Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. #131 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Franki,

Thanks for your update, and the images of the aluminum panniers. those do look excellent, but I don't see any branding. Did you have them fabricated in China?

Also, are you back from your Southeast Asia ride? I look forward to seeing your next ride report in advrider!

I'll be returning to Shanghai in mid-March, and will be moving quickly to get the Jialing. I'm thinking now of going out to fetch it in Chongqing, and riding it back to Shanghai via some circuitous and interesting route.

Any other Jialing owners in Shanghai or nearby?? I see that the Austrian company that designed the JH600 engine has a testing office in Shanghai. I wonder if any of the engineers there have the JH600?

I've been riding a 2000 KLR600 over here in California, which is a quite similar dual sport, and enjoying the learning curve very much. I'll be very keen to start riding in China upon my return.

cheers,
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

The cases are made in China and will have a brand that will bring a smile on your face.

Just got back from SEA ride and busy clearing my desk during CNY. I am still thinking should I post the 2 other rides I did prior to the SEA one....

As I have said, forget about talking to anyone else but Jialing JH600 sales office when you want anything done to JH600. I would suggest that you fly to Chongqing to pick up your bike and ride around Sichuan during the break-in period. Then ride back to Chongqing to have it's first 1000km or so service. Then you can either crate it by the factory and ship it back to Shanghai or ride it back. There is a lot to see in Sichuan (read my RRs in ADV).

KLR is an excellent ride. JH600 may not match up to KLR but has a comfy seat for long distance ride. You will have a whole new learning experience when you come back to ride in China. Rules that you learn in US do not work in the wild wild east Beemer Boy from ADV will be posting a how to survive the road in Asia thread soon and you should be looking out for it.

Happy year of the Tiger!

Franki

2. #132 Re: JH600 impression 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Hi, Franki,

Ah, the time has come: I've returned to Shanghai and can't wait to get out to Chongqing to pick up a JH600. If you are in Hong Kong, could you PM me your contacts so I can give you a call?

I'm really enjoying Pfaelzer's thread on mods, and happy to know that you are advising him on much of it. I'm next!

cheers,
    Jeff

3. #133 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Hi, Franki,

Ah, the time has come: I've returned to Shanghai and can't wait to get out to Chongqing to pick up a JH600. If you are in Hong Kong, could you PM me your contacts so I can give you a call?

I'm really enjoying Pfaelzer's thread on mods, and happy to know that you are advising him on much of it. I'm next!

cheers,
    Jeff

Message sent

4. #134 Re: JH600 impression 
    Just got a photo from Bob. He has installed the Laser exhaust on his JH600 and found it to be more powerful and sounds great. It also eliminated the backfire problem which he had with a cheap local made exhaust.
    Attached Images

5. #135 Re: JH600 impression 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Hi Franki,
    surely the Laser sounds great and is more powerful. It looks like the same model than I have, however, not that it bothers me too much, but my JH600 backfires sometimes, especially when taking the throttle down quickly. I wonder if there is a difference between Bob's bike and mine.

AW.

6. #136 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfaelzer View Post
    Hi Franki,
    surely the Laser sounds great and is more powerful. It looks like the same model than I have, however, not that it bothers me too much, but my JH600 backfires sometimes, especially when taking the throttle down quickly. I wonder if there is a difference between Bob's bike and mine.

AW.
    Hi Andreas,

The laser on both of your bikes are identical. Bob said "Also with the multi-chamber design the backfires associated with throttle lift off and/or compression deceleration are well contained." So I guess there are still some backfire. All performance exhaust have this issue even on Japanese or European bikes. Tunning the ECU may help but I would not hold my breath waiting for Jialing to come up with different mapping.

Franki

7. #137 Re: JH600 impression 
    Do your bikes have the secondary air injection (SAI) device? If so, removing it and blocking off the various connection points is said to reduce or eliminate the popping.

8. #138 Re: JH600 impression 
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    Hi Andreas,

The laser on both of your bikes are identical. Bob said "Also with the multi-chamber design the backfires associated with throttle lift off and/or compression deceleration are well contained." So I guess there are still some backfire. All performance exhaust have this issue even on Japanese or European bikes. Tunning the ECU may help but I would not hold my breath waiting for Jialing to come up with different mapping.

Franki
    The throttle lift backfire is now not an objectionable sound I find it quite useful when passing some local retard on a scooter dawdling & wobbling along talking on a cell phone & doing a bit of nose picking while traveling to the local cheap noodle shop Wakes `em up a bit Also replaced the H4 headlights with 2 HID units ( very good at night ) & the stock horn with a set of Seoul Horns ( LOUD & many sounds )
    Every Day .... An Adventure
    Every Meal ... A Feast
    Every Pay .... A Fortune

Ride: Triumph Bonneville 865

9. #139 Re: JH600 impression 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob S View Post

The throttle lift backfire is now not an objectionable sound I find it quite useful when passing some local retard on a scooter dawdling & wobbling along talking on a cell phone & doing a bit of nose picking while traveling to the local cheap noodle shop Wakes `em up a bit Also replaced the H4 headlights with 2 HID units ( very good at night ) & the stock horn with a set of Seoul Horns ( LOUD & many sounds )
    Yeah, "loud pipes safes lives" - but sometimes you want to stealth into a small town, with no traffic but bicycles and not raising too much attention...
    I wonder wether this backfire could cause damage to engine valves or other parts on the long term?
    AW.

10. #140 Re: JH600 impression 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob S View Post

Bob S.
    How was the wiring handled with the dual headlights system on the JH600, when you fitted the HID units? Which model JH600 did you buy, the Asian market model with dual high-low beams, or the single low double high beam headlights? Just curious how you managed the wiring side of it, though perhaps both light units share the same wiring loom backbone? Fitted HID units to my CFMoto250 VIP (now sold) and my Dragstar 1100 Classic. While the light is nice white-bright on high/low beam, I find that the beam is far too narrow or concentrated on both bikes. The CFMoto having a rectangular light and the Dragstar with a large round light - both have too high concentrated central beam with not enough of the peripheral spread. What's you opinion...

Still considering the JH600, and following Pfaelzer mod thread with lots of interest

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast