Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 134353616263646573 ... LastLast
  1. #621 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    I got it free in Chengdu shows CE1 a lot of paper work before you go to the police - same as a normal license and lasts length of stays on the visa
    Then go back do it all again

Interesting and would the Chinese provisional license cover all over China or just the city/province you obtained it in.
    Can you remember the process and the office you obtained the paper work from.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Banned
    Police had to give me paper for where I lived- that's common
    Medical
    Translated my NZ license
    Went to the DMV
    They took all original copies except my police/home paper
    Took awhile waiting but girls free laminated license
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458689756.745733.jpg

Not to clear if limited by the license plate on the vehicle or not
    This must be what the motorbike yours also get you
    There's nothing else PRC offers in the way of a license

3. #623 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by gt7599a View Post
    http://chinamoto.wikia.com/wiki/Chinese_Driver's_License

"Some provinces will accept a 3 month Tourist visa"
    Ed
    great site

I was originally planning on getting the temporary drivers permit but noticed this
    "Some provinces will accept a 3 month Tourist visa" (for the full DL)
    I've got a 6 month tourist visa , with 90 continuous days stays

Would you happen to know which provinces?
    thanks!

4. #624 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Was reading some old post on this thread and was interested to read post about motorbike licence holders need to take a medical test at the age of 60 years old resulting in your licences being revoked if you dint pass the test.
    Good news as of January 2016 this age limit has been increased to 71 years old seems a odd age to increase it to 70 would of been the logical age.
    But then again we do live in a LOGIC FREE ZONE
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #625 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Finally got my licence!
    and to answer my own question, yes you can get a licence on a tourist visa. I had a 6 month visa with a 90 day stay.
    besides this thread, these two guides were the most helpful
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/guide...-victor-nugter
    http://www.shanghaihalfpat.com/conve...iving-license/
    I used the $5 "China Driving test" iphone app. it covered about 90% of the test. the questions i still got stumped on were questions regarding those green highway signs, police hand traffic signals, fog light signals and designated motorcycle parking triangles or something.
    to book an english test requires 6 business days wait. and you can retake the test immediately if you fail the first time. only 2 attempts per day is allowed though.

https://i.imgur.com/W83xKDC.jpg (full size pic)

now, does anyone know how i can get an affordable number plate on a tourist visa?

6. #626 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Was reading some old post on this thread and was interested to read post about motorbike licence holders need to take a medical test at the age of 60 years old resulting in your licences being revoked if you dint pass the test.
    Good news as of January 2016 this age limit has been increased to 71 years old seems a odd age to increase it to 70 would of been the logical age.
    But then again we do live in a LOGIC FREE ZONE

The age increase actually was from 61, the original age where medical was required.. So they increases by 10 years exactly.
    But the lack of loggic continues in a country that is supposedly respects older age is quick to say you are too old to be trusted driving.
    Also. The medical check as I have seen it only involves a photo with arms crossed and fingers extended...as if to say see I have ten fingers. While I was watching this I noticed the eye chart behind the examiner... But he never asked anyone to read the chart. Then they paid the nurse 13rmb.

The age thing in China is confusing as many consider they are one year older after the new year even if their birthday isn't until December

7. #627 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Well done Zman a big bridge to cross now you have a bigger bridge to cross getting used to the way Chinese drive which is contrary to traffic laws.?

8. #628 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Well done Zman a big bridge to cross now you have a bigger bridge to cross getting used to the way Chinese drive which is contrary to traffic laws.?
    If you are Chinese and drive you don't understand that you have to...
    1. Shoulder check before you pull away.
    2. Signal before you pull away and on intersections.
    3. Check your mirrors before you pull away.
    4. That some roads are smaller than others and on those smaller roads you must stop or yield when you meet a bigger one.
    5. Drive on the right hand side of the road.

Not knowing this means simply that you cannot drive in the international understanding of what driving is. Which ever Chinese person or people wrote the driving laws did it half baked without fully understanding the driving system from South Korea, Russia or the United States they were trying to copy. Just like Chinese sweet 'bread', you can't know how to bake bread from looking at photo and guessing, you just need the fucking recipe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    If you are Chinese and drive you don't understand that you have to...
    1. Shoulder check before you pull away.
    2. Signal before you pull away and on intersections.
    3. Check your mirrors before you pull away.
    4. That some roads are smaller than others and on those smaller roads you must stop or yield when you meet a bigger one.
    5. Drive on the right hand side of the road.

Not knowing this means simply that you cannot drive in the international understanding of what driving is. Which ever Chinese person or people wrote the driving laws did it half baked without fully understanding the driving system from South Korea, Russia or the United States they were trying to copy. Just like Chinese sweet 'bread', you can't know how to bake bread from looking at photo and guessing, you just need the fucking recipe.
    I'm still alive accident free due to a lot of experience! Maybe luck has something to do with it too. But logic...... No way they don't manufacture that here

10. #630 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Good news as of January 2016 this age limit has been increased to 71 years old
    Thank you prince666. I've read many hours and many threads looking for this info about license for 61-71 year old people. I was ready to give up on riding China. Could you tell me where you got that official information? I am coming from the USA and want to ride about 2 months through China next year. I've read many conflicting threads about what's needed. I'm surprised I haven't found 1 complete thread concerning temporary DL's in China. And I've seen things change fast and often in China and it's provinces.

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 134353616263646573 ... LastLast