Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 73747555657585967 ... LastLast
  1. #561 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ben Zhu View Post
    Hey,

I am new to this forum, and at the moment are trying to obtain my Chinese motorbike license.
    I do have a Dutch(European) license to drive an automatic motorbike(motor-scooters).

Now my questions is, can I use my Dutch automatic license to apply for a Chinese (automatic)motorbike license?
    Does China even have a license for automatic motorbikes?

Hope you guys can help me out, thanks.
    There are some categories F,M,N and P that are various kinds of light motorcycle/scooter I believe. Some are electric. I think yours is the F, and having that will entitle you to the lower categories. However if you can convince the Foreign Affairs office translator that yours is actually a motorcycle license you could get it too.

Banned
    Might as well get the bigger license as all the same costs and BS apply
    Only difference is a driving test if you don't use your Dutch license

3. #563 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    Might as well get the bigger license as all the same costs and BS apply
    Only difference is a driving test if you don't use your Dutch license
    I will go to translate my license today and hope I can convince them it is a full motorcycle license as ZMC888 suggested, if not I can always go for option 2 and do the driving test.

Maybe I should bring a red envelope ;)

Thank you for the advise, I will let you know the outcome later.

4. #564 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular

Maybe I should bring a red envelope ;)

Thank you for the advise, I will let you know the outcome later.
    Good luck buddy. I'm interested to see how you get on, if they won't allow you to *hopefully not* im always happy to take you along as my test buddy. So we can fook them off together.

I'll take my test next month

5. #565 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys,

Just got back from Foreign Affairs office in Shanghai, the 180 year old lady behind the counter had to read my license with glasses and a magnifying glass. So I had hoped I could fool her in giving me the translation for a motorcycle license. to bad for me as the dinosaur she was, she digged through her pile of ancient scrolls and got me a translation for the lighter categories.

Still not sure what that means as my faith will be decided once I apply for the test, there they will assign me to a category.

So when I have time to go register I will give another update.

6. #566 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello there,
    First off I would like to say how much of a big fan of this board i have become over the past few months.

I got my Car driving license translated, took the 100 Q's test and as of last May, I have a C1 Car driving license. (I live in Shanghai)

However, I forgot to add up my motorcycle license from back home while issuing that C1 back then & I had to wait for my new visa with 6+ months validity on it to be issued to attempt and get a C1E.

My question is, after I prepare all the required documents, will I need to forfeit my current C1 license and take a new exam to get both at once? OR will they just add my motorcycle license to my Current C1 and convert it into a C1E? OR will I be examined another 100 Q's to add up my motorcycle license and obtain a C1E?

Has anyone been in the same situation?

I promise you I have read a lot of pages from this thread but I’m somehow still confused about the final issuing step.

Thank you.

7. #567 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by Laowai View Post
    Hello there,
    First off I would like to say how much of a big fan of this board i have become over the past few months.

I got my Car driving license translated, took the 100 Q's test and as of last May, I have a C1 Car driving license. (I live in Shanghai)

However, I forgot to add up my motorcycle license from back home while issuing that C1 back then & I had to wait for my new visa with 6+ months validity on it to be issued to attempt and get a C1E.

My question is, after I prepare all the required documents, will I need to forfeit my current C1 license and take a new exam to get both at once? OR will they just add my motorcycle license to my Current C1 and convert it into a C1E? OR will I be examined another 100 Q's to add up my motorcycle license and obtain a C1E?

Has anyone been in the same situation?

I promise you I have read a lot of pages from this thread but I’m somehow still confused about the final issuing step.

Thank you.
    Nice to have some new people on these boards, welcome!

I believe that's happened before when a car obsessed officer left the motorcycle off someones license, however that was their fault and it was fixed, if I remember correctly, but some paperwork issues were awkward, there may be something even in this thread.

The response you'll get will be the officers interpretation of the law, which basically means their opinion. They'll probably ask you to re-translate your license and then do the car questions again then issue a new license in exchange for your current one. However if they are in a good mood and feeling happy with the world they may just reissue you with a new license using the translation that shows you have motorcycle entitlement too. Let me know how it goes!

8. #568 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey,

Well I went to the office to apply for my (light) motorbike license, but it seems they only accept foreign A1 license and nothing else

So I asked the help of the HR girl at my office to check around how I could apply in China for a motorbike license, today she told me I could only do all the tests in Chinese(both practical and theoretical test).
    I don't think the practical part will be a problem with my Chinese level at the moment, but the Theoretical part is gone be impossible.

So I need your quy's help once more, do you know an address/phone-number/place were I can do both test in English?

My colleagues suggested to go to Korea to get my license in 10days or so, but there must be an easier way right?

Hope you guys can help me out!!!

Thanks in advance.

9. #569 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Hey,

Well I went to the office to apply for my (light) motorbike license, but it seems they only accept foreign A1 license and nothing else

So I asked the help of the HR girl at my office to check around how I could apply in China for a motorbike license, today she told me I could only do all the tests in Chinese(both practical and theoretical test).
    I don't think the practical part will be a problem with my Chinese level at the moment, but the Theoretical part is gone be impossible.

So I need your quy's help once more, do you know an address/phone-number/place were I can do both test in English?

My colleagues suggested to go to Korea to get my license in 10days or so, but there must be an easier way right?

Hope you guys can help me out!!!

Thanks in advance.
    If you read through the last page or two of this thread you will see that the 'Shanghai licensing bureau' offers the test in English. It might be worth your while giving Joshmakesnoise a PM.

10. #570 Re: Getting a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    If you read through the last page or two of this thread you will see that the 'Shanghai licensing bureau' offers the test in English. It might be worth your while giving Joshmakesnoise a PM.
    Dear ZMC888,

I have read the thread, maybe I didn't ask the right question.
    But I was hoping somebody already found a driving school familiar with the procedure.
    So I don't have to convince them of the existence of the procedure

But maybe your right, I will send Joshmakesnoise a PM, and maybe he can help me out.

Thanks!

Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 73747555657585967 ... LastLast