Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 223240414243445262 ... LastLast
  1. #411 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Thanks braillce. I'll let you know if I end up going down that road. For now, I think i'm going to try one or two more times in Zhuji. Then HZ, then Shanghai.
    My biggest problem with this whole thing is that I only have an expired Car license from the US, so i would probably have to take the lessons. But I was actually able to convince the police translator in HZ that my license was also for motorcycles and in Zhuji they don't seem to care that its expired... If i go anywhere besides Zhuji I'll have to work my way around both those issues again.
    Will the Zongshen RX3 survive??http://kelleyssilkroad.blogspot.com/

2. #412 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    First post here.

Awesome forum! In relation to this thread, I am from Australia and will be holidaying in China soon.

Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to transfer an Australian Car and Motorcycle License into a Chinese one?
    I read that you must have a 90 day min stay visa, But other than that does the process still take a month when transferring an overseas license?

I am hoping to be able to tour the country on a moto with my wife, Cheers.

Banned
    Gidday mate

90 days is often not enough and also you need go thru all the BS that takes time and you must pass the 100 question test that's not sooo simple
    In GZ there's a way to get it in one day 8800¥ yes that's correct a ton of cash
    Pm me should you want to go down that route and it's limited on what day and time etc
    Easy maybe but still little complex
    Welcome to China

4. #414 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I have a question for you shanghai residents. It turns out that Im going to have to travel there to take my test and I also need to go to a driving school.
    Has anyone gone this route recently? Does anyone know of a driving school certified to take foreign students? I've done a few searches and found a few that seem to fit the bill but they are not answering their phone.... Could it be because my phone number isn't from Shanghai?
    Also it seems that the requirements have changed recently. I think in the past the driving school could be completed in a few days but now it might require more time. Does anyone know anything about this?

I spoke to the agency NZBreaklathes mentioned and almost decided to use them. They seem legit but really quite pointless. They can help if you don't have a foreign license but it costs an additional 5000yuan. You have to travel to a city somewhere in the south of China and personally hand in your documents to the police. I was offered a spots in Haikou and Guangdong. So basically the high price is for one of those police residence certificates in a city offering the test in English and a pass on the test.

5. #415 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Jackson,
    I just called Shanghai Junti Peixun Driving School on their complaint hotline, because nobody answered the registration hotline.
    The guy said foreigners can register, but the new regulation requires a second written test (on the computer) for everybody. This second written test for motorcycles is currently only available in Chinese. For the car endorsement it is already available in English in the big cities (SH, BJ). He did not know if or when the second written test for motorcycles will be available in English in the future.
    Please note: This is unconfirmed information!

I will go to their registration office on Saturday, check out the teaching material and clarify details. Will keep you updated.

Besides Junti Peixun, did you find other schools? I didn't.
    Last edited by xiaofei; 03-27-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Shineray X2
    Zongshen CQR250
    Zhanying 125

6. #416 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaofei View Post
    Hi Jackson,
    I just called Shanghai Junti Peixun Driving School on their complaint hotline, because nobody answered the registration hotline.
    The guy said foreigners can register, but the new regulation requires a second written test (on the computer) for everybody. This second written test for motorcycles is currently only available in Chinese. For the car endorsement it is already available in English in the big cities (SH, BJ). He did not know if or when the second written test for motorcycles will be available in English in the future.

I will go to their registration office on Saturday, check out the teaching material and clarify details. Will keep you updated.

It's sad that over a year later and they still haven't gotten this motorcycle test translated and/or distributed to the rest of the nation (how hard can it be?). I took the written car test a few weeks back studied the first 53 pages and scored a 92 in 20 minutes. I really really want to drive a motorcycle around!

7. #417 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Jackson,

It's sad that over a year later and they still haven't gotten this motorcycle test translated and/or distributed to the rest of the nation (how hard can it be?). I took the written car test a few weeks back studied the first 53 pages and scored a 92 in 20 minutes. I really really want to drive a motorcycle around!

8. #418 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ok, I went yesterday (Sunday afternoon). That was too late. Only the teacher has the teaching material and he is only there on Saturday mornings, class starts at 9am, so it's better to be there before 9.
    The baoming lady confirmed, that she didn't know if or when a translation is coming.
    Further infos:
    D = 2500 RMB
    E = 1500 RMB
    F = 1000 RMB
    Weekend Traffic Rules Training: 50 RMB/day (not sure how many days one needs, but it should be reasonable (well TIC, it might not be reasonable...)
    The teacher phone number is 5665113.
    Shineray X2
    Zongshen CQR250
    Zhanying 125

9. #419 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    I have a agent help you do all that for 1500¥ in Shanghai or I was offered a one day service car and bike license no test all correct etc for 8800¥ in Guangzhou
    Sure not easy!
    Can you send me the contacts of the agent? I have a HK and UK bike license, but with the new regulations it is not possible to take an English bike test in Beijing. If there's an agent that can help out I would happily hand over the cash.

10. #420 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    The website is www.china-driver-license.com/‎

I wrote about them here a few weeks ago. Keep in mind that you'll have to travel to some city probably in the south of china with your docs.

Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 223240414243445262 ... LastLast