Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3334351525354556373 ... LastLast
  1. #521 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Can someone confirm that he/she for what ever country you come from or what special arrangement your country my or may not have with China has obtained a full chinese C1E without taking the theory 100 question test ?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    China / Belgium have a special agreements due to a diplomatic incident in the late 90's and very easy, hassle free and efficient for Belgian citizen to obtain a China driving license, thought you know it all and better....

Ride safe, Pal
    How about Dutch license??????

3. #523 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I've been riding motorcycles for 20 years here in China.. I never took a test.. They didn't know what to do then so just gave me one.. Tests are straightforward if you have a foreign license.. Someone has said things about a tourist driving license but trust me.. There is no way you can be prepared for driving on the roads in this country. The only thing that works is experience.. Catch 22...
    read my blog and live vicariously.. www.simplesite.com/jonsims

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License

It is illegal to ride in China without a Chinese motorcycle license. Overseas driving licenses (with the exception of a few places) and International Driving Permits are not recognized in China.

The costs associated with, and ease or difficulty of obtaining Chinese driving licenses can vary from province to province, autonomous region to autonomous region and city region to city region. Some smaller cities and cities that prohibit motorcycles will not issue licenses. In autonomous regions that have security difficulties it likely to be much more difficult for a foreign nationals to get a Chinese motorcycle license. National laws are also 'interpreted' and this interpretation becomes in essence, the local law.

Many foreign riders have ridden in China without a Chinese motorcycle license successfully, some even for years. It would seem bigger, wealthier cities can and do take licenses seriously, whereas smaller cities and rural areas may or may not take things as seriously at all, or may only take things seriously on a purge basis or in the event of an accident. Also as time passes the whole country is taking driving laws more seriously. 'Taking things seriously' could potentially mean 15 days detention in a detention center or even being deported. Easier to enforce rules are enforced first. So speeding, traffic signals, vehicle registration, insurance and driving license checks are top of the list.

Recent rules suggest that you can get a full Chinese driving license transferred or do the complete test as long as you have 6 months remaining on your visa (any kind). These rules are interpreted differently in different places, so there could be a variation between how much length remains on your visa or which visa type is acceptable. Also that theoretically you could get a temporary license, but as an independent visitor it is unlikely that one could be issued unless for a car, but it's worth asking.

The test was rewritten in 2013.

Some useful links...........

http://www.howchinaworks.com/2008/12...ivers-license/

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...e-License-Blog

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...sed-the-brake!

4. #524 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Cuz... So.. I guess you are fluent in Chinese and regularly go for long rides, chew the fat over a few beers and scoobies with the "gorillas" ... So.. I guess you are talking from experience.. Good for you as there are so many ignorant wankers who ride motorcycles... Lucky you're not one of them eh.. Kia kaha..

Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    I always say the Chinese man is mostly a gorilla in habit action and appearance.
    Woman just a little better or I'm just partial to the female kind lol

5. #525 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Senior
    How about Dutch license??????
    Cloggie Consultants China = http://china.nlembassy.org

Ride safe, Gong Xi Fa Chai!!! PAL

6. #526 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    As an educated person you will be more than aware that had it not been for the Dutch the whole issue of Taiwan would never have got so complicated.. Show a Dutch license to a Chinese traffic cop and he's more than likely to bend you over and leave a deposit in your diplomatic bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Cloggie Consultants China = http://china.nlembassy.org

Ride safe, Gong Xi Fa Chai!!! PAL

7. #527 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsims View Post
    I've been riding motorcycles for 20 years here in China.. I never took a test.. They didn't know what to do then so just gave me one.. Tests are straightforward if you have a foreign license.. Someone has said things about a tourist driving license but trust me.. There is no way you can be prepared for driving on the roads in this country. The only thing that works is experience.. Catch 22...
    read my blog and live vicariously.. www.simplesite.com/jonsims
    jon, I'm not reading your blog. Why you think that riding in China to 20 years gives you all the personal answers is beyond me. I have a long extensive motorcycling CV that might trump yours for all you know, yet I see no need to rely on it as a reason to be adamant that all my opinions must be 100% correct start some blog as some kind of authority and everyone else's need to be shouted down, even if most of the time we actually agree.

This is us a forum, the idea is we listen to each other's opinions, digest them argue them out in an ideally polite manner and come to a consensus. See if I have 12 years experience in my region, Forum user A has 15 years in Guangdong province, forum user B has 10 years in Beijing and hebei, user C 15 in Shanghai, forum user D 25 years in Sichuan, when we add these years up with our consensus, it trumps the opinion of any one forum user, as together there are lifetimes of riding, ideas and opinions.

Banned
    I'm not that educated on the Taiwan Dutch connection
    What's this all about?
    I have a NZ car and bike license 25 years and a Dutch car license about 3 years
    How can this help me get a chinese bike license.
    Please explain further?

9. #529 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I'm not that educated on the Taiwan Dutch connection
    What's this all about?
    I have a NZ car and bike license 25 years and a Dutch car license about 3 years
    How can this help me get a chinese bike license.
    Please explain further?
    Taiwan was a Dutch colony in the 1600's, but what that has to do with anything about your Chinese motorcycle license is beyond me. Jonsims apparently is suggesting that mainland Chinese police officers all hold some severe animosity toward the Dutch because of their involvement with Taiwan... which is a senseless, ridiculous insinuation. If his logic made any sense, me and my fellow American friends would probably all be banned from China permanently based on past and current US involvement with Taiwan. As an educated person, I'd pretty much ignore him.

Back to reality: Your NZ license has a motorcycle endorsement? If so, the process is relatively painless to get a Chinese C1E license (C1 is for cars, E is the motorcycle endorsement... so you'll be able to drive cars and motorcycles).

10. #530 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    The point Jon made was meant to be ridiculous just as the statements made by other members about how a Dutch / Poland person can optain a full Chinese DL without taking the test !
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"