Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71725262728293747 ... LastLast
  1. #261 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    ok...so much said about licenses etc...I have my license and im confused about what is happening to foreign friends...one who took the written test, then the driving test..then was waiting for the agent to give his license only to be told there is a second test..now the new year and you- all are saying only in chinese...crazy shit for sure. he said he took the written which was onlly 50 questions...is that true for anyone else...? i took mine it was one hundred questions last march. having said that.... are there 50question tests?? and is there a second written test? why two written tests?
    thanks in advance

2. #262 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I got a call today from the police to come and have the second writing test tomorrow cos they have it in English now, but they also said that I had to come asap cos something might change soon and they want me to do it now.........weird.
    Anyway, keep your fingers crossed tomorrow mornings guys ;)

kikikillercat - I had 50 questions and 40min to do them.

3. #263 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    thanks for the info....i had 100 questions and 60 minutes to do it.
    cant wait to hear you actually took the test in english in January..
    i already got a photo ticket for going the wrong way on a one way street..100kuai fine..damn if i saw the sign... they have put up many cameras in the past 6 months..before nothing.....
    i may cover my plate like the locals do...he he

4. #264 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    ...i may cover my plate like the locals do...he he
    Feeling your pain! Covering your plate is a 200 RMB fine and points! Riders are getting more sophisticated about how they accomplish this -- letting a rag or a bag strap or other item fall conveniently over the plate, "inadvertently" covering up one or two digits....
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #265 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    You may want to rethink that strategy off covering the license plate... it used to be something that was not seen as that big of a deal... times change and it is now a BIG deal.

If one is caught with a covered plate or altered in any way or a fabricated plate then it is a criminal offence. It wasn't that before, it was a traffic offence but it is a criminal offence having changed a year ago. And the consequences... I know someone first hand who was found with a little sticker strategically placed on one letter on the plate so it kind of obscured the letter... one day the traffic police were running number plates through hand held devices at intersections and that was when the big trouble began... vehicle impounded... fine CNY1500 and points, 6 if I remember correctly... this was over a year ago. This was for someone who is a big fish with plenty of Guanxi. If they did not have the Guanxi they had, the person would have faced some prison time (mandatory 14 days I seem to recall), and likely a bigger fine and loss of vehicle for longer. Not to mention that the sticker had to be removed, photos were taken by the PSB both before and after.

So go ahead alter your plate, but you do so at your own risk. Would you do such a thing in your own country? I'd hope not, so why tempt fate and do so here.

Yes, the laws and infrastructure may seem out of place, but this is a different country, so please have some respect.

6. #266 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    I know for sure, when the warmer weather returns to Weifang, I will be buying a bike.
    Certainly won't be planning on covering, or even riding without a number plate.

Gra.

7. #267 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I know for sure, when the warmer weather returns to Weifang, I will be buying a bike.
    Certainly won't be planning on covering, or even riding without a number plate.

Gra.
    Welllllll I would never alter my plate...i did see a group of police,,,no less than six around a car which looked like it was set up for road racing in GZ and the owner had place a different letter over one of the ones on the plate...which he did not do to the front...go figure..anyway..i didnt wait but im sure he was in for some serious consequences upon his return to his car..
    many people put a CD over the last two letter in Guilin or even a pack of cigarettes and drive around.
    Guilin has come out of the dark ages in the last six months..now many cameras and road dividers that were not present before........last year someone came from Beijing to see if Guilin qualifed as "the most beautiful city in China" ... so they have stepped up in many ways....

I was wondering about the call back for the second test one of the members listed..was it in English afterall?
    thanks

8. #268 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    I got a call today from the police to come and have the second writing test tomorrow cos they have it in English now, but they also said that I had to come asap cos something might change soon and they want me to do it now.........weird.
    Anyway, keep your fingers crossed tomorrow mornings guys ;)

kikikillercat - I had 50 questions and 40min to do them.

did you take a test in English?
    thanksssss

9. #269 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    did you take a test in English?
    thanksssss
    I did,

I guess the most common language for test taking after Chinese is English.

I seem to remember there was many different languages that one could select.

Gra.

10. #270 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Not quite relevant, but my wife Fay went for her car test today 06 02 2013, on the traffic department computer.
    She got a cool 100%

100 right out of 100 questions.

She says that the test I did, was much harder than the test she did.
    She has done the post January 2013 version of the test, which I believe, many complain about.

Gra.

Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71725262728293747 ... LastLast