Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 114151596061626371 ... LastLast
  1. #601 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    Jackson Hole by GuYaJu, Yanqing county, Beijing. And sometimes west coast of Canada.
    Aparantly also there are about 300 new questions on the exam. This is since 2015, added to the 2013 question base. So it says in the iphone app "driving in China". And this app apparantly has these questions included now (for a total of 1300 questions to study). For those without an iphone (this app is not available on android) the online version ffom the developers website is at http://beebright.biz/en/products/chi...riving-license. It has the same questions as the iphone app. But as far as I can see the iphopne app is better because you can save your wrong answers as "favourites" for later review. I haven't found a way to do that on the online web version.
    Last edited by billeuze; 12-15-2015 at 06:53 AM.

2. #602 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    Jackson Hole by GuYaJu, Yanqing county, Beijing. And sometimes west coast of Canada.
    Well the saga continues. I went back to the "Foriegn office of Beijing Motor Vehicle Administration" yesterday to present all my paperwork. First of all I am glad they have a "Foreign office" here as where I am supposed to go, based on where I live (ZhangJiaKou Hebei), there are no foreigners and it would be a real challenge finding someone who would know how to deal with me. Besides, It is hard to get to JhangJiaKou from here so even though it is our administrating city, everyone here means Beijing when talking about going to the city. Even so, for me to get to the Beijing Motor Vehicle office it is a 25 minute taxi ride to Yanqing, 1-1/2 hour train to Beijing North Station, 1 Hour Subway trip to ChengShouSi station, then 15 minute bus to the Traffic Management building. Including transfer times, its allmost 4 hours each way.

Anyway I got there and presented my paperwork and they did not like my Temporary Residence Permit from the hotel. Now I already knew from Max Power's post (#139 in this thread) that it might be an issue. They showed me a sample of what's needed (which looked the same as what I gave them) and they said mine was diferent because stamped by the Hotel - they need one stamped by the police. I tried to tell them it was the same thing, the Hotel has Public safety Bureau authority to issue these forms. But they would have non of it.

At least they said they would take all my other paperwork, and book a test date for me and if I brought acceptable residency paperwork with me on test day T'd be good to go, otherwise they cancel my test. So I paid my 50 quai for test Scheduling and grabbed their phone number so I'd have a contact to give to the local police station.

Meanwhile, today, I took a Chinese friend with me to the Police station, They sent us to the Imigration office. They sent us to a different Police station. They sent us to the third floor - getting closer! Well This police agent said pretty much the same thing as what the Guilin police said to Max Power - They can't issue another recidency form because it is already legally issued by the hotel. Finally after a few phone calls and some discussion, he put a note on the Hotel issued document saying it is all true, signed his name, listed his phone number, and put the police stamp on it.

So when I go back to Beijing for the test one week from today, I will arrive early (the office opens one hour before my test begins) which will give them time to call the local county police if they need to in order to finally accept this form.

By the way I've been studying with the "Drive in China" iphone app. It is great. I'm completely confident that I'll be ready to pass the test after prepping with this app. Thanks to my wife for buying a new iphone6 last month I now have her old iphone 4 to use as test prep machine. This app does a descent job of remembering yor wrong answers to focus on training. That combined with the ability to add the wrong answers to "favourites" means that I can practice just my favourites list if I want and skip all the questions about "in ___ situation do you slow down and give way or honk and speed up"

3. #603 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Finally after a few phone calls and some discussion, he put a note on the Hotel issued document saying it is all true, signed his name, listed his phone number, and put the police stamp on it.
    That should work and if it dont i would kick up hell big time BUT TIC ?? well done keep at it and you will get to the end , took me 3 years to sort out but at the end it just a great feeling to be legal .

just 1 more point IF you only get 88/89 out 100 and you need 90 ask if you can take it again that day? most will let you if not need to go back the next day.
    My scores was
    1.88 took agian the same day got 86 shit
    2. 84 shit
    3. The nice 90 good to go

Took me 4 times at the test but got that far was not going to give up.

Wish you luck
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #604 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    92% made it.

I got there 45 minutes before the test and gave them my hotel residency paper signed and stamped by the police. 4 of them huddled around this piece of paper discussing it. Finally one of them handed it back to me along with the piece of paper allowing me to take the test. No problem.

Now I just wait for EMS to deliver the license. Too far to go to pick it up myself.

5. #605 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    congradulations!!! You gave them a photo to put on your license? wow only a hotel residency paper!!!

did you have questions about medical care in case of accident?

6. #606 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    Now, I'm looking for a thread on what's Involved on buying and transferring ownership/registration/plates of a used Moto. I saw something about it a while back but can't find it now. Can anyone point me there or shall I start a new thread?

Edit: i have since found some threads and decided i'd best start a new one since i have a specific situation (whether to register in Beijing or Hebei)
    Last edited by billeuze; 12-22-2015 at 07:34 AM.

7. #607 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    congradulations!!! You gave them a photo to put on your license? wow only a hotel residency paper!!!

did you have questions about medical care in case of accident?
    I gave them 3 photos

Yes, hotel residency form. But I entered the address of where I actually live on the application form. So that's the address that'll show on my license. I used the Beijing version of my address which technically isn't legal but it's what everyone else here uses for delivery address. It's weird - a gated community with front gate in Beijing City and back gate in Hebei provinc. Legally we are administered by Hebei, but closest town is Beijing side.

No questions about medical care in case of accident.

8. #608 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Regular
    Correction to what I said above: They did not issue my license with the address I entered in the application form. Instead they it was issued with the address of the hotel on my temporary residence permit.

So, it seems that (in Beijing at least) they just ignore what you enter as your address in the "mailing address" field of the application form.

Banned
    All I managed to get is a Chinese provisional license - valid for the length of stay on my visa 60 days
    All the same paper work as normal license but no test
    It's laminated paper

10. #610 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    All I managed to get is a Chinese provisional license - valid for the length of stay on my visa 60 days
    All the same paper work as normal license but no test
    It's laminated paper

So if ones visa was for 1 year would the DL be valid for 1 year as well ?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 114151596061626371 ... LastLast