Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 kinlon update 
    just a quick update on some more mods done on my bike - exhaust mainly

will try to get footage outside when rain stops
    better light than garage

hope video works
    enjoy
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm
    mods so far- custom gear rack, custom exhaust, custom bash plate, led indicators, led tail/stop light, 155main jet and needle set on 4th groove from top, airbox restrictor removed,front fairing shortened 75mm

2. #2 Re: kinlon update 
    Very nice one thanks a lot mate I listened and watched the video two times,* enough said

* Edit: Smiling stupidly
    Last edited by moilami; 05-13-2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: An conviction

3. #3 Re: kinlon update 
    quick update: power gains with new exhaust are incredible
    before exhaust i would cruise along at 80 about 1/2 way through fifth with engine revving fairly high
    after exhaust i can now cruise comfortably at 80 at about a 1/4 way through fourth with engine barely revving
    into fifth and bike just picks up and goes had up to 130kmh but need to check spoke tightness before going any faster
    still had about 1/3 throttle still to go. next task on the agenda is to have bike re-jetted and new dash fitted with tachometer so i can
    see as well as hear what the bike is doing overall very happy with how it turned out and as i said at the start the power gain is day and night
    compared with stock exhaust with also weighs a ton.
    Last edited by stromnes; 05-20-2010 at 04:42 AM.
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm
    mods so far- custom gear rack, custom exhaust, custom bash plate, led indicators, led tail/stop light, 155main jet and needle set on 4th groove from top, airbox restrictor removed,front fairing shortened 75mm

4. #4 Re: kinlon update 
    That is an amazing gain! Might try something like that myself. I still have a sprocket to change first, once I have fixed the car. Maybe these bikes can really perform given a bit of work, thanks very much for the update. There are a few folk in Aus and GB have the Kinlons hopefully your ideas will help, shame Mr Pfaelzer of Jh600 fame doesn't have a Kinlon ... it would probably fly to Mars if he did. Somewhere on the forum is a carb mod for the Kinlon if you look around.

5. #5 Re: kinlon update 
    that sounds mean..I bought a kinlon yesterday and the previous owner took half the baffling out original muffler,but doesnt sound a nice as yours,but it wont get me in trouble:).Not sure on performance as i havnt riden it yet,unlicenced atm.He also replaced the carby with an OKO carby
    http://dhz.com.au/product_info.php?c...863906c01287e4

where did you get the exhaust??
    Last edited by halfcasted; 06-10-2010 at 05:55 AM.

6. #6 Re: kinlon update 
    Quote Originally Posted by halfcasted View Post
    He also replaced the carby with an OKO carby
    WT@ does he think ? The stock 30mm carby is made by Keihin jv.

7. #7 Re: kinlon update 
    Quote Originally Posted by halfcasted View Post
    that sounds mean..I bought a kinlon yesterday and the previous owner took half the baffling out original muffler,but doesnt sound a nice as yours,but it wont get me in trouble:).Not sure on performance as i havnt riden it yet,unlicenced atm.He also replaced the carby with an OKO carby
    http://dhz.com.au/product_info.php?c...863906c01287e4

where did you get the exhaust??

thanks halfcasted,

muffler was a custom job, originally 300mm longer and it looked like on the bike so i cut it down and made new exhaust down to where it joins onto the front half
    now 44mm from the join back to the muffler made huge difference to power and acceleration.

cheers matt
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm

8. #8 Re: kinlon update 
    Hey mate, did you remove the video link, I am signed in but can't see it ???
    So basically you took the old exhaust, cut it down and ripped the guts out or was there more to it?

9. #9 Re: kinlon update 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    WT@ does he think ? The stock 30mm carby is made by Keihin jv.
    After browsing and trying to learn all i can about Kinlon..Turns out I bought "WillsSM" bike from this forum:)great bike,great bloke. he has many threads on his modifications etc..thats how i found out which carby it has;)

Stromnes..good work..wasnt sure if it was a pitbike bolt- on or something.i gotta learn to ride(again) before i learn to ride fast anyhow.lol

10. #10 Re: kinlon update 
    hey jape,

sorry been so long for reply had computer issue's lately
    no mate just ripped the bottom part out of the new exhaust when i cut it down didn't actually touch the baffler, only the pipe from there to the end
    will check on video link and see what's going on with it.
    changed the main jet on weekend as well to a 125main and adjusted the needle to fourth groove from top, much nicer and smoother ride and a hell of a lot zippier as well now.
    and was really bored last week with the shitty weather that i decided to build a bash plate as well
    New2..jpg
    this is my baby so far picture taken yesterday morning

next project for baby will be bark busters and a set of wheels from a cbr250r? i think.
    mite need a bit of customizing so will post pics as soon as project starts (cant wait)

cheers mate

matt
    Last edited by stromnes; 07-31-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: 4got 2 say cheers
    2009 kinlon kbr200sm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast