Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Galaxy SUV250

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    A standard Honda FTR223 in black

2. #22 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    This another Heiwa based on the Suzuki GN250-C, of which a replica of is also made in China,.

3. #23 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    another, this is an RV200 also a copy of is manufactured in china.

4. #24 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    C-Moto Noob
    Tunafish, do you like the bike? How did you get it? Were you able to get plates? And finally, how has the bike done this past year? Reliability wise? I ride in Beijing and Xinjiang and am looking for a bike that can handle the mountains, the city, and my girlfriend on the back.
    Thanks man

5. #25 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Quallsymoto View Post
    Tunafish, do you like the bike? How did you get it? Were you able to get plates? And finally, how has the bike done this past year? Reliability wise? I ride in Beijing and Xinjiang and am looking for a bike that can handle the mountains, the city, and my girlfriend on the back.
    Thanks man
    Galaxy SUV250 cannot be plated in Beijing - at least as of last July and I doubt things have changed now the E3 emissions are required.
    Instagram: #mychinamoto

Jialing JH150GY-3
    QingQi QM70ZK
    Lida LD30-3 - SOLD!

6. #26 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,

new to this forum (and to motorcycling :-). I'm really liking the Honda ftr223. Due to limited availability in Europe, I'm looking into the Chinese made equivalent, the SUV250. It appears simpler and cheaper to purchase the bike directly from a Chinese factory than to buy a used Honda blindly in Japan via an auction website.
    I have two questions to SUV250 owners. How does it fare in terms of quality after a while of riding and have there been any issues with registration (in EU particularly)? Thanks in advance.

7. #27 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    I have an SUV 250 and quality wise it can't be compared with the original honda, it is a cheaply made chinese copy, nothing more nothing less... I am lucky enough to have a good local guy around to help me out with repairs. After 10.000 km's the exhaust pipe needed to be replaced. Once the sidestand just broke off because of the weight of the saddlebags. Because of the engine itself being so crudely made, you'll have to replace the oil (expensive TOTAL synthetic oil in my case) every 1500 km's, even after 10.000 km's it will still be pitch black after 1500... Furthermore the fuel tank is too small and the crude engine is not fuel efficient. You'll be lucky to do 180 km's on a full tank. The suspension also was never too good and is now leaking oil. Top speed should be 110 km/h but it rarely gets there. Last but not least, their website disappeared, not really a good omen... Still I love the bike, it is good fun to ride compared to my old much more reliable haojue 125... And I did have some epic trips on it last summer like this one: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...now-Lotus-Peak

8. #28 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    Thanks man
    Sorry man, got this message way to late... Yes the SUV 250 can be legally plated in China, I have no idea about Europe by the way. However if I would be in the market for a simular bike right now I would probably go for a Zongshen RX3... More expensive but more of an adventure bike and more powerful...

9. #29 Re: Galaxy SUV250 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    Hi,

new to this forum (and to motorcycling :-). I'm really liking the Honda ftr223. Due to limited availability in Europe, I'm looking into the Chinese made equivalent, the SUV250. It appears simpler and cheaper to purchase the bike directly from a Chinese factory than to buy a used Honda blindly in Japan via an auction website.
    I have two questions to SUV250 owners. How does it fare in terms of quality after a while of riding and have there been any issues with registration (in EU particularly)? Thanks in advance.
    You can also take a look at Skyteam V-Raptor:
    http://x-atv.de/Zweiraeder-und-Zubeh...2013::728.html

It's certainly "registerable" in Germany as there are two German owners at chinariders.net

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123