Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41422232425263444 ... LastLast
  1. #231 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineHartmann View Post
    what a sh*it!
    I am 55, next year I need to renew my licence. better I start to do politics, then I can rule a whole country at the age of 80 and more.
    Um nope, you are a foreigner and as such you (any of us foreigners) cannot and are not allowed into any of the Chinese political structure. Even you wanted to join the CCP you as a foreigner cannot. Same as a foreigner cannot marry any Chinese national who is a CCP member, or a member of any branch of PSB, PLA, or other so called sensitive area of Chinese political structures et al.
    TIC!

2. #232 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    ^and further more it pisses me a little since in both NZ and OZ there are a couple of members of parliament in both countries who migrated from China to the respective countries and entered politics. No reciprocity though for any of us foreigners that come to Ch!na who may have some political aspirations. Forget it! Tit-for-tat... but then that would lower "us" down to "their" level. Bloody annoying though.
    Mind you Ch!na is not alone in such discriminatory practices, there are others. Just gets to me at times that there is this and lots of other forms or discrimination here.
    <Rant over...>

3. #233 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Sometimes a good rant is very therapeutic.

I know it is for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    ^and further more it pisses me a little since in both NZ and OZ there are a couple of members of parliament in both countries who migrated from China to the respective countries and entered politics. No reciprocity though for any of us foreigners that come to Ch!na who may have some political aspirations. Forget it! Tit-for-tat... but then that would lower "us" down to "their" level. Bloody annoying though.
    Mind you Ch!na is not alone in such discriminatory practices, there are others. Just gets to me at times that there is this and lots of other forms or discrimination here.
    <Rant over...>
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

4. #234 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    aehm, I did not mean to enter politc, I wanted to express: at 60/70 you are nt allowed to ride motorbikes here; same age and you can rule countries or big companies and nobody ask how old you are, how sane or bodily able to do it.

5. #235 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    He He! Logic in a logic free zone!

Quote Originally Posted by SabineHartmann View Post
    aehm, I did not mean to enter politc, I wanted to express: at 60/70 you are nt allowed to ride motorbikes here; same age and you can rule countries or big companies and nobody ask how old you are, how sane or bodily able to do it.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

6. #236 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    <Rant over...>
    THE first Asian elected to New Zealand's parliament has quit as a cabinet minister after a scandal over her use of taxpayer-funded travel perks. Prime Minister John Key said said Shanghai-born Pansy Wong, who held the ethnic and women's affairs portfolios, handed in her resignation after it emerged she used a a trip to China with her husband in 2008 for business purposes.

ha ha you can take the girl out of china
    but you cant take china out of the girl

7. #237 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    the 60 year old limit is enforced...
    G'Day,

Here is an update on the situation, our mate has to do a new full test (theory & questions only for car) and a full medical check up as he is a few years over 60 and was never asked to do the medical during the last few years.
    All came up last Friday as he tried to renew his license (valid till December 2012) and the driving license (C1/D) was confiscated on the spot at the Shanghai vehicle management bureau (Hami Road in Hongqiao). He was told to do the test and medical within four weeks and will only be granted a C1 (car) and F (moped up to 49cc) driving license.

His birthday is coming next month and might buy him a 49cc Honda Z50 "Monkey-Bike" as a present......

8. #238 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    All came up last Friday as he tried to renew his license (valid till December 2012) and the driving license (C1/D) was confiscated on the spot at the Shanghai vehicle management bureau (Hami Road in Hongqiao). He was told to do the test and medical within four weeks and will only be granted a C1 (car) and F (moped up to 49cc) driving license.
    There's a buy-around option surely?

9. #239 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    ... he is a few years over 60 and was never asked to do the medical during the last few years.
    The Traffic Management Bureau doesn't notify anyone. However, the license becomes void on a person's 61st birthday if the DL holder does not submit the medical form.

It would be interesting to know what his experience would have been had he submitted the medical form in each of his few years into his 60s - I am guessing he would have remained a C1/D. Just a guess, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    His birthday is coming next month and might buy him a 49cc Honda Z50 "Monkey-Bike" as a present......
    Ouch.

Edit: Oh yeah, can I have his Multistrada?
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 12-11-2012 at 02:00 AM.

10. #240 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Oh yeah, can I have his Multistrada?
    Sorry to disappoint, he does not own a Ducati MTS.......
    Will report the outcome once the test and medical has been done and rest assured I am not the unlucky candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    There's a buy-around option surely?
    Doubt it very much with the current new traffic regulations and laws coming into place and a few new stricter regulations will come into effect as of 01/01/2013.....

Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41422232425263444 ... LastLast