Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Dealers in Beijing?? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi - I am Christina - I am coming all the way to Beijing to visit the Eicma Motorcycle Show in June. I have tried to find Motorcycle sparepart dealers in Beijing on the net, but I can't seem to find any. I would like to see how the spareparts market works in China. I represent the company SBS - we sell high brand brake pads. www.sbs.dk. We are located in Denmark. If anyone has a MC spare part dealer address in Beijing. Thank you very for your help. Will any of you all attend? Christina

2. #2 Re: Dealers in Beijing?? 
    Hi Christina,

I know your product well as I was a distributor many years ago in North America. I think you're going to be in for a shock when you see the way spare parts are managed over here. No Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky distribution, just tiny little shops bringing in the products from Hong Kong or other places outside of China.

Enjoy your stay, Beijing is a fun city!

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Dealers in Beijing?? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi ChinaV - Thank you for your reply and your help. Now I really look forward to visit Beijing. I will just have to look around for thoese tiny little shops. But I wonder if the market is not growing in China, for high quality brands? I can see that people in China also purchase the expensive bikes, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki. I asssume they will need brake pads as well.
    I see you attented the Indy show this - maybe you can drop by our both next year. I am there every year as well.

Have a nice day..

4. #4 Re: Dealers in Beijing?? 
    Christina,

I think the first time any exotic foreign bikes like Ducati were ever officially displayed in China at was last year's moto convention in ChongQing. If you're looking for general transportation industry show, EICMA sounds like it may be alright but the big motorocycle only show is in ChongQing. You can find dates for this in the "Industry" section of the forums and there is a possibility ChinaV may be attending as well. If you're looking to investigate motorcycle related parts and supplies, ChongQing is probably the place to go. It's true Bejing is a central activity point for china as a whole but the real action is usually where the manufacturing is... and that's largely ChongQing and the Pearl River Delta areas.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #5 Re: Dealers in Beijing?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Hi ChinaV - Thank you for your reply and your help. Now I really look forward to visit Beijing. I will just have to look around for thoese tiny little shops. But I wonder if the market is not growing in China, for high quality brands? I can see that people in China also purchase the expensive bikes, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki. I asssume they will need brake pads as well.
    I see you attented the Indy show this - maybe you can drop by our both next year. I am there every year as well.

Have a nice day..
    Christina, you are welcome to drop me a PM or e-mail. Take a day or two off when you are in Beijing an I guide you around - from the official BMW and HD dealers / importers to small backyard garages, tiny shops and much more.
    I have a bike for you if you want
    Moreover I can give you an intro about the Chinese view on preventive maintenance
    Andy

6. #6 Re: Dealers in Beijing?? 
    Moreover I can give you an intro about the Chinese view on preventive maintenance
    That, Christina, is an education you couldn't pay for even if you wanted to.

Chinabiker has years and years of knowledge about the moto scene in Beijing and China which should make your trip not only easier, but possibly more productive.

Have fun and we look forward to hearing what you think about the place. Have you been to China before?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #7 Re: Dealers in Beijing?? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi Chinabiker,

I will be Beijing next week, if time allows I would like to check some parts markets to see availablity of aftermarket parts for my Shineray X2.
    Is there any cluster of them in Beijing or they are scattered as the CJ shops you see once in a while...?

Thanks for your input.

André

8. #8 Re: Dealers in Beijing?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    Hi Chinabiker,

I will be Beijing next week, if time allows I would like to check some parts markets to see availablity of aftermarket parts for my Shineray X2.
    Is there any cluster of them in Beijing or they are scattered as the CJ shops you see once in a while...?

Thanks for your input.

André
    Hi Andre
    There are a bunch of clusters around but I am not sure where to find parts for your bike. A new area is growing around the shop of Jimbosidecar and there is one near my place. It is not as it seems to be in other cities that you have huge bike markets and most focus on Changs and illegal bikes.
    It also depends on how mobile you are during your visit since all these places are spread out far. There is not much really downtown, say within the 5th ring road. Most of the places are in the satellite cities' suburbs of Tongzhou, Daxing, Fangshan, Changping, Huiarou, Miyun, Shunyi and Pinggu. As the city grows with tremendous speed (as many other cities in the PR of C), what is suburban today is downtown next year and so these shops and dealers are on a constant move.

I know all this doesn't help you too much - sorry.
    Got a more detailed itinerary? Maybe have a couple of
    Andy