Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71516171819273767 ... LastLast
  1. #161 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Hi Pete, the link doesn't work for me but I found the following link on MCM, I just don't remember where. However I've bookmarked it and am using it and find it very helpful.

http://www.shekouonline.com/drivingtest.html

Away we go .............
    Chongqing
    '12 Lifan 250 P
    e-biker 48/64/72v
    '77 CB 750 F1
    '75 XL 250

2. #162 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    At one point in time I got the English version of the Sichuan Province written driving test. Download link is below. about 3mb.

http://www.carlparker.com/chengdu/sc_autoexam.pdf
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #163 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in this post or other relevant linked posts in this thread, but when one goes to the official translation service approved by the relevant traffic dept., it is worth noting that if the individual has a full motorcycle riders license from abroad then one can ask/explain that a full driving license in the issuing country also covers or includes sidecars/'outfits'; class/category "D". If this is not explained to the translation service provider they will only include the motorcycle class/category "E".

4. #164 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Once again, I have the entire question bank, in Chinese and English, for the national motor vehicle licensing exam. It's about 3mb large, so reasonable to email. Anyone wants a copy, PM me your email address.

If anyone has any ideas for where to park the thing online, I'm all ears.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #165 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    The long term/multiple entry visas are probably not going to help you as the MAXIMUM LENGTH OF EACH STAY is limited to 30 days....Which is why it's almost impossible to get a license on a visa that's not a long term residence type. Absolutely verify that whatever visa you are going to get will allow you to stay in the country for 90 consecutive days.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Hi China V

Not strictly true.
    I generally get a 1 year "F" business visa.
    With that I get (ask for) 90 days stay each time.
    I am on my 3rd one now.

However when they ask for 90 days to be able to apply for the test, do they mean "90" days, or more than 90 days?

Gra.

6. #166 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Passed my test on Friday!!! 99/100. I studied way too much I guess, I just couldn't bear the thought of not passing and having to wait around until next Friday and the possible hassles of booking a re-test. Should hopefully get my license tomorrow when I drop off all my papers.

Registering a bike in my name, or rather the fact that I can't do it, has lead me to buy second hand. As soon as I get my physical license I'm heading to Chongqing, this seems to be the source for all enduros in China. Guilin is currently out of stock.
    Hi Max,
    I have heard 2 different stories today, regarding taking the computer test.
    Firstly I heard that the Chinese application is different than the foreigner (English) application.
    I heard that the Chinese need study roughly 1000 questions, and the computer will select 100 from that list, then the Chinese applicant need score minimum of 90 out of the 100.
    Then I was told that for the foreigner, there is a set list of 100 questions.
    This list is a set list taken from the 1000.
    I was told I can go to the Traffic, and ask them for this list.
    Being a foreigner, they will give me this list of 100 questions to learn and remember.
    So when i come back to do the test, I simply need recall the 100 questions that were on my given sheet.

Now, it does sound strange, but maybe not so strange either.

Can any one throw some concrete onto this ?

Gra.

7. #167 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    .Can any one throw some concrete onto this ?
    I don't know about Shandong, but in Beijing a foreigner gets the >1,000 questions, from which 100 are randomly selected during the computer test.

Absolutely necessary to study.

I also seem to recall that, at least in Beijing, the driving license visa requirement is "more than 3 months" (which could be a few days more than 90, depending on the months), whereas the vehicle registration is "more than 6 months" (which is usually 183 days, or more).

8. #168 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    As LJH wrote, the rules are equally applied no matter foreigner or local Chinese, all 100 questions used in either test, are randomly selected from a databank of 1000+ questions. The deal is that one is supposed to learn the questions along with the correct answer (think route learning/memorisation which is what the Chinese education system is founded on). Some if not many of the questions that make up the test defy western logical thinking, but thats ok, just memorise them and be done with it. Once you pass and throw yourself out into the real world, the rules get thrown out the window and are only applied occasionally in times where the traffic police might need to be seen to enforce them, and even that can be flexible. As for the visa issue, there was a time around the Olympics in China that the CCCP changed the rules to accommodate temporary foreigners coming in on tourist "L" visas who could get a Chinese DL for a short time. That all changed and went back to "normal" after the games ended. If you have a long stay business "F" visa one might try to persuade the attending official, but if they say no, then it might mean no. Try your luck.

9. #169 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks Bikerdoc,

We will take a walk along to our local traffic, later today, or tomorrow if she gets some time off work.
    I guess then she can hear it from the horses mouth.
    The other alternative, is if I ask her to ask one of her managers to go with me?
    may be the traffic might take a bit more credibility from a man than a girl?

I can generally get through to about question 70 'ish before I make my first mistake.

Chinese driving test questions

The questions and answers though, do not always follow clear logic, but any way, as long as I try remember the right answer for them, it doesn't really matter if it's the right answer for my mind.

Gra.

10. #170 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Guru
    To spice things up a bit more here! I'm sure I only got 50 questions for the motorcycle test and had to answer 45 correctly in order to pass. Furthermore I was required to have 90 days REMAINING on my visa when applying for the test in BJ.

Cheers!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71516171819273767 ... LastLast