Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Jieda JD150-15 Review 

This motorcycle is a bike that you should stay away from at all costs. Two of my friends have bought it and it has had an absolute catalog of problems since new, and both bikes have barely been run in. The build quality is appalling! There are frame welds that can be seen through under inspection, the engine sounds awful, and the component quality is horrible, needing replacement parts continually, but under warranty the company will bolt even cheaper parts on as replacements. The bikes are really heavy and cumbersome when new, with their double lights, metal protective frames and pannier boxes attached. Things do improve a little however if the bikes a bobbed down. The bike vibrates terribly, and doesn't stop well at all.

If you really have your heart set on a small Chinese cruiser, spend a little more and buy something better like a Qjiang, Qingqi, Regal Raptor and so on, maybe a Suzuki GN125/150 would really be a great choice, albeit a fairly ugly machine, all the extra money can be saved at resale and by not spending as much on repair and maintenance.

Advantages:
    - Can be registered, has CCC
    - Rear tire pattern is attractive
    - Price (5500 RMB)

Disadvantages:
    - Everything else

Conclusion
    I still fail to understand why so many new riders are attracted to cruisers, a real Harley, Victory or Japanese cruiser are great at what they are for, usually for a relaxed ride somewhere in the states. A potentially dangerously poorly built Chinese cruiser with an engine that would feel underpowered in a lawnmower, and has no ability to get you out of trouble. With all the weight and compromised seating position it can be a recipe of disaster on Chinese roads with a new rider. For the love of God buy a 125cc motard or a regular street bike!
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

2. #2 Re: Jieda JD150-15 Review 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post

This motorcycle is a bike that you should stay away from at all costs. [...] For the love of God buy a 125cc motard or a regular street bike!
    xD I liked that review, it told everything. When I was a new driver I hated cruisers dearly. But now as older and wiser (haha) I imagine them to be attractive for some reason. Maybe because I imagine they would last and last because it would be better to drive them slow and nice. Also I imagine them would be comfortable to sit on hours and hours, or at least more comfy than other bikes. Are them?

To be honest since I don't get the XTR I have been thinking about buying that kind of two stroke Jawa :) Talk about reliability! The sounds rock too. Listen:

It would be very very radical for me to buy anyway, leaving enduro stuff would be such a life change. Yet..... I can hear myself saying "you can do it" xD

EDIT ! Oooh and actually I could get a new "enduro" version, I just would have to pay premium of it.

What say you?

(I have heard they manufacture Jawas in China too, however mine would be original Czech republic.)

A Jawa Tramp in action:

Last edited by moilami; 05-12-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Wrong picture, typos, additional comments.

3. #3 Re: Jieda JD150-15 Review 
    Hehe , a 2 stroke 350cc bike? Now that would be enough to get you out of trouble!

I used to have one of these so I know the feeling you are talking about!

Although I've never seen a Chinese Jawa though, certainly would be illegal now.

I'm not sure if this is a cruiser, but it is a Harley, and I love it!

4. #4 Re: Jieda JD150-15 Review 
    bantam..jpg

The original cruiser (you couldn't go fast enough on a Bantam to do anything but cruise! Really worked on hard they would just about do a ton - and then blow up! Came in 125, 150 and 175cc

5. #5 Re: Jieda JD150-15 Review 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Hehe , a 2 stroke 350cc bike? Now that would be enough to get you out of trouble!

I used to have one of these so I know the feeling you are talking about!
    I watched this bike maybe almost two minutes and found it hard to get my eyes away of it. Just darn freakingly awesome beauty it is. Harley was okay, I get the some kind of sterile hospital feeling of them I don't fancy much. Will you have to use some kind of rubber gloves with them so that no bacteria gets into the bike? Before your picture I had good fantasies about buying a Jawa and changing into cruiser dude, and then after I have got "things right" buy an elite Harley. Can't do that anymore (please don't take offence mate, it was tongue in the cheek humour and contains no hidden agendas*).

Seriously, Jawa is pretty much out of the game. Current competitors in the track are Skyteam 250 Enduro and random second hand < €1500 enduro from Germany. Random enduro was almost winning but then Skyteam got a boost after I called to the dealer and got a good deal, and impressed of that I had to email to one woman who have done enduro racing with several bikes, Japanese and European bikes, who tried a Skyteam and praised it. She boosted Skyteam to such a speed that it passed random enduro from Germany and is pretty well on the way to victory. I know women don't drive as hard as men, but I can say she knows how to hold a screwdriver and how to do enduro. And if Skyteam has been so trouble free and fine in her hands that she thinks about changing back to Skyteam again, then I know I can buy one.

* Edit: Except some obligatory Harley bashing.
    Last edited by moilami; 05-13-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: A convinction.

6. #6 Re: Jieda JD150-15 Review 
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    ...I had good fantasies about buying a Jawa and changing into cruiser...
    Say no more... For you: stock IZh Yunker 350.

BTW, ZMC888, do you have more of these... "Jieda's"? Have you heard about "Yamasaki"?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #7 Re: Jieda JD150-15 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

Agree! utter crap. I have more or less the same bike in 200ccs.... There is no pleasure in riding it at all. Why people buy small displacement cruisers? Dunno, I bought it because of low price and I thought top speed of 100km/h would be enough for me... and I hoped it will not need mechanical attention every 200km.... Stay away from anything cruiser looking that doesn't have at least 1000ccs :)

8. #8 Re: Jieda JD150-15 Review 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Say no more... For you: stock IZh Yunker 350.

OMG the factory still exists! And crafts cruisers xD That really is a stock version. A real beast What a pity they will never let those to be registered in Finland anymore.

IZh has done some cool videos. This really reminds me of what one lady said to me in a phone: "is it a chopper?" People call cruisers as choppers here. I said no, it is not a chopper, it is an enduro, it is much more awesome king bike. Then she said how does it look. I said it looks like a motocross bike. She said "oh". I can just imagine how disappointed she was

The next vid is even more awesome and cool Russians know what are the soft spots for men