Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 203038394041425060 ... LastLast
  1. #391 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Good, cause ur future bike will look and feel much better with a pretty girl on the rear seat.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

2. #392 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    Hi Guy Plz help me out and thanks in advance!
    Right I'm working in Zibo City Shandong and there rule is no 90 day visa can apply for license in this city :S I found out I can possibly do it in Shnaghai - BUT is there a closer location and lower costs then the agents 1500 yuan?
    I have a New Zealand Bike and car license as well as a EU Car license so should be enough I thought.
    I know I will need to do the basic medical and translate my license.
    I was told I canot do this in Zibo and take to Shanghai
    True false? Who can help out as Im sick of riding a bicycle and want to buy that cool lookingg dual sport Paiggio I seen in the shop for 8800 Yuan!

3. #393 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    Hi Guy Plz help me out and thanks in advance!
    Right I'm working in Zibo City Shandong and there rule is no 90 day visa can apply for license in this city :S I found out I can possibly do it in Shnaghai - BUT is there a closer location and lower costs then the agents 1500 yuan?
    I have a New Zealand Bike and car license as well as a EU Car license so should be enough I thought.
    I know I will need to do the basic medical and translate my license.
    I was told I canot do this in Zibo and take to Shanghai
    True false? Who can help out as Im sick of riding a bicycle and want to buy that cool lookingg dual sport Paiggio I seen in the shop for 8800 Yuan!
    Kia ora rā kōrua, Kei te pēhea koe? He aha tō mahi?

The problem is that often different jurisdictions within PRC, have different rules/regulations at their local level, and then other times, simply the person one gets to deal with 'behind the counter' has no idea of what the laws/regulations or policies are, or they make up their own literal interpretation, or often are just too lazy as doing anything else will create more work for themselves. If you are dealing direct with the local Traffic Management dept. of the responsible PSB, then you might find that given a different day, different time or a different person you may get a different response or outcome. That's part and parcel of doing anything in PRC, there's no real transparency or accountability. Then add to that anything related to the national laws, and local guanxi gang.

If you're leaving everything to an agent to handle locally, then if they've dealt with similar situation and circumstances before than it might be possible to believe him/her/agency, otherwise it might be a game of chance/flip a coin.

Usually business visa holder here (also applies in a number of other countries too) can't get a legal D/L through the normal channels, but that may not always be the case.

Before heading off to Shanghai, try searching on one of the expat orientated websites like Shanghaiexpat where you will likely find some relevant discussion on the forum etc.

ZMC888 a member and mod here on MCM lurking in Zibo, Shandong might also be worth sending a PM to.

Lastly FYI, aside from the translation of your overseas D/L (make sure that you are applying for both car and motorcycle: C1D or C1E), and the medical exam, you will also be required to sit the 100 question MCQ test.

我的气垫船装满了鳝鱼 Wǒ de qìdiànchuán zhuāngmǎn le shànyú (joke).

Meri Kirihimete me ngā mihi o te tau hou ki a koutou katoa

Kia waimarie
    BD
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 12-19-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Banned
    Gidday mate!
    Ok I'll look into it all
    I got wrong visa from another school I use to work at.
    I might need cheat abit n replace it with a better one
    I still hate riding a bicycle and rather run around on a cool bike etc
    If no help ill just ride till I fix the license issue and see what happens

5. #395 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Guru
    1500 is a complete steal for an agent to get you an out of province licence. Last I checked it was 7000 plus a trip to Hainan. In Shanghai, it was 3000 and all it got you was an interpreter who drove you around to the various offices. You still had to write the exam yourself.

What kind of visa are you here on anyways? Please don't tell me it's anything less than a Z visa. If so, please get that sorted out quickly, as China has recently become very strict. Our school was inspected last week and some local friends here in Guangzhou have been invited down to the PSB offices for interviews in spite of being long time legal visa holders.

6. #396 Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    M business visa
    Weird while I worked in hainun all I could find wads trip to Gangzhou and 6500¥
    Now can get help to go around shanghai for 1500¥

7. #397 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    M business visa
    Weird while I worked in hainun all I could find wads trip to Gangzhou and 6500¥
    Now can get help to go around shanghai for 1500¥
    Unless your agent has a "magic touch," do not assume that because they walk you through various offices in Shanghai you'll come out with a license. If your don't have the required validity on your visa (3 or 6 months) and cannot demonstrate Shanghai residency, you might find doors slamming in your face. But the agent will want to be paid for taking you around.

One has to assume that part of the proceeds of the pricier license services goes to officials in the form of graft.

Be sure you know what you are paying for.

cheers
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Banned
    Hi
    It involves getting residents permit as it's not so much involved - tourists can do the same etc
    Basically my visa is enough to do all that's needed plus I sit the test - then that parts up to me etc

9. #399 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Finally got everything right and passed my test on the second sitting scoring 91. Got the license issued immediately, was suprised at that efficiency. Special thanks goes to "Euphonius" for his wise counsels and advice. Also a big thanks to whoever created that "drive in china" exam app for ipads n iphones. Was well the mere $2 i spent to purchase it. Now i can get my plates and ride legal. Also thinking of a car by next year. C1E class put to good use. Thanks everyone. License pic attached for viewing.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by krismoto; 12-23-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Picture change

Congratulations. :)

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 203038394041425060 ... LastLast