Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 51523242526273545 ... LastLast
  1. #241 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Living out your golden years in China just keeps looking better and better.

2. #242 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I may be being unfair but it's almost as if the laws were being made up by 40-50 year old unelected d*bags who drive around in cars.

3. #243 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    The Traffic Management Bureau doesn't notify anyone. However, the license becomes void on a person's 61st birthday if the DL holder does not submit the medical form.
    Some of my "older & wiser" mates have reminders in the Shanghai issued driving license about medical checks once they turn the magic 60, see attached picture.
    Attached Images

4. #244 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Passed my theory exam on 8th of January. I have to admit, I was kind of worried about those new traffic regulations and since I arrived quite early and sat at the test area for an hour, I saw that one by one, who finished the test went to the counter, looked at a piece of paper that was hanging on the window and left. I couldn't stop wondering what kind of paper it was and I forgot to go check before I took the exam. After the exam, I checked and it was information for those who failed, how to apply for a new exam session. But I managed to pass exact on the point (90) and some of the questions were "new" I think. Heard from a Chinese colleague that only 5% of whole Shanghai passed the exam that day, lucky me.

I think the application lady screw up my application; on the test screen it said C1 when I clearly stated that I wanted C1D, she said not to worry and I continued my test. Most inportant is that you tell the staff on the second floor, who issues the driving license that you want a C1D before printing it. Once printed, there is no way back. There where no question concerning motorcycle though which made me even more worried that she gave me the wrong test, lots of car related questions.

I have euphonius to thank for passing the test, his sample questions where exeptional for training purposes. One thing I don't understand, why are there questions about motorcycles going on expressway, when we're obviously not allowed to ride there? Questions like, how fast is the maximum speed on an expressway for a MC, minimum speed, which lane to drive on, etc. I just don't get it.

Now I can ride my Benelli BJ600GS fully legal, plated and license to drive reckless...

5. #245 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Well done! Ihave passed just before christmas, second try scored 92.

Same here, I have repeated 20 thousand times that I want car and bike and they were just nodding yes yes. Mine is C1E did they got it wrong?
    Previous bikes:
    Jawa 350 1971; Triumph Tiger 900 1999; Yamaha XT600 1995; Honda CX450 1983; Suzuki DRZ-E 400 1998; Sanlg 125cc 2007.

Forever bicycle now.

6. #246 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C1E is for car and two wheel motorcycle
    I believe C1D is correct for car, two wheel motorcycle, and 3 wheel motorcycle sidecar

Congratulations to both of you and ride safe!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

7. #247 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Congratulations to both Jackie and Bakas on getting yourselves legal. It's a great feeling, and I'm glad the question bank was useful.

TexasAggie is correct about the endorsements. A C1 does not allow you to drive a motorcycle. You are covered for solo riding with a C1E and C1D, but to ride a sidecar you MUST have the C1D.

Perhaps it's time to celebrate with a (No-)Bike Night! Any thoughts on a time and venue?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #248 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    so I had my computer test on the 31st of December (scored 96 haha) and I just passed the riding test......unfortunately it doesnt mean that ill get the license!

They told me that the new rules state that there will be 2 computer tests, one before and one after the riding part. Did you guys know about this?

p.s. does anyone know if there is a big change in the question bank for a motorcycle? please drop me a line if you do cos I have the exam tomorrow

greetz

9. #249 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    ...p.s. does anyone know if there is a big change in the question bank for a motorcycle? please drop me a line if you do cos I have the exam tomorrow
    Yes, according to reports (some posted here in MCM), there are major changes in the test, so you might want to take some steps to get prepared. TB-Racing posted a story yesterday noting that some saintly guy had found a question bank online, processed it to filter the new questions, and posted the whole question bank in a taobao store where he is "selling" it at no charge, or maybe for 1 rmb. OK, here it is.

Surely this updated question bank will be only in Chinese.

To answer your question about having to take two written exams, one before and and one after the road test, this is news to me. Did you ask the authorities at the test center?

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #250 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I supposed to have this second written exam tomorrow but unfortunately i cant go. Will go next week at some point and will let you know whats going on.
    I asked my girl to check it online and she confirmed what the examiner said.

and I was so happy that i passed the test on the last day.......

Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 51523242526273545 ... LastLast