Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23536371727374 LastLast
    There is an agent in South Korea who arranges to do a English language international motorcycle license there.
    With that you can convert into a Chinese bike license.
    At least in BJ the bike license theory and formalities are in Chinese only.
    I know at least one guy with fluent Chinese skills who still preferred to go the Korean way.

For agent contact in Wechat send me PM

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

2. #722 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    I PM'd you. @ShuBen

3. #723 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everyone. Interesting thread. Is it hard to get license in general?

4. #724 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    International Driving Licenses are of no use in China. You need a foreign license for motorcycles and you need to do the written test, which I believe they now have in English. If you do not have a foreign motorcycle license you will have to sit the whole test, this will be in Chinese. You also need to check up on the status of your visa as I believe they will not issue a license for tourist visas..

Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    There is an agent in South Korea who arranges to do a English language international motorcycle license there.
    With that you can convert into a Chinese bike license.
    At least in BJ the bike license theory and formalities are in Chinese only.
    I know at least one guy with fluent Chinese skills who still preferred to go the Korean way.

For agent contact in Wechat send me PM

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. #725 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello everyone:

This is my first message in the forum! I've been checking on Mychinamoto for a while, since i wanted to start riding, but didn't have a chinese license, or even a valid motorcycle license back home. I've just started doing it from scratch and i believe sharing my experience could be of some help for someone in my same situation.

First, I want to say thay i live in Songjiang, (Shanghai) so likewise most people here, a 户A or 户 C plate is unaffordable for me, therefore I intend to go with the second best option, being fully legal but carry an out-of-town plate.

My main concern was wether an english test was available or not, so I asked at a driving school, where they firstly told me that they didn't know (pretty funny, because this is their business).
    After pushing them a bit, they made a phone call and told me that an english version was indeed available, i felt kind of skeptical about it, since the info I got from the internet said opposite, including this forum.
    Anyway, I decided to give it a try and signed up for the exam.

I got my exam date appointed for subjects 1 and 4, the written part. Once at the examination place, the officer who was about to assignate me a computer in the exam room asked if I wanted to do it in english or even in my mother tongue, and I said english was fine, relieved because it finally seemed like actually there was an english version.

Right after that, he probably got and error in the computer and he said: well, there is no english, but your wife can come in and translate it for you.

So we did, and I managed to pass both tests... I don't know if this was an exception... because even the officer there thought there was an english version in the beginning, but there wasn't. Probably not many foreigners have tried before at that location...but well, that's how it turned out to be. Hope this helps if anyone is doubting about giving it a go, like I was... Now wish me luck for the practical part :-D

Cheers!

6. #726 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    So.. All's well that ends well.
    Frankly it's amazing they do actually have foreign language test for expats over here. Do other countries do this? ( I remember Egypt Did, but then the test was "can you drive a car?").. Long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisuerga View Post
    Hello everyone:

This is my first message in the forum! I've been checking on Mychinamoto for a while, since i wanted to start riding, but didn't have a chinese license, or even a valid motorcycle license back home. I've just started doing it from scratch and i believe sharing my experience could be of some help for someone in my same situation.

First, I want to say thay i live in Songjiang, (Shanghai) so likewise most people here, a 户A or 户 C plate is unaffordable for me, therefore I intend to go with the second best option, being fully legal but carry an out-of-town plate.

My main concern was wether an english test was available or not, so I asked at a driving school, where they firstly told me that they didn't know (pretty funny, because this is their business).
    After pushing them a bit, they made a phone call and told me that an english version was indeed available, i felt kind of skeptical about it, since the info I got from the internet said opposite, including this forum.

I got my exam date appointed for subjects 1 and 4, the written part. Once at the examination place, the officer who was about to assignate me a computer in the exam room asked if I wanted to do it in english or even in my mother tongue, and I said english was fine, relieved because it finally seemed like actually there was an english version.

Right after that, he probably got and error in the computer and he said: well, there is no english, but your wife can come in and translate it for you.

So we did, and I managed to pass both tests... I don't know if this was an exception... because even the officer there thought there was an english version in the beginning, but there wasn't. Probably not many foreigners have tried before at that location...but well, that's how it turned out to be. Hope this helps if anyone is doubting about giving it a go, like I was... Now wish me luck for the practical part :-D

Cheers!

7. #727 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisuerga View Post
    Hello everyone:

Cheers!
    you are luck mate :D

8. #728 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    @Pisuerga:
    Congrats, you are really lucky! May I ask at what location you did the computer-based exam? Thanks!
    I am in a similar situation like you. The only motorbike driving school in Shanghai-Pudong, that even take foreigners for driving lessons, told me, that the theory exam ist only available in Chinese (obviously true, also got the same info from the government and this forum) and there is no work-around possible; even no "translator" allowed in the test room to support... But maybe Pudong test center is more strict than others. I remember for my car license (C1), done in 2009, the computer-based test was in Minhang district, at time seemingly the only location with English test available. In general I would also open to any grey area / short-cut solution with an agent. But it seems nowadays no one in Shanghai/China is not willing to do that anymore. I contacted several agents, everybody said it is impossible.... cannot belive that. So if anyone has a tip/hint - Thank You very much!

9. #729 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    @NotSoEasyRider

Sorry for the late reply!
    Both tests, computer and practical were taken in Songjiang, the place is not dedicated to motorcycles but also cars, and pretty much all sort of driving licenses, so it won't be difficult to find. I am not sure wether you can go to the exams on your own... probably you need to sign up for a driving school nearby.

Good luck!

10. #730 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello,

So I was 1 test away from completing my uk license. Then covid hit. Does anyone know a training school in Hangzhou or shanghai?