Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 122230313233344252 ... LastLast
  1. #311 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Am i reading that quite a few of these posts are from people taking their tests in Shanghai?

How is still possible to do this in SH when Wuhan wont allow it? Has Wuhan blind-sided us all by suddenly becoming a model for progressive Chinese cities? Or, am i just wrong? (far more likely)

2. #312 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    DISCUSSION open.... have a nice and relaxing weekend ahead.

Approval no longer required ...

May 17, 2013 SHANGHAI FAILY

THE State Council yesterday published a list of 71 items that no longer require central government approval or now only require consent from lower-level authorities.

The changes include some which will make it easier for foreign firms to do business in China.

For instance, foreign companies can register their permanent representative offices in China with provincial governments instead of the central government and they can apply to provincial governments to do business in China.

Also, foreigners will not need a police permit to travel in China in their own vehicles.

The State Council statement is intended to lower the benchmark for market entry, deepen investment structure reform, give full play to the market's role in resource distribution and inspire enterprises to use their own power for development, according to spokesmen from three government organs in charge of the removal of administrative approval items.

The removal of the obligation of securing central approval is part of efforts to cut government intervention in economic and social affairs.

According to the statement, companies that want to invest in civilian airport expansion, subway train production and the development of oil fields with an annual output of 1 million tons or more will no longer need government approval.

China will also tighten controls over the number of new administrative approval items, the spokesmen said.

More administrative approval items will be cancelled, especially those that have incurred complaints from the public and enterprises and have bearing on enterprises' operating costs and people's livelihoods, the spokesman said.

The removed items affect aspects of the economy and society from industry and agriculture to education and entertainment.

3. #313 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Huh? What on earth does that mean? The only "police permit" I carry when driving in China in/on my own vehicle is a driver's license and vehicle registration.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #314 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Huh? What on earth does that mean? The only "police permit" I carry when driving in China in/on my own vehicle is a driver's license and vehicle registration.
    Likewise but this is good news regardless. China is becoming slightly more tolerant of foreigners who have their own will.

5. #315 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Was told about this Apple app, which includes the new (2013) exam ...

http://www.dlen.decode-china.com/

Available in the Apple Store for iPhone & iPad (search the Apple Store for "Driving in China").

Apparently, the "official" paper test study-guide is still not available (in other languages, in Beijing), but the computerized exams are being offered in the 10 languages.

6. #316 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys,

Here is the latest status in Beijing:

The theory test now differs based on whether you have or have not a foreign bike license:

1) If you have a foreign motorcycle license, then it is possible to sit the test now in English language. If you have first obtained a Chinese drivers license, then the 1 year wait rule applies, and furthermore you have to cancel your existing Chinese driver's license and sit the exam again to get a combined license.

2) If you do not have a foreign motorcycle license, the first theory test you must past is not yet available in English. Latest feedback I have is that this will be ready "in a few months", if at all. Right now its Chinese-only, with no translator allowed due to fear of cheating.

7. #317 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I passed my DL exam last Wednesday in SH and just want to share my experience for updated infos here.

Euphonius asked me a few specific questions:

Has Shanghai finally updated its electronic exams to include English and other languages?
    Yes. I did the exam in English. Don't know about other languages.

Are they administering a motorcycle-specific exam in English? (For months they were saying these English exams were not ready yet.)
    I didn't have any motorcycle specific questions!

Has any aspect of the licensing and testing procedure changed significantly, or is it only the exam that's been updated?
    As far as I can tell, nothing apart from the questions has changed. My process was basically:
    - Do the Application with photo taking, medical check and get appointment for computer exam
    - wait 6 weeks
    - do the electronic exam, 100 questions/45 minutes
    - pay and wait 10 minutes
    - walk out with my newly printed freedom-slip

Was the process motorcycle-friendly, or did you still have to push hard to ensure that you got the D or E endorsement, rather than just the cage license?
    When I got my application sheet at first I didn't notice that it just said C1. As soon as I noticed, after taking the photos and before going to the med check, I went to the "police counter" (where you hand in all your documents and also get the DL at the end), I made sure that they know it says car AND moto on the translation, they updated C1D in the system and it all was fine. I got a C1D license now.
    Just check immediately what it says on your translation and on the first piece of paper you get when doing your application!

Did you convert a foreign drivers license or did you have to start from scratch? If the latter, what was the process for organizing a road test and what was the test like?
    I already had an italian license for cars and all kinds of motorcycles. So what I did was just a conversion to chinese DL.

8. #318 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    [QUOTE=ali_khl;57300]Hey guys,

Here is the latest status in Beijing:

The theory test now differs based on whether you have or have not a foreign bike license:

1) If you have a foreign motorcycle license, then it is possible to sit the test now in English language. If you have first obtained a Chinese drivers license, then the 1 year wait rule applies, and furthermore you have to cancel your existing Chinese driver's license and sit the exam again to get a combined license.

i took the two tests about 6 months apart,,,first the car...then motorcycle......neither test had motorcycle questions...and when i took the moto test...i asked the guy four times ...is this for moto....he said yes and they gave me my passing the test papers to take to the traffic police right then and there.... and i went straight to traffic police. they took my car license and gave me a new one with both car and moto within minutes.

9. #319 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Has Shanghai finally updated its electronic exams to include English and other languages?
    Yes. I did the exam in English. Don't know about other languages.
    Yes, they have English, Spanish, German and others... tough not sure which languages... reckon same as BJ... AND btw. congrats Slenderman

10. #320 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello, I am new here and i have a bit of a problem. Just today i went to do my written/ computer test in Xuzhou and they told me as of the first of this year there is no English test in China. I find this hard to believe because I have read this forum post. What are my options?

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 122230313233344252 ... LastLast