Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    C-Moto Regular
    Living in Yunnan and Beijing that summarized the majority of things except children being held out the windows of vehicles to pee or poop. Or that sun roofs are used for tossing garbage.

2. #82 Re: Riding Safe in China - New Rider Guide 
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    No quick cure
    Maybe several hundred years of positive personal development rather then 30 years of financial only development.

Can take the man out if the bush, but you can't take the bush out if the man.

Look at many Maori Aborigine American Indian people forced to another culture
    Doesn't work - simple

Won't work in China and stupid to think that it will.
    China is changing rapidly. Mostly this change is driven by the people. It is they who want to be the best.. pretty much at everything. There are two kinds of stupid..
    1) Suptid because they don't know any better
    2) Stupid because they know better but are just pig ignorant.

3. #83 Re: Riding Safe in China - New Rider Guide 
    They aren't stupid.

Some are obviously, but the general pb is they don't learn from their mistakes cause they don't see them as such.
    Bad luck and the one who clipped u was going too fast are the 2 sole accident factors in China.
    Have u ever heard a Ch person saying, "yea I was wrong"? They never are. It ain't stupidity. It's just they never yield. Yielding is being weak, they've been taught to be strong, regardless of what.

Put a few millions of people who can't be wrong, yield, or wait a single second on vehicles without any safety regulation related to production or use and watch the magic happen.
    No helmets required, no disc brakes although it's more common now, no license or training, never turn ur lights on as it uses the battery (LOL), and f*ck you know what? You don't even need to follow any traffic regulation, just buy it and ride on buddy! The way of screwing the system to earn 5mn everyday till u die (in about 5mn) can be yours for near to nothing! How's that?

Someone didn't realize that not making any regulation for e-bikes would have a few other effects than just getting someone filthy rich through millions of sales.
    That someone's Panamera is now regularly being bombarded by the crazy and incessant flux induced, and now they start to make laws to get e-bike users to abide traffic regulations, they don't sell as much as before anyways, everyone's got one already and they can be repaired about indefinitely with tape, shoe laces and bent metal strings, so whatever, let's try and remove them all from our streets now... In the meantime how many e-bikes users died is just another number to which nothing could've ever been done.

Sigh... Anyways TIC, and yea nothing will ever change except the price of stuff...
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

Banned
    I've seen 2 people fall off while standing still! They crash E Bikes while sitting on them stationary !

5. #85 Re: Riding Safe in China - New Rider Guide 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Jon
    Legally you are allowed to ride on the express ways for sure and many people have tried to argue with the toll booth management about the legalities off this matter. But as far as I know all have failed, which is understandably when you are talking to farmer works with a uniform on who has no ideal about what is right or wrong TIC .
    So why waste your time and energy just skip on and show them the big finger , works for me

P.S. Great blog
    Thanks for that!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsims View Post
    Thanks for that!!!!!!
    I knew a guy who rode on the express way
    He is a member here.
    Car shadowed him till he managed to get away
    Left the toll road on a small exit booth where the guy was asleep lol
    TIC

Banned
    3 near misses today, one slight rub against and he hit a parked bike
    One near violent altercation and damn near run the short Fker down - he was arguing that riding on left was ok in his peanut brain

Two more advices:
    a) in the country side watch out during late summer for peolle or vehicles with long bamboo stick. When they turn the sticks block the road donetimes over both lanes. They use it to hit down fruit and nuts from thr trees. Once I was near stabbed in that way.

b) if waiting to turn left, before moving again check your mirror and check if any idiot tries to overtake still from the left. All time set your turn signal.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Banned
    Ok I officially road on a highway today passed the guy waving at me and yelling something
    Saw nothing and had no issue getting off at small exit
    Also passed a police check point on smaller road
    They waved me thru

10. #90 Re: Riding Safe in China - New Rider Guide 
    C-Moto Regular
    You can sometimes get away with it. Theres one expressway in this area that allows motorbikes (the alternative road is just plain dangerous). The other drivers seem to get annoyed and beep you though.
    Driving past people who are yelling something might end up biting you in the ass if you make a habit of it. Especially if your riding illegally.
    Expressways are tedious, I never bother trying.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789