Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 93949575859606169 ... LastLast
  1. #581 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Possibly. You could be right.

As far as data sharing goes, who knows, maybe... but TIC LFZ, and as most of us regulars know all too well, every little part of PRC acts as its own little kingdo0m.

However, in the case of residing elsewhere while being registered as per the applicable passport residence visa in a different location, it is very possible to also rent/live some place else on a part-time basis.

As an example, Mon-Fri the person lives and works in location A, then on weekends travels to a nearby destination to reside for the weekend (because they prefer the climate, the location [for whatever reason]) in location B. If one rents or stays in a hotel for these weekends in location B, then either way that individual must be registered with the PSB. In the case of an approved hotel that is done automatically, in the case of a residence, the individual needs to undertake this task.

This could be a very feasible option for a foreigner working in SH as example. Live & work in SH Mon-Fri, then travel to Hangzhou or Ningbo to stay for weekends, both of which offer better environments, tourist sites and quality of life than big SH. Bus and trains can easily get the person between SH - HZ or NB in several hours making either destination a doable weekend escape. Actually in reality many SH plated vehicles can be seen in NB on weekends, seeing as the HZ Bay Bridge makes NB a very accessible destination in only 3 hours travel time.

I'm not saying the idea(s) definitely work, but by the same token I wouldn't discount them either. It depends on so many factors - no one situation or circumstance fits all.

TIC LFZ...

YMMV.
    Yes I understand the temporary residency. To renew my license I had to present a document that showed I had residency in the city and temporary residency would not have been sufficient. Where I am they do everything to stop or block you, when eventually you pull in all your guanxi and have every piece of paper signed and sealed, then reluctantly some document is issued. If Mfarrens came to my city he'd have zero chance.

I mean it's China, anything is possible, I agree.

What we can say is;

If you are intending to ride a motorcycle in China and want a Chinese license for heaven's sake transfer your car and motorcycle entitlements at the same time.

2. #582 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I have been registered as living someplace else 20 times in the last 1/2 year ??? every time I book into a hotel you are registered with the PSB. I think ZMC888 is right about your passport number on your Chinese DL it would be flagged ??? But how hard is it to get a new Passport , if you need a Chinese's DL that bad.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #583 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    I recently tried going down the route of getting the license in Chongqing also a no go. As I need to have a perminant residency permit in order to obtain a license. I actually just found out now as I called the guy to make sure, luckily I did because the first time my girlfriend called him and she didn't know the different between the permanent and temporary resident permits. He had already told her the situation of the permits and she misunderstood, that misunderstanding got me excited for 2 weeks thinking I can get the license there.

Anyway,
    I'm back to square one again

4. #584 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post
    I recently tried going down the route of getting the license in Chongqing also a no go. As I need to have a perminant residency permit in order to obtain a license. I actually just found out now as I called the guy to make sure, luckily I did because the first time my girlfriend called him and she didn't know the different between the permanent and temporary resident permits. He had already told her the situation of the permits and she misunderstood, that misunderstanding got me excited for 2 weeks thinking I can get the license there.

Anyway,

Hi Josh

You got me thinking what type of permit do I have !!! Now mine only says at the top

Residence permit for foreigner in the people Republic of China

It good for 1 year this one and was ok to get my DL with this permit

For me to get perminant residency permit i need to do 5 years under the permit i am on now and be here in China for at least 8 months of each year to get a perminant residency permit
    and if there decide you are ok

so i dont think many people have a perminant residency permit

I think its not what type you have but the "Purpose of Residence" in my case was Family reunion ??? and i am not Chinese by the way

But i could be wrong
    Last edited by prince666; 05-24-2015 at 11:05 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #585 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post

Anyway,
    Yeah I also only have a temporary residence permit too. I recently just extended my license so I don't believe the rules have changed sounds like whoever is talked to your girlfriend is talking crap.

I haven't investigated permanent residency recently, last time I did, it was very expensive and really for senior company executives, married to a local. Very few of those around outside massive cities.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Yeah I also only have a temporary residence permit too. I recently just extended my license so I don't believe the rules have changed sounds like whoever is talked to your girlfriend is talking crap.

I haven't investigated permanent residency recently, last time I did, it was very expensive and really for senior company executives, married to a local. Very few of those around outside massive cities.
    I heard a Canadian married to Chinese turned Canadian buying and apartment and living in one city 2 years obtaining a 5 year or 10 year green card? Not the tourist visa thing as I'm sure this was before this law
    Buying a house got them the status needed to live here or something

7. #587 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Here's my pickle:
    I do not have licence from my country, however i got one in Thailand recently(easy peasy an cheap).
    Does anyone have a first hand experience with that?
    Ive been told its possible for Chinese nationals to convert thaipicence to proper chinese , but
    with laowai you never know....
    I live in small 3-4 tier city, where I used to get instant 'mei you' at DMV just because they had no idea how to deal with me. "You cant apply for a licence in China", "we dont have tests in English" etc...
    Another thing is residency permit, does sit have to be valid 6 or 3months?
    thanks for help

Sorry for double, crappy wifi, can someone delete one of my posts pls?

8. #588 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Here's my pickle:
    I do not have licence from my country, however i got one in Thailand recently(easy peasy an cheap).
    Does anyone have a first hand experience with that?
    Ive been told its possible for Chinese nationals to convert thai licence to proper chinese , but
    with laowai you never know....
    I live in small 3-4 tier city, where I used to get instant 'mei you' at DMV just because they had no idea how to deal with me. "You cant apply for a licence in China", "we dont have tests in English" etc...
    Another thing is residency permit, does sit have to be valid 6 or 3months?
    thanks for help

9. #589 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Last guy I know who presented a fake licence from Thailand got told
    " this is a fake licence from Thailand , go away"

10. #590 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    Last guy I know who presented a fake licence from Thailand got told
    " this is a fake licence from Thailand , go away"
    I never said i have a fake

Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 93949575859606169 ... LastLast