Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 233341424344455363 ... LastLast
  1. #421 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Today I asked at the Hamilu DMV and nobody knew, if or when a translation of the second test is coming. But I spoke to the beautiful Jane Shao at Yiqi Motorcycle Co. next to the DMV and she confirmed that it is only 800 questions, multiple choice, one correct answer. If you know a bit Chinese, you can try to memorize the correct answers. At least, that is a 100% legal way and it's probably cheaper than the agent (if that matters).
    Btw, Jane also said, that besides Junti there would be only Jinqiu offering (3-wheel-)motorcycle classes. But as I already called them, I can confirm that it is still only Junti. Jinqiu discontinued the classes.
    Shineray X2
    Zongshen CQR250
    Zhanying 125

2. #422 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What do you mean by "cheaper than an agent?"

3. #423 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ywaik View Post
    What do you mean by "cheaper than an agent?"
    I am referring to that agent:

Quote Originally Posted by rolders View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    I have a agent help you do all that for 1500¥ in Shanghai or I was offered a one day service car and bike license no test all correct etc for 8800¥ in Guangzhou
    Sure not easy!
    Can you send me the contacts of the agent? I have a HK and UK bike license, but with the new regulations it is not possible to take an English bike test in Beijing. If there's an agent that can help out I would happily hand over the cash.
    Shineray X2
    Zongshen CQR250
    Zhanying 125

4. #424 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rolders View Post
    Can you send me the contacts of the agent? I have a HK and UK bike license, but with the new regulations it is not possible to take an English bike test in Beijing. If there's an agent that can help out I would happily hand over the cash.
    If you already have a foreign driving license with a motorcycle endorsement (e.g,. UK), the process is simple, and you only need to write one exam, in English. That exam, however, requires preparation ... it is not an easy exam.

You have three choices:

1) read through this thread to learn how it is done;
    2) find a DL agent on The Beijinger website; or,
    3) Pay me that 8,800 and I will walk you through every step (just joking ... kinda).

Seriously, it is very easy to do in Beijing if you already have an endorsement. It is complicated only if you do not have an existing endorsement.

5. #425 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Seriously, it is very easy to do in Beijing if you already have an endorsement. It is complicated only if you do not have an existing endorsement.
    Exactly.
    I have no motorcycle endorsement from my home country. Getting one is not an option due to the much higher fees (around 2,500-3,000 EUR) and limited time (30+ hours on the bike, extensive traffic rules training). I did the D license in Beijing in 2011 (3 months, 2,400 RMB, Laoshan) and passed. Unfortunately I had to cancel that license in 2012, when I wanted to transfer my home country car endorsement and was informed it's impossible. A Chinese DL can only be issued ONCE. Afterwards new endorsements can only be added by going to a driving school and doing the road test etc. As I didn't want to do my car endorsement in a Chinese driving school (8,000 RMB), I cancelled the D license, transferred my C1 license, waited another year (stupid rule), then left the country due to an unforseen (yet favourable) job change, came back to China another year later (2014) to a different city with a new passport, changed the passport number in Beijing and the address in Shanghai and now ladies and gentlemen I will redo the D license with the Chinese written exam.
    Complicated enough?
    Shineray X2
    Zongshen CQR250
    Zhanying 125

6. #426 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    May be these links can help if you are a HK residence with a HK driving license.
    http://www.chinadriverslicense.com/
    http://www.china-driving-license.com...nesedriver.htm

7. #427 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    If you already have a foreign driving license with a motorcycle endorsement (e.g,. UK), the process is simple, and you only need to write one exam, in English. That exam, however, requires preparation ... it is not an easy exam.

You have three choices:

1) read through this thread to learn how it is done;
    2) find a DL agent on The Beijinger website; or,
    3) Pay me that 8,800 and I will walk you through every step (just joking ... kinda).

I don't have a motorcycle license from my country either, but this "agent" way doesn't sound remotely legal and I want to do it fully the legal way haha.

Banned
    There's a way it's done in Haikou legalish but you pay 8800¥ car bike or 6500¥ car only

9. #429 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    There's a way it's done in Haikou legalish but you pay 8800¥ car bike or 6500¥ car only
    Having been licensed through the normal legal channels in both Beijing and Shanghai, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would think it necessary to sneak down to Haikou and pay an agent 8800 RMB. While this might be quasi legal, that probably means it's also quasi illegal. What's more, that price of 8800 sure looks like a "dupe the gullible foreigner" price.

A big part of the price of living in China -- and the inherent satisfaction -- is learning how to get things done. Paying bribes to open back channels does not count. As Lao Jia Huo has said, read through this thread and figure it out. Everyone's experience will differ, as the system is not highly standardized across China, and is being implemented by low-rung bureaucrat saps who have little incentive to see you through to success. But, with persistence and bit of good humor and ingenuity, it can be done.

euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #430 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Having been licensed through the normal legal channels in both Beijing and Shanghai, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would think it necessary to sneak down to Haikou and pay an agent 8800 RMB. While this might be quasi legal, that probably means it's also quasi illegal. What's more, that price of 8800 sure looks like a "dupe the gullible foreigner" price.

A big part of the price of living in China -- and the inherent satisfaction -- is learning how to get things done. Paying bribes to open back channels does not count. As Lao Jia Huo has said, read through this thread and figure it out. Everyone's experience will differ, as the system is not highly standardized across China, and is being implemented by low-rung bureaucrat saps who have little incentive to see you through to success. But, with persistence and bit of good humor and ingenuity, it can be done.

euphonius

Yes well said !! Took me 2 years to sort out my legal Chinese DL but in the
    End I can ride with a big smile on my face and only cost about 500 Rmb with all the cost I had to pay out for stuff like translation ect I say this do it right or don't do it at all ! Or go to jail
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 233341424344455363 ... LastLast