Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91927282930313949 ... LastLast
  1. #281 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeater View Post
    I had a little set back today. Trying to apply to make the license since quite a while now. First I was told that after my cars drivers license I would have to wait one year before I can do anything else, including the motorbike. Now that the time has come they tell me I can not add a "lower" license to my cars license, only a higher one. I would have to cancel the license I have, first make the motorbike and add the car again. WTF??? Earlier they had no english motorbike exams... now some driving schools even tell me the county is not issuing any license any more... -Guandong, Huzhou
    whenever someone behind a counter tells you something we assume they know what they are talking about and its a fact as policy...no no no....its the guys f...ing option.....everyone is told something different ....the truth is...if they havent been involved directly with any single process ..then it cant be done!!!

ive had plenty of girls angry at me for asking them to 'please ask another person'...they say "what you dont believe me"?...no i dont think that person knows....... i think the best is to keeping asking,,,then ask someone else...until you get the answer you want...

i first got the car lic. then i got the moto...moto was more difficult. was told i couldn't get either one...but i did. i had to take two seperate tests,,but only computer....the moto one i had to keep pursuing the avenues with the traffic police until they would let me take the test... i have a unexpired moto lic. from my country..that did help.

keep trying ...everytime a foreinger gets a lic. an angel gets his wings.....no..really it makes it easier for the next guy!

2. #282 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum. Its good to see there is such an alive community in china that is eager to drive bikes despite all the troubles that "living in china" can put in your way.
    My buddy slenderman pretty much described whats our plan already
    We would like to get bikes to do some weekend trips and maybe a few "bigger" roadtrips around the country.
    My friend has a car/motorcycle license from italy and plans to transfer that to an C1E license very soon, - he just faced the fact that there was an update on the test questions and till now there is no english version available.

My problem is, that i have a german car license but no motorcycle license. I did some research and found out that you can make a motorcycle license in shanghai from scratch with a little effort.
    I have a residence permit and all necessary papers. What I couldnt find till now is a driving school that teaches in english. that seems to not exist.
    Does anyone know the procedure and has some useful contacts on how i could get a chinese motorcycle license?

How careful do they check the translated original at the test center? I was thinking just going there and apply for a C1E license right away, see what happens
    I know how to drive a bike and if there is a way to get that license without all the hassle of finding a school and do lessons etc... would also be appreciated.

3. #283 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    as the chinese local guys will tell you "everyone knows how to ride a motorcycle" but they still have to go through many of the loops of testing and coaching that is required.. when you have your lic. translated..you will pay 150 kuai to have it done by a respected agency. they actually go to your country website of motor vehicle to translate the info...like my lic. is based on weight of vehicle..in china it is the number of people in the vehicle..so they make shift what they can.... ok dif. for moto..but dif. if you dont have moto lic in your country...they probably require a driving test...good luck.... i had to do two seperate lic. but no driving because my moto lic in my country was not expired...

4. #284 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden boy View Post
    My problem is, that i have a german car license but no motorcycle license. I did some research and found out that you can make a motorcycle license in shanghai from scratch with a little effort.I have a residence permit and all necessary papers. What I couldnt find till now is a driving school that teaches in english. that seems to not exist.Does anyone know the procedure and has some useful contacts on how i could get a chinese motorcycle license?
    A mate did his full motorbike license here in Shanghai some years ago and had to go to Xiao Kunshan Driving School to complete the full learning cycle and classes (Driving and Theory). He was allowed to use an employee from his company as translator for the Chinese theory lessons. The actual test was done at the old Vehicle Manangment Bureau (Minhang District). Might help to visit the Shanghai Vehicle Managment Bureau in Puxi or Pudong and enquire but you might get different answers from different people as always.... TIC.

edit: Xiao Kunshan Driving School, Shanghai, Songjiang, Zhongshan East Rd 中山东路202‎ (phone 021-57715301) might be still operating but has been a few years since my mate went there......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden boy View Post
    How careful do they check the translated original at the test center? I was thinking just going there and apply for a C1E license right away, see what happens. I know how to drive a bike and if there is a way to get that license without all the hassle of finding a school and do lessons etc... would also be appreciated.
    they translate the overseas driving license down to the dot and quite knowledgable about overseas driving license and vehicle classes, requirements and restrictions.one word of advice, do not fall for the dodgy fly by night visa and driving license services advertising on the internet or in various boards.....
    Last edited by TB-Racing; 03-20-2013 at 07:58 AM.

5. #285 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    Police deny they limit driving tests

Shanghai Daily / Mar 21, 2013

SHANGHAI traffic police said yesterday that they do not limit the number of people taking driving tests after some local driving schools blamed the prolonged examination cycle and decrease in new students on police restrictions.

Police said any disruption is caused by the more demanding tests and large number of people who signed up for driving school late last year. In China, driving school training is required before taking the tests.

"There's no such thing as a restriction," said an official with the Shanghai Traffic Police. Police said they and traffic administration are also working on a plan that will "enforce the standard time for learning using training vehicles to ensure the quality of the teaching." The plan will be released by year's end.

The number of students taking the tests dropped about one-third this year, compared with the same period last year. A total of 72,928 people have taken the tests this year, said police, with another 36,241 still waiting to take the tests.

The higher number of those waiting was caused by a sudden surge of students trying to get into the driving schools at year's end as the schools said tuition would increase with the new, stricter traffic law taking effect this year.

The passing rate for the driving exam plunged this year as the tests added new items in line with the stricter law. That left no room for new students because the ones who failed were retaking the course.

On the section on driving theory taken with computers, the passing rate slid to 76 percent from the previous 90 percent, police said. The road tests dropped from 85 percent to 48 percent at some testing centers.

Police expected that the bulge will ease after the current students gradually pass the tests.

Big changes are expected among driving schools this year, industry sources said, with schools that are lax in teaching expected to be weeded out.

"We'd like to see an increase in driver abilities, especially for the rookies, and fewer accidents caused by poor driving skills," said Li Hui, an officer with city traffic police.

6. #286 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    they translate the overseas driving license down to the dot and quite knowledgable about overseas driving license and vehicle classes, requirements and restrictions.one word of advice, do not fall for the dodgy fly by night visa and driving license services advertising on the internet or in various boards.....
    As TB Racing said,
    They translate your foreign licence exactly - most of the time.
    However, when I had my UK licence (car, big car, bus, truck, bike, big bike, friggin' steam roller !, , ,, ) translated, stupid bint, didn't put down about my motorbike details.
    Her "reason" was, well why do you want to drive a motorbike, when you have a car licence.
    She just didn't get it.

Any way, what I am saying is, just make sure your translated document regarding you home country licence categories are translated "like for like" with nothing missed.

Gra

7. #287 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Nothing to do with bikes, but cars.

My wife went to take her car test last Monday.
    She had been practicing for a month.

Paralell reverse parking - no problem
    Revers into parking space from right and left - no problem
    Hill start - no problem
    "S" road = no problem
    Left turn - no problem.
    These are the 5 things the students are tested on.

Fay was eleventh in line at the test center, she failed.
    As did nine of the ten who went before her.

So it is looking like a 10% pass rate.
    We didn't hang around to see if others wer passing of failing.
    They test 110 students at 8:00am start,
    Another 110 students at 11:00am start,
    Another 110 students at 14:00pm start,
    Another group of students at 16:30:00pm start,

She stopped 50mm too soon on the hill start - fail.

Now she needs wait 20 days, to redo the test again.

Gra.

8. #288 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I have a question about license plate: I have three motos in a girls name. of course i paid for them but had to put in her name for lic. plate... can i now get a receipt from her (as if i bought it) for each moto...to convert to my name on the plates? what do you all think??
    thanks

9. #289 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Probably easier than a sex change...

If you have legal residency, it's probably doable. However, you may need to show the original fapiao to prove that the girl has title. Does she or you still have all the original paperwork?

Good luck with it!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #290 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Probably easier than a sex change...

If you have legal residency, it's probably doable. However, you may need to show the original fapiao to prove that the girl has title. Does she or you still have all the original paperwork?

Good luck with it!
    thanks....i have all the original paperwork etc....I only have tourist visa, been here two years. but have an established residence here and registered with the local police and of course driver lic.

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91927282930313949 ... LastLast