Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1949596768697071 ... LastLast
  1. #681 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    I wrote somewhere before...

IF you plan on doing foggy things (gray area) things. for license and bikes, you need to think of the worst that can happen and are you ok with the consequences.

Many of the advice here is for very small problems like getting stopped at a check point or traffic tickets. If you hit someone, or are hit or crash into property (damage) you need to be aware of the amount of cash you need to fork out. I had a friend who had a diver on the street jump in front on him and said her head hurt... he had a "rental" and when all was said and done he had to paid 15k in hospital expenses and 5k to the lady for her suffering and police were essentially just there to broker a "deal". He was not illegal but police just said they will not help either side and impounded all vehicles and took both sides IDs and visas until either they rectified it or police would start "charging procedures".

This was in Shanghai.
    Very true....

The only way is fully legal on everything??

I just love when the police stop me, and I am fully legal.
    I just smile and ride off, lol
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #682 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Hi Raduop

Are you looking for as new or 2nd hand bike?
    And it was asked before??? whats your budget

Also, you say "mountains and desert" on road or offroad "Dirt Roads"
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #683 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Raduop

Are you looking for as new or 2nd hand bike?
    And it was asked before??? whats your budget

Also, you say "mountains and desert" on road or offroad "Dirt Roads"
    New or second hand - doesn't really matter, as long as it's registered. Budget was not asked before, but if I think of a 'disposable' bike I'd say 2..maybe 3K€. I'm pretty sure I could get almost any Chinese bike with this.
    I'm thinking of roads and unpaved/dirt roads. I don't really think of riding through rivers or on goat trails.

Maybe a bike like this one?
    https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/5...hen-motorcycle

I was also looking at this one, but it's too heavy for me (it's even heavier than the KTM 950 I have at home, and even that one seems a bit on the heavy side for me). Then there's the price, which is rather...pricey..
    http://bikereview.com.au/review-2017-cfmoto-650mt/

4. #684 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Hi Back again.

My mistake about asking about your budget was in some other post.

Had a look at both your bikes links.

Now if you are just thinking about riding for days out say 300km and back or maybe a few days out, then the RX3 is not a bad bike to have.
    Now if you are thinking of riding more over China, Yunnan, Sichuan, Hainan provinces then you really need bigger then a 250cc.
    Why? because there is a lot of shit stuff to get to the very nice stuff?
    That said then you really need to ride on the toll roads to get to areas you really want to be in.
    That brings us to the CFmoto 650 MT?

Its only 13 kg more than your KTM back home and a lower COG.
    with a good low seat height.

I did a 70.000km ride on a CFmoto TR-G in 6 months from China to London and back taking in all the EU countries.
    The bike was great no problems, except for when I got back into China when I would of like something a bit less KG (TR-G is 245 kg}.
    I decided to try the MT next, Had the bike riding in China for only 5 months and already have clocked up over 30.000 km.

Apart from the street tyres which are very good, you need IMO for China 80/20 or a 50/50 tyre.
    So I fitted a set of Perilli MT60.
    Great tyre for China on a bike like the MT but mileage sucks?
    Now I am on a set of Perilli Scorpion Trail 2.
    Which are more 80/20 tyres and I have only clocked up about 4k on them, but so far there look like they could suit my needs?

Now with the MT, I have when riding on the toll roads and when I needed to get to another province quickly I have on more than one occasion clocked up over 1900 km in a day.
    Would the RX3 be able to keep up that pace?

Like all high-performance four-stroke 250s this counterbalanced motor loves to rev—6,000 to 9,000 rpm is its sweet spot. As long as you keep the crankshaft spinning near redline you’ll manage highway traffic without much trouble. I rode hundreds of interstate miles WFO and nothing metallic flew out of the crankcase.

Until you have to stop. The front brake—not very strong to start with—fades fairly easily. In addition, a strange grip-and-release feel develops under light application. It felt as if the disc surface had varying levels of friction and the disc gets coated with a dark munge. I managed to burn the disc clean by dragging the front brake like a maniac, and the problem went away for a while. I suspect better brake pads will be a huge improvement up front. Oddly, the rear brake has none of these issues

MT sells for 38.800 RMB without the Shad boxes on the back?

I fitted the CFmoto Alliumium rear boxes with the side crash bars and a few led lights.
    So depending on what you are looking to do then my money is on the MT.

Rode the MT on loads of bad roads with potholes and dirt tracks, the bike is ok, the only limiting factor is the wheel sizes (17')
    You need to sit on one or even better get a test ride.

P.S. 1 other point to note the report on the MT is from OZ so that bike was "Lam" model and the Chinese ones are a full 72 HP.

link to ride to the uk. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg3MD...zp.8253869.0.0

Last edited by prince666; 04-27-2018 at 02:23 AM.

5. #685 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    The MT IMO is comparable to the Honda CB500X and the Kawasaki Versys 650, which I have owned both before, but here in China both these bike cost over 100% more and you are very limited to where you can get the bikes serviced.
    Also, you need to consider the cost of "Parts and replacement items"
    In this case, the MT wins hands down?.
    6 years ago in I said on MCM "I would never buy any Chinese bike again".
    Things mover on here in China and CFmoto IMO has moved on more than any other Chinese Manufacturer in terms of overall improvements to a bike to the nearly level of the Japanese 4.
    I said NEARLY lol.

6. #686 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    The MT IMO is comparable to the Honda CB500X and the Kawasaki Versys 650, which I have owned both before, but here in China both these bike cost over 100% more and you are very limited to where you can get the bikes serviced.
    Also, you need to consider the cost of "Parts and replacement items"
    In this case, the MT wins hands down?.
    6 years ago in I said on MCM "I would never buy any Chinese bike again".
    Things mover on here in China and CFmoto IMO has moved on more than any other Chinese Manufacturer in terms of overall improvements to a bike to the nearly level of the Japanese 4.
    I said NEARLY lol.
    Well if it's going to be a bike, it will HAVE to be a Chinese bike...always better to buy or hire local...other recommendations beside the MT?

So my conclusions so far are:
    - not really necessary to get residence and full DL, it should be possible to get a temporary car and MOTO DL at Chengdu airport; this temporary DL together with an IDL should be good enough to drive anywhere
    - it should be possible to obtain the bike from some dealer (easier rent than buy??)
    - any of this failing, there's still the backup option of car rental

Did I get it right?

Thanks and regards!

7. #687 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just got back from the registration office. Lady said you have to have been registered to your current residence for at least three months?! Never come across that rule? Anyone else encountered this or am I getting fobbed off?

Quote Originally Posted by affanice View Post
    Just got back from the registration office. Lady said you have to have been registered to your current residence for at least three months?! Never come across that rule? Anyone else encountered this or am I getting fobbed off?
    Go there again. That's bullshit. If she still make trouble check out her clerk number and name and complain.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #689 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    Like you I have never come across that rule before?

Just go back in 3 months time?

10. #690 Re: How to get a Chinese Motorcycle License 
    C-Moto Noob
    Really? I'm all for making complaints against the awful bureaucratic system, but I was under the assumption she has me by the balls? Motorbikes have just been legalised in Xi'an so perhaps it's a new rule? Is a pain though.

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1949596768697071 ... LastLast