Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello!

Searched the forum but couldn't find a thread about Apollo AGB 36? Hopefully I'm not the only one who has one? I live in Sweden and I bought it street legal with plate and everything. I use it mainly to commute to work.
    I bought it four weeks ago and it has now 380 km on the clock. Nothing to complain about about the bike itself. Starts and runs fine. Topspeed ca 120 km/h on the clock means ca 100-105 km/h real speed (measured with GPS). Have changed the oil once. Soon I shall check the valves just to be sure they are ok.
    Had an accident in the garage when the gasfilter hose got loose and the whole tank ran out when I wasn't there. It really smelled (and still does). Trying to post a picture of it below:
    IMG_7829..jpg

2. #2 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    Tjänare! Nice to hear of you and hopefully hear of your bike and see some pictures of it in the future too. I have been interested of your bike, they sell those in Finland and there are even second hand Apollos for sale here. I am trying to buy the Galaxy XTR now, but if it fails or I rage cancel the order I may very well default to Apollo. Or get some other interests.

A link to Apollos for sale page: http://www.nettimoto.com/orion/-/862416

3. #3 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    Nice bike and congrats! Looking forwards to hearing your thoughts on it! I'm curious to see how it would compare to the XTR in motard guise.

4. #4 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    C-Moto Noob
    If someone is interested of some more pictures see below?
    I also bought offroad wheels with it but I haven't been able to test them because I don't have e chain that is long enough. It is type 530 chain on this model unfortunately.
    First 100 km I used standard CDI then I switched to a non restricted that I got with the bike. It didn't make any or very little difference but I don't know what it should be? Maybe just removed rev limit?
    What I've discovered so far:
    The gas tank meter is not working very vell. When tank is half full it says it's nearly empty. When it's full it reads 4 bars (out of 10?).
    The idle is non existing when cold. Even if i choke it. I have to give it a little gas until it warms up.
    The suspension is very simple. No adjustments to make what I've seen and practically no rebound damping.
    Maybe an oilchange in the forks could help?
    It is a very high bike. For me who is 190 cm i bearly reach down with my whole foot by the red lights.
    I'll keep on driving and see what happens;-)

IMG_7772..jpg
    IMG_7776..jpg
    IMG_7774..jpg
    IMG_7775..jpg
    IMG_7773..jpg
    Last edited by Gits; 05-06-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Could not upload more than five pics?

5. #5 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    I think the new CDI mainly removes revs limits.

Who needs a fuel meter in a bike? It is not a cage xD No fuel meters needed. In that kind of bikes even speedo meter is optional :) Thanks of the pics and report, and have fun with your bike. You are now like a doctor and the bike is a patient you need to monitor and heal. Hope to see treatment reports here!

6. #6 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    Gits, pay attention to the rear suspension and gearbox (a few guys from our local motorcycle forum had a broken 1. gear - http://www.bjbikers.com/index.php?op...&topic=35777.0 ).

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #7 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Actually I've been reading your local forum before I bought my bike. Unfortunately I can't post in your forum since I have to use google translate to understand what you are writing. However it has been very interesting reading Gligoras adventures with his bike.
    It seems that there has been an update of some components för 2010 years model. I think they can sell the bike with other components if you want. The company I bought it from here in Sweden claims there is a "performance carburettor" that they have ordered with the bike from China.
    However the bike has 520 km on the clock right now and no problems so far.

8. #8 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    Gits how is the bike doing now iv seen quite a few of them whilst on holiday recently they look pretty well put together?

9. #9 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    Gits how is the bike doing now iv seen quite a few of them whilst on holiday recently they look pretty well put together?
    It's still running. Have 1937 km on the meter. Mainly use it to and from work.
    Have an issue with the starter relay so sometimes it doesn't crank on the electric starter. Anyway it has a kickstart so I don't see it as a big problem. I think it is a perfect vehicle for going shorter distances. Sometimes i lack a bit of power from the engine but I have bigger bikes if I want to go fast.
    No other mechanical or electric failure so far. Changed oil twice and filter once.

10. #10 Re: Apollo AGB 36 (Orion RX250) 
    iv heard these chinese built 250's arent as near powerful as japanese or european rivals but saying that the looks of the bike are still a winner must be abit werid if you see the 50cc version thats the same size but hardly moves

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast