Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 910111213213161 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    "But please rethink whether you want to be on the record giving that kind of advice in a responsible public forum. It's not your fault if someone stupidly follows your advice and buys a fake license, but your karma banking account will go into deep deficit."

hahaha, yeah if you buy into that sort of thing.
    luckily im a free spirit, not bound by karma, the rules of 3 x 3, any book or any god.
    i would probably fall into the group that is bound by : live life, enjoy it as when you depart this world, you cant take anything with you, not even your memory's.

2. #102 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by lightend View Post
    "But please rethink whether you want to be on the record giving that kind of advice in a responsible public forum. It's not your fault if someone stupidly follows your advice and buys a fake license, but your karma banking account will go into deep deficit."

hahaha, yeah if you buy into that sort of thing.
    luckily im a free spirit, not bound by karma, the rules of 3 x 3, any book or any god.
    i would probably fall into the group that is bound by : live life, enjoy it as when you depart this world, you cant take anything with you, not even your memory's.
    go on, please tell about your early childhood, what was that like?

3. #103 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    go on, please tell about your early childhood, what was that like?
    Do we really need this? I think he's just trolling.

Just ignore the stupid advice he gave, buying a fake driving licence is NOT a good idea, no matter what. Especially because it's easy to get it in a legitimate way.

Having said this, there is a lot of people (Chineses or Laowais) with fake driving licences, saying that you can get one is just stating the obvious, but why would you pay premium quais for something that is very easy to get? how to be sure your fake licence is a "good" one?

4. #104 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    trolling. my original comment was informing not trolling,
    there after, meh.

how to be sure your fake licence is a "good" one?
    if this is a serious question then i will give you a serious answer,
    you go online to the chinese driving license people and type in your number, make sure all details are correct that come up, the primary use of this service is to ensure you do not have any out standing penalty points and fines.

THREAD HIGHJACKED opps

5. #105 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by lightend View Post
    trolling. my original comment was informing not trolling,
    there after, meh.

how to be sure your fake licence is a "good" one?
    if this is a serious question then i will give you a serious answer,
    you go online to the chinese driving license people and type in your number, make sure all details are correct that come up, the primary use of this service is to ensure you do not have any out standing penalty points and fines.
    Of course to do that you must get the licence first, so pay first, check later. Never a good idea from my experience in China.
    I didn't know this website anyway, I know there is one to check car licences, but not for driving licence, what's the URL?

Seriously, i can understand (not justify) Chineses buying licences, as for them is a real pain in the ass getting one. But for us? How hard is to follow the procedure? Everybody does what he wants, but for me it just doesn't make sense to buy one, I'm not even sure it make you save some time

6. #106 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Lightend, you say go with the flow, "you're in a different country so anything goes in PRC".

Right, what about values ? Oooh yeah, I'll sound like a 60 years old. I guess this is a topic for another forum, another place...
    Accepting to deny your values just because it is possible in another country is ... weak to say the least. You'll never do it in the UK and you know it too.

Imagine that in China spitting on another man's shoes was not a big deal, most of the people don't do it, but some do. Would you do it ? Imagine that slapping a waitress' butt was quite common in China, would you do it too, contrary to what you were taught in the UK ?

It's so easy for some foreigners to play big guns and kings of the world in China because it's another country and Asian people are usually not the ones to slap you in the face, and you're just amongst those.

7. #107 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 

This is funny!

A. Fake licenses, fake plates/registration/insurance are just stupid, as they will not help you in an accident, just help you pass by the police when everything is going well. When the 'shit hits the fan' they are worse than nothing (read the law, oh sorry you didn't, because you haven't done the test questions?)

B. Using a Gong An friend to help you acquire all the real documentation for you in a 'convenient manner' could be expensive or free depending on your relationship, and that is just understanding how China works and exploiting your 'guanxi'.

There is a difference here.

8. #108 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post

This is funny!

A. Fake licenses, fake plates/registration/insurance are just stupid, as they will not help you in an accident, just help you pass by the police when everything is going well. When the 'shit hits the fan' they are worse than nothing (read the law, oh sorry you didn't, because you haven't done the test questions?)

B. Using a Gong An friend to help you acquire all the real documentation for you in a 'convenient manner' could be expensive or free depending on your relationship, and that is just understanding how China works and exploiting your 'guanxi'.

There is a difference here.

Agreed.
    As I wrote in this forum before, I used some "guanxi" to help me to sort all the procedures to register for the driving license exams and give me the times where I should come for the theory exam and trainings/exams on the bike, simply because it's a mess in China to go through all this. But of course the rest of the work (passing both tests successfully) is up to us to do.

9. #109 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    China actually makes it pretty easy to get your license these days. The test is in English if you want, and the processes are straightforward, albeit with "chinese characteristics". As I've noted earlier in this thread (or elsewhere) the prices is no more than what you'd pay in the US, where driving is practically a birthright, and a lot cheaper than many, many countries.

Why would anyone go for some creepy backdoor "guanxi" process just to get a bleeding driver's license??

anyway, i think this thread is losing steam...

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #110 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    lightend has got a point. Why don't you take the lift? We all know the bureaucracy. You wouldn't be wrong because something had been wrong for long.
    I guess lightend meant a real licence. Not a fake one, ppl!
    Last edited by td_ref; 09-26-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: p.s.
    同志仍需努力

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 910111213213161 ... LastLast