese bike, the logistics for this ride are huge. I will release more details here when I can, including what brand/model the bike is (not currently available here yet).
    This ride is going to be epic something like approximately 3000klms solo covering 4 states unsupported. It might be a few months before to much seems to happen but I will be lurking around and working furiously behind the scenes to put all this together (as well as attending uni for another semester).
    Tina

10. #30 Re: Mini Motard In Australia 
    Woohoo congrats!! Solo travelling rules, you have time for your own thoughts and you can go all ME ME ME ME ME, that is stop when you want, eat when you want, and sleep when you want. I hope to see some camping pictures by the way You are brave to do it with a china bike, respects because of that. To the unknown with an unknown bike is 200% more adventurous than to the unknown with known bike, to say the least.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast