Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2324250515253546272 ... LastLast
  1. #511 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1288711 View Post
    oh dear, it looks like my dreams of conquering the chinese drivers license might be coming to a quick end.

i've just found out that the australian drivers license is considerably more easy than what they list on their website (at least the west australian one) So i'll be going back to do that in chinese new year. (i do have other reasons for going back, but drivers license is a bonus)
    I'm still determined to have a go at the chinese one, as i see it as a challenge... a challenge to beat china at its own demented game.
    But there is so much study to do... so many terms to learn, even if you can already read chinese...
    So it sounds like you'll have your Chinese license in time for the good weather! Hope to see you on the road soon, and enjoy your trip home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    When I did the test the 'medical' test was just an office 'round the back of the cop shop. The medical technically consisted of a raft of exhaustive tests, to make sure that you were 'good enough' to join the hapless sea of imbeciles which is China traffic.

In reality it was two doctors testing eyesight and colorblindness with chart praying that you'd fail so they could extort a few yuan to say you'd actually passed. Why the F**k colorblindness when you can fly a 747 and be colorblind, I'll never quite understand.....
    Recent ride from Nanning bike banned city to Liuzhou - two trucks on opposite but correct side of blind corner - as I began the bend I was faced with a F8kin big bus on my side of the road just a small distance from me and I was doing 70km PH
    Missed it by a hair spin around chased the Bustard as he was still passing everything in sight.
    Under took the cAnt and stopped in front of him got of yelling the worst possible French known to English kind and punched his windscreen that suddenly without warning smashed
    As I rode off I saw an angry gorilla throwing a spanner at me.
    That was a very very close call to death I tell you for free!!

3. #513 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    Recent ride from Nanning bike banned city to Liuzhou - two trucks on opposite but correct side of blind corner - as I began the bend I was faced with a F8kin big bus on my side of the road just a small distance from me and I was doing 70km PH
    Missed it by a hair spin around chased the Bustard as he was still passing everything in sight.
    Under took the cAnt and stopped in front of him got of yelling the worst possible French known to English kind and punched his windscreen that suddenly without warning smashed
    As I rode off I saw an angry gorilla throwing a spanner at me.
    That was a very very close call to death I tell you for free!!
    That's what they do. Drive like they are in a race...taking crazy risks to pass everything... They have been driving such a short tme.. It is equalivent to a teenage driver in western countries... And no police presence or accountability... And they drive with a cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other...........
    Its the norm behavior for them so he was surprised you are angry..... You can't train a monkey to drive.. But they can climb behind the wheel

4. #514 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Well it's mostly due to lack of education. When your driving 'instructor' would be thrown out of a test in a western country and told 'never to darken their door again' or the rich can just buy their way through, the only mainland Chinese that can drive worth a shit are the ones that have driven outside of or seen driving outside of China, and even then that's a maybe.

Instead of the usual 'they're all so shit' nonsense, I'll split things down to an analysis of watch my Chinese friend drive by using European driving standards to assess his driving over a 5km journey....

[FAIL] Eyesight too poor, cannot see registration plate from 20 meters
    [FAIL] Car suspension damaged and creaking
    [FAIL] Not wearing seat belt
    [FAIL] Did not check mirrors before pulling away
    [FAIL] Did not signal before pulling away
    [FAIL] Did not shoulder check before pulling away
    [FAIL] Used cell phone with one hand
    [FAIL] Attempted to change lane without signalling or checking mirror nearly causing accident
    [HUH?] Slowed to 50 km/h for 70 km/h speed trap
    [FAIL] Drifted between lanes
    [FAIL] Attempted to change lane without signalling or checking mirror
    [FAIL] Used cell phone again
    [FAIL] Attempted to change lane without signalling or checking mirror nearly causing accident again
    [FAIL] Drifted between lanes again
    [FAIL] Over took on bend with limited visibility
    [FAIL] Did not check mirrors before pulling away
    [FAIL] Did not signal before pulling away
    [FAIL] Drove slowly on wrong side of road looking for parking place
    [FAIL] Did not signal before entering parking place
    [FAIL] Did not check mirrors before entering parking place

My friend is a nice person, who is open-minded, doesn't smoke and speaks reasonable English. Yet he sincerely believes he is a good driver. However any objective analysis shows his driving is dangerous and poor. I believe this his is not his fault, as he's been clearly trained by a complete monkey.

Banned
    I always say the Chinese man is mostly a gorilla in habit action and appearance.
    Woman just a little better or I'm just partial to the female kind lol

Banned
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422025669.103888.jpg

Results of quality local driving and drivers
    Be warned images are very disturbing!

7. #517 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Figured I'd add to this thread that holders of a Belgian driver's licence type B (personal car) are allowed a C1E licence in China, without written or practical tests. How? Thus:

You'll have to bring an officially translated version of your Belgian licence, plus your passport, plus a visa with at least 3 months validity, plus some pictures, plus a police residence registration, plus a basic health assessment to the police office.

Key is to point out to the translator's office that Belgians are allowed to ride motorcycles of up to 125 cc using their car licence (if the licence is issued before May 2011, that is). They will add that to the translation. Since the Chinese law does not make a difference in cc, the police will issue a motorcycle licence along with your car licence, without doing any written or practical tests!

Why Belgians are exempt from practical and written tests is beyond me. It seems to be the only nationality enjoying such preferential treatment.

8. #518 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Hi
    Sorry to say but a UK car driving license is the same but only up to 50cc before a certain date this is how I got my Chinese C1E with out haveing a full UK motoerbike license!! . Now my next question is have you obtained a full Chinese C1E without sitting the Chinese theory test! based on what you have just posted !!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #519 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi
    Sorry to say but a UK car driving license is the same but only up to 50cc before a certain date this is how I got my Chinese C1E with out haveing a full UK motoerbike license!! . Now my next question is have you obtained a full Chinese C1E without sitting the Chinese theory test! based on what you have just posted !!
    China / Belgium have a special agreements due to a diplomatic incident in the late 90's and very easy, hassle free and efficient for Belgian citizen to obtain a China driving license, thought you know it all and better....

Ride safe, Pal

10. #520 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    China / Belgium have a special agreements due to a diplomatic incident in the late 90's and very easy, hassle free and efficient for Belgian citizen to obtain a China driving license, thought you know it all and better....

Ride safe, Pal
    Poland has an agreement too. But it is not common known, and may be a litlle tricky to became a driver license.
    An Agremment Poland / China was signed 5th June 1987.

Agreement on Legal Assistance in Civil and Criminal matters.
    Article 27
    Documents prepared or certified by a court or other competent authority of one of the contracting parties and stamped official not require legalization in order to use them in the territory of the other contracting parties.

This is theory, i do not know anybody who has tried to travel with Polish Driver license in China.

On the other hand, i know that the Chineese People can drive in Poland with Chinese driver license without problems.
    They must only translate it to Polish.

Oryginal Chineese text:
    由缔约一方法院或其他主管机关制作或证明的并加盖印章的文件,不必经过认证,即可在缔约另一方 境内使用
    Last edited by beniamin82; 02-13-2015 at 07:22 AM.