Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This is the factory's response to the problem. Here are the old and new tripple clamp designs.

THE OLD

THE NEW

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Supersignet, hi all,

I am from Hong Kong, my ID is fisheryuhk in www.moto8.net

I was planing to buy a Long March 200 for traveling in the south-west of the continent, due to several problems found in the first production model, I have to calm down and keep eyes wide open for the improvements. I believe all improvements should be done in this month. Shineray begins to sell Lang March again recently.

Shineray should give you a new Long March 250 (233cc) with improved triple clamps and other stuffs. Really I was shocked when I saw your photos, you will be very hard to see this problem on Japanese dual-sports bikes.

There is a serious 400cc dirtbike under develpment, the engine is very similar to XR400 with both E. starter and kick lever. The whole bike should be released at the end of this year, perhaps soon we can see a Jumbo Long March 400?
    Last edited by Hmong Fisher; 07-10-2008 at 06:01 AM.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Long March has a well-built chassis frame, but actually it is a low price DS bike, the cost of many components used have to be controlled strickly. In USA, there are lot of after-marcket hot stuffs for motorcycles, but not in China. I think if Shineray can provide upgraded kit components for Long March, CNC parts, better suspension, alloy rack, etc., I believe it would be much more welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmong Fisher View Post
    Hi Supersignet, hi all,

There is a serious 400cc dirtbike under develpment, the engine is very similar to XR400 with both E. starter and kick lever. The whole bike should be released at the end of this year, perhaps soon we can see and Jumbo Long March 400?
    Welcome Hmong Fisher.

I am very interested to hear more about this 400cc dirt bike.

who makes it. I hope they put on a decent set of triple clamps and a set of forks with a bigger diameter than 38 mm. My MTB would have less flex than a chinese moto front end.I hope they put on a decent Alloy swingarm and shock to match too.

Will it be available in China
    Last edited by bigdamo; 07-10-2008 at 07:02 AM.

Hell, I'd be willing to buy a broken one. Then have a new tree made for it. I have had the hots for these since the first time I saw a picture of Supersignet's.

Yes, it is a sickness. I just pray they don't get here until I can get my dang license back.(long story) Otherwise it would just be torture!

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHNN!!!!!!!!! Er, no....

Uhm......SSHIIIIINERAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Welcome Hmong Fisher.

who makes it. I hope they put on a decent set of triple clamps and a set of forks with a bigger diameter than 38 mm. My MTB would have less flex than a chinese moto front end.I hope they put on a decent Alloy swingarm and shock to match too.

The company is working on a version of Honda's 400cc thumper from the XR400 for use in a few projects... I don't know much about it though.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Welcome Hmong Fisher.

The 400cc dirt bike is named X4 which is Shineray's flagship project. They haven't annouced the chassis, but for sure it will be equipped with modern USD forks, mono shock and alloy swing arm, just look at the current motocrosser X2, it has 48mm USD forks and PDS type mono shock. The motor was put into a Honda XR400 Motard and has passed factory testing. X4 enduro will be the first model, and I believe there will be another two series models: X4 traveller (perhaps Jumbo Long March?) and X4 classic (as Honda CL400 or vintage CL450 Scrambler).

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Shineray starts to ship new improved triple clamps to existing Long-March owners now.

I wish somebody at Shineray saw the number of views of this thread about ONE model they make, and don't sell in the states!

Quote Originally Posted by iMoose View Post
    I wish somebody at Shineray saw the number of views of this thread about ONE model they make, and don't sell in the states!
    Maybe there doing the ground work and testing in/on the Chinese market before they release on the world.

If they released it in the USA and the triple clamps snapped and someone seriously hurt themselves the legal ramification would be enormous.

Looks like it harder to sue in China.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast