1. #401 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamo View Post
    Congratulations. :)
    Thanks a lot..

2. #402 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krismoto View Post
    Finally got everything right and passed my test on the second sitting scoring 91. Got the license issued immediately, was suprised at that efficiency. Special thanks goes to "Euphonius" for his wise counsels and advice. Also a big thanks to whoever created that "drive in china" exam app for ipads n iphones. Was well the mere $2 i spent to purchase it. Now i can get my plates and ride legal. Also thinking of a car by next year. C1E class put to good use. Thanks everyone. License pic attached for your viewing.
    Congrats... I've taken the liberty to adulterate your photo, 'cause posting up full disclosure photos of pretty much anything in PRC - is often asking for trouble... so might be worthwhile deleting your photo D/L. Not to steal any of your thunder...

koolcat.JPG

If you go on to buy a bike with legal plate etc, worth being mindful of editing the plate etc in any photos you might like to share here etc. Just a friendly word of caution.

3. #403 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks a lot "bikerdoc" for the advice. Have removed the original and replaced it with the adulterated one. Didn't know that also looking for trouble. Thanks a lot bro.

Banned
    Anyone got temporary license? The one valid for length of Visa?

5. #405 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    An update on getting a license in Zhuji, Zhejiang.

I mentioned that they had allowed me to sign up for the test in Zhuji but when I arrived they once again told me that they didn't have the motorcycle test in English. The original guys then claimed to think I wanted the car test which was clearly just a face saving maneuver. So I guess thats the end of the line in Zhuji. In case I didn't mention, Shaoxing also doesn't have the motorcycle test in English or Chinese.

So, now I'm stuck. Where do people usually go in Zhejiang to take the english motorcycle test? My co-worker's girlfriend's family lives in Ningbo. My friend in Hangzhou moved away so that's going to be a difficult option.

Any advice?
    Will the Zongshen RX3 survive??http://kelleyssilkroad.blogspot.com/

6. #406 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Just go back with a translator, and agree to take the test in Chinese, with the translator beside you. This used to be standard operating procedure before tests were offered in English and other languages. Explain that this is an entirely acceptable compromise plan unless they can provide the test in English, as many other cities do. Don't take "no" for an answer. Be polite, but persistent.

And be sure your are being tested for a C1E or C1D, or you are just wasting your time and will end up with a C1, which does not allow motorcycling.

good luck
    euphonius
    Last edited by euphonius; 12-31-2013 at 06:51 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #407 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I have 2 ideas:

1- U go to Hangzhou next week end, stop at the 1st flat rental agency and find the cheapest apartment in Hangzhou and rent it for 2-3 months, get the temporary residence paper and get ur license there on week ends or when ever u can, this option would work 100% sure but will cost u a few thousands and a few week ends.

2- At the same time, I can go to the police station near my flat and BS them that u live on my coach for a few months and need the residency paper but I ain't sure they'll give it that way if ur name ain't on the residency contract, but I can ask them and see if that works. Then if it does that's a bit of a trip for ur lessons, but if u have foreign moto license then u only need to come twice. Once u come with me to the police and get the paper then run to the traffic center and do medical check up + register for a test in a couple weeks, then again in 2 weeks to pass. If u don't have foreign license, then up to u as for me it's the same, I'd only need to come to the police station with u once.

Edit:

I hadn't see euphonius' post up here, yea, don't let them tell u "no can do", after u stand there saying "keyi" a thousand times someone will get bored and will let u do what u want.

Also regarding going to HZ to get the residency paper, I know u could get the residency paper from hotels in the past, they had to give it to u, dunno about now, but then maybe u could try that before anything, go to HZ, stay in a hotel one night or 2, get the residency paper, then straight to HZ's traffic center see if that works, then go for a boat tour on the lake and a nice restaurant..
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

Banned
    I have a agent help you do all that for 1500¥ in Shanghai or I was offered a one day service car and bike license no test all correct etc for 8800¥ in Guangzhou
    Sure not easy!

9. #409 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    I have a agent help you do all that for 1500¥ in Shanghai or I was offered a one day service car and bike license no test all correct etc for 8800¥ in Guangzhou
    Sure not easy!
    1. Find a legal 2nd hand bike or find a way to buy a new one and get it registered and insured.
    2. Exhaust all avenues in your local area to obtain Chinese driving license.

Banned
    I know - just passing on what I know as this chap might find the options usefull
    Me well I'm not sure
    See you tonight? Yes Bar?

Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 213139404142435161 ... LastLast