Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 53545535455565765 ... LastLast
  1. #541 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    I've got an nz license but here they saying they can't do it for foreigners ???
    My basic theory is they don't want anyone else riding or driving on the roads as they are already highly congested, foreigners are a soft target as their complaints are easy to ignore. My suspicion is that over time foreigners' ability to drive in China will become further eroded. Step one has been preventing foreigners doing their tests in China. Step 2 will probably be preventing people from transferring their license to a Chinese one, then lastly preventing renewal of licenses or buying any vehicle in their own name. Most likely similar to riding on expressways it will remain 'technically' legal, but in reality mostly impossible.

2. #542 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    My basic theory is they don't want anyone else riding or driving on the roads as they are already highly congested, foreigners are a soft target as their complaints are easy to ignore. My suspicion is that over time foreigners' ability to drive in China will become further eroded. Step one has been preventing foreigners doing their tests in China. Step 2 will probably be preventing people from transferring their license to a Chinese one, then lastly preventing renewal of licenses or buying any vehicle in their own name. Most likely similar to riding on expressways it will remain 'technically' legal, but in reality mostly impossible.

I questioned if I could take a car test here, they said I can but also need to do the chinese test as the car english test was scrapped. That's if you're doing the whole chinese test. The law is what it is, it's a shame one cannot do what he enjoys to do because of id!ots who want to make up silly laws. This is a country that doesn't accept the international license but any Western country ive visited allows the chinese to drive there. I might suck it up and take the chinese test and not allow these weird laws win. But that just means memorising for a whole year.

The woman in the test centre did say I could wait to see if an english version comes out, I mean maybe just maybe they changed the chinese test and now they're retranslating the English test. We could only hope, although the reality is sad that the locals can buy a license but honest people who will try their best to take the normal test can cut out of the circle.

Please ignore my negative comments, I will be getting over this tomorrow and trying a different place or city or country tomorrow!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post
    I questioned if I could take a car test here, they said I can but also need to do the chinese test as the car english test was scrapped. That's if you're doing the whole chinese test. The law is what it is, it's a shame one cannot do what he enjoys to do because of id!ots who want to make up silly laws. This is a country that doesn't accept the international license but any Western country ive visited allows the chinese to drive there. I might suck it up and take the chinese test and not allow these weird laws win. But that just means memorising for a whole year.

The woman in the test centre did say I could wait to see if an english version comes out, I mean maybe just maybe they changed the chinese test and now they're retranslating the English test. We could only hope, although the reality is sad that the locals can buy a license but honest people who will try their best to take the normal test can cut out of the circle.

Please ignore my negative comments, I will be getting over this tomorrow and trying a different place or city or country tomorrow!
    Or pay around 8-10000¥ and get it in one day - done in Haikou Hainun province

4. #544 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    Or pay around 8-10000¥ and get it in one day - done in Haikou Hainun province
    Anyone got this persons contact details? It would be a real last resort. I've contact my girlfriend's dad to see if he can help me out. Seeing as my girlfriend never even took her driving test but has a license..

Or maybe just go to Thailand pay a couple of bahat for their license I try transfer it to a Chinese one, haha.

Banned
    If you have any question or need any assistance for this, feel free to call me any time. My Mobile: (+86) 135-6031-4810. Wendy.Thank you.(Guangdong Expat Service Center)

6. #546 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post

Interesting point and I think you could be right ? Justed be please we both have a full C1E .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #547 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    If you have any question or need any assistance for this, feel free to call me any time. My Mobile: (+86) 135-6031-4810. Wendy.Thank you.(Guangdong Expat Service Center)
    Amazed, its 2015 and the scam artists still around and naive people fall for the fake license and pay hight amounts of money for a scanned and cheaply copied license. Hey, they might throw a tea ceremony into the deal.

Ride safe, PAL

ps: oldie but a goldie

Scam catches foreign drivers
    Shanghai Daily Newspaper 2007-6-31

Some foreign motorists in the city may be driving illegally and be unaware of it thanks to a bogus application ruse.
    Overseas drivers living in Shanghai should only apply for a Chinese driving license with local police.Shanghai traffic police made the clarification yesterday following reports that some agencies are charging expatriates thousands of yuan to have licenses issued out of town. These licenses are not legitimate.Shanghai Morning Post broke the story on Thursday after an undercover investigation of the agencies.
    With photocopies of the driver's passport, driving license from his or her own country and head-shot photos, clients are told to expect a Chinese driving license, issued by out of town authorities, after a week to 40 days, the newspaper said.
    The foreign clients don't need to show up in person but only pass on the material to agents and wait for the licenses to arrive.
    Agents charge between about 2,000 yuan (US$263) and 5,000 yuan for the service.
    Shanghai Daily interviewed officers from the vehicle administration office under the General Team of Traffic Police who said licenses required by the agents are illegal.Foreign drivers should swap them for a driving license issued by traffic authorities in their exact area of residence.Shanghai traffic police are investigating the matter.
    "Expatriates with a Shanghai-issued residents' permit, should only apply for a driving license issued by Shanghai traffic police," said a police officer with vehicle administration.It costs 40 yuan to sit for a test on computer in Chinese road traffic rules. You can obtain a Chinese driving license the same day you pass the exam after paying 15 yuan for certification.
    To apply for the test, the expatriate need to come to the police office on 1179 Qingchun Road, with head-shot photos and a hospital-issued physical exam report. Applicants also need to take the driving license issued in their own country.
    Police said that international driving license holders are not allowed to drive in China before gaining a Chinese license. Questions about applying for a Chinese driving license should be directed to a hotline, 24023456.

8. #548 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Pal.,

You might be surprised to hear but this agent can provide Real Chinese licenses. I have met at least 8 people that have used their services. The licenses are 100% legitimate. The person needs to go to Haikou and take part in the test, the rest I'll leave to your imagination :-)

Anyway at Haikou can get a C1E license, I know of someone that got one just before the holidays.

ZMC888.

I agree with some of your thoughts, I recently bought a Yamaha here in HuiZhou, Guangdong but as a foreigner I couldn't register in my name. I couldn'¡t get registered in my wife¡s name either as she already has one bike in her name so I had to sweet talk my sister in law and promise that I won't be doing anything silly ! She's gulable. It seems that if you want to do something the right way here that you can't. TIC
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

9. #549 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by Symon260z View Post
    I agree with some of your thoughts, I recently bought a Yamaha here in HuiZhou, Guangdong but as a foreigner I couldn't register in my name. I couldn'¡t get registered in my wife¡s name either as she already has one bike in her name so I had to sweet talk my sister in law and promise that I won't be doing anything silly ! She's gulable. It seems that if you want to do something the right way here that you can't. TIC
    Yep, frustrating. Seems 98% of local motorcycle riders are in some or most ways illegal. You have thought that the unusual foreign guy trying to do things 100% legally would be welcomed or at least had things moderately easy to do the right thing. But, no so many times you are met with difficulties or complete blocking. Sometimes not taking no for answer be determined, polite, friendly and unshakable you can get want, but not always.

10. #550 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Update:
    License renewal.

I renewed my license today. It was annoying, but it got done in about 2 hours, if you are Chinese maybe 20 minutes.

First obstacle was that they couldn't find my passport number on the computer that connects to your license. Your passport number/driving license on their computer system will have a prefix of a letter A-G. This is your status in China, F means resident, and G means diplomat, not sure about the rest, probably visitor, student etc. This prefix needs to be entered into the computer to access a foreigners records in front of your passport number.

That sorted I was able to have the new photo and confirm that I hadn't lost my eyesight or gone colorblind since last time.

Then I had a main sheet and my photos, things were looking good! Got to the license issuing desk, sorry you need police evidence that you have a 'lived in China for at least three months sheet', issued at another police station, but I said I have got 6 years worth of residency visas in my passport, wtf? Not good enough, we need to be surer than sure. Got to the other police station, at first he said no, then after some extended pleading including his addition to my Christmas card list we reluctantly issued a piece of paper with a stamp on it.

Back at police station 1, they intensely checked the details and gave me a new license. Cost was 80 yuan all in.

Glad it's still doable and not a blocked wall of impossibility. Sucks that doing anything is so irritatingly annoyingly difficult, x2 if you aren't Chinese. Seems the system has been set up to make things deliberately more awkward if you are a foreigner, and that includes all of Chinese state owned anything, from banks to police to selling houses, police, getting money out, everything.

Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 53545535455565765 ... LastLast