Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1646566465666768 ... LastLast
  1. #651 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceart View Post
    ive gone to the place on hami lu in shanghai, and applied for a c1d license but they tell you know you have to do 2 tests one for motorcycle and one for chinese
    the motorcycle test is 50 questions and is now only in Chinese
    the car test is 100 questions and is available in english and Chinese
    and you have to do the motorcycle test first
    What bullshit, They will add free the Bike license when doing the whole process - I bet someone decided to just give you MAFFAN.
    If you got a full car and bike license back home you can do C1D which is the highest level. Unless your country has separate 3 wheeler license that is.

This is translated from the official website from the traffic management

Section II motor vehicle driver
      Article 19 Driving a motor vehicle shall obtain a motor vehicle driving
    license according to law.
      Apply for a motor vehicle driver's license, should be in line with the
    provisions of the State Council public security departments driving permit
    conditions; after passing the examination, the public security organs traffic
    management department issued to the corresponding category of motor vehicle
    driver's license.
      Holders of foreign motor vehicle driver's license, in line with the
    provisions of the State Council public security departments driving permit
    conditions, the public security organs of the traffic management department
    assessment qualified, can be issued to China's motor vehicle driver's
    license.

Here is the Chinese
    第二节 机动车驾驶人
      第十九条 驾驶机动车,应当依法取得机动车驾驶证。
      申请机动车驾驶证,应当符合国务院公安部门规定的驾驶许可条件;经考试合格
    后,由公安机关交通管理部门发给相应类别的机动车驾驶证。
      持有境外机动车驾驶证的人,符合国务院公安部门规定的驾驶许可条件,经公安机
    关交通管理部门考核合格的,可以发给中国的机动车驾驶证。
    驾驶人应当按照驾驶证载明的准驾车型驾驶机动车;驾驶机动车时,应当随身携带
    机动车驾驶证。

You will be issued with an equal license. Hiow ever it is not directly stated that you MUST or MUST only do Car etc.
    I would go back ask them for the ACTUAL law on this.

2. #652 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    Worst case comer to Chengdu I can do with you, for a fee

3. #653 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi - my name is Richard and I just found this forum which is great so thanks everyone. I am basically a 50 something guy who has been in Shanghai a number of years and achieved zero language skills. Last year I woke up one morning with the idea of riding a motorbike around Tibet. The bad news is that I have never ridden a motorbike before in my life so naturally I tried to find out how to do so in Shanghai. I eventually came to realise that there is no way for a foreigner to LEARN how to ride and get a licence in Shanghai (probably the whole of China). So therefore I went back to the UK a couple of times and took my CBT, Theory, Mod1 and Mod 2 certificates to get a 'Full Bike Licence' ( I think it's known as a category A) which is now nicely imprinted and part of my car licence. I then thought I could come back to Shanghai and transfer the licence over. So after much to-ing and fro-ing and calling the licence/test center in Hami Road (through 3 different friends) I have been 'categorically informed that the only way to get a bike licence is to transfer my current UK licence by taking the written exam in Chinese. Then I came across the MyChinaMoto forum and found the post by NZBrakelathes regarding the fact that I should be able to take a C1D test in English and get the full licence for car and bike transferred over. I thus printed out the Chinese and English info supplied and went back to the Hami Lu center along with 2 friends (fluent Chinese speakers) . I was (not so politely) informed that yes indeed there is such a thing as a C1D licence but this is in fact 2 TESTS THAT YOU MUST TAKE (ha ha ) - the 1st test is the written bike test in Chinese and the second test is the written car test in English !! Despite numerous 'discussions' on this issue the person at the counter and then her 'supervisor' refused to budge on this requirement and thus I am now definitely stuck in terms of getting a licence ! So it seems that my only 2 options are to either learn Chinese very fast or 'move' somewhere that has the test in English so I can take it there. I have a good friend from Wenzhou who has told me that they have the test in English in Wenzhou so I am looking at how I can get my temporary residence there in order to take the test. All things failing that I will be more than willing to come to Chengdu and visit NZBrakelathes ( yep - seriously) in order to get this ruddy licence. Of course if there are any other suggestions from other members I would love to hear it as this is a project having been almost 1 year and I don't want to give up ! Many thanks and regards - Richard

4. #654 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Hi Richard.
    And welcome to MCM
    From the sound of things you are haveing a hard time trying to get a legal Chinese C1E or C1D.
    Just visit NZBrakelathes he can sort it out.
    But not such thing as a free lunch.
    Last edited by prince666; 01-16-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Richard.
    And welcome to MCM
    From the sound of things you are haveing a hard time trying to get a legal Chinese C1E or C1E.
    Just visit NZBrakelathes he can sort it out.
    But not such thing as a free lunch.
    Richard, welcome. It might be difficult but stick on it. It will be worth all efforts.
    Here in Beijing you need to do on test only and that is in English possible.
    I didn't hear anything that it has changed to two tests.
    We have also licence agents here that handle everything for you and the fee is fair.
    If you want a Beijing agent contact send me a PM.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #656 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi ShuBen and Prince666 - thanks very much for your replies - Yeah in regards to the C1D - Not sure if it really does exist as 2 tests but given that is exactly the reply 'Icecart' got (mentioned in previous post) then I don't see any other option in Shanghai. My personal opinion is that the Shanghai authorities simply don't want to hand out any new licences for bikes - full stop. Judging from the attitude of the staff at the center in Hami Lu this would make sense. Everytime we tried to talk to someone they simply got out of the chair and walked off to the other end of the counters to pretend to be busy and not answer any questions. They even treid to tell me that there has NEVER been ANY test in English ! This was coming from the supervisor in the center. Oh well. So I will follow up on my friend in Wenzhou and keep this forum informed as and when. I have booked a ticket for 5th February which is basically the earliest I can get there. If that fails then I will gladly try in Beijing or Chengdu. Thanks for the info on Beijing ShuBen - much appreciated - if I choose to do that way I hope I can ask you for some contact details for an agent there. Thanks again :)

7. #657 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Why would people who love to ride motorbikes want to live in SH.
    Sounds like you are correct No new Chinese DL for anyone.
    Chin up Richard keep trying is the best way.
    Both the 2 member who can help are good guys and what to see you get a Chinese DL.

I need to get a IDP for a trip to OZ this year, but because I can't get an IDP in China.
    I sorted out my Thail motorbike and car driving license in Thailand in 1 day using my Chinese DL.
    It's just how some country's are.
    Good luck .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #658 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    If you think getting your license is hard, wait until they crush your dreams about riding in Tibet. That's not going to happen without spending a lot of money.

9. #659 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    As ChinaV says it's very hard to ride TIBET now.
    It's my understanding as of last year, western people can't travel by car/Bike from China into Tibet now.
    And you have to fly or go by train then rent a bike with a tour company and have all the correct paperwork to ride TIBET.
    The border is still open to western travellers coming from Nepal.
    It will be interesting to find out what information you come up with.

10. #660 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    One shitty update, I had a guy that applied for his bike only license but due to his visa only being to live and work in Shanghai was turned away.
    As far as converting it, the same rule may or may not apply - who knows till someone tries.
    THERE IS NO motorcycle ENGLISH test - I was smart and asked for something special and luckily was allowed to do it thus far. Trust me this wasn;'t easy it took my wife and I around 50 hours to manage to get 5 places and no guarantee of more etc etc etc
    Cluster Fark of rules and restrictions - if you have never lived here you CAN'T understand how simple things become so FARKING complex.

Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1646566465666768 ... LastLast